fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender, 1968 Mustang, 2021 Mach-E GT
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
I have been waiting to test drive a Mach-E, never did pre order. Watched a ton of reviews on the youtube (Doug!), and reading them. Found a local dealership that had 2 Premiums, one rear wheel one all wheel. The next day the salesman said that they just got a FE that was the dealership owners personal one, but decided to wait for the GT. I was so impressed I bought it that afternoon. 2nd time in a few months we lucked into a car we really wanted by chance at a dealership.

I am not a bright color kinds guy on a car, so this was about the perfect color for me. Would have preferred the black, but oh well. Garage needs some spring cleaning. Getting a 240v installed tomorrow. One car gets about 8mpg.... other is electric. Not much in the middle between the two Mustangs.

Anyways, glad to be here and looking forward to a few personalization updates.

Oh, and myself nor the dealership can get this dang phone key to work. Very, very frustrating. Done everything people on here have said to do, and the dealership. Taking it by in a few days to hopefully fix it. Android here, wife has Apple and still doesn't work.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Snagged a FE unexpectedly, very happy with it. Sitting by my '68 now 20210217_150831
Sponsored

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I have been waiting to test drive a Mach-E, never did pre order. Watched a ton of reviews on the youtube (Doug!), and reading them. Found a local dealership that had 2 Premiums, one rear wheel one all wheel. The next day the salesman said that they just got a FE that was the dealership owners personal one, but decided to wait for the GT. I was so impressed I bought it that afternoon. 2nd time in a few months we lucked into a car we really wanted by chance at a dealership.

I am not a bright color kinds guy on a car, so this was about the perfect color for me. Would have preferred the black, but oh well. Garage needs some spring cleaning. Getting a 240v installed tomorrow. One car gets about 8mpg.... other is electric. Not much in the middle between the two Mustangs.

Oh, and myself nor the dealership can get this dang phone key to work. Very, very frustrating. Done everything people on here have said to do, and the dealership. Taking it by in a few days to hopefully fix it. Android here, wife has Apple and still doesn't work.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Snagged a FE unexpectedly, very happy with it. Sitting by my '68 now 20210217_150831
Congratulations, I think those two look excellent together in gray and black!

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Grats. Android issue should probably be fixed in the next couple of weeks. Surprised to hear Apple wouldn’t go though.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag

My Phone-as-a-key works like a charm everytime! What I did was uninstall Fordpass and reinstalled it. Make sure that Bluetooth is on. Then scanned the bar code for the car into it (dealer did it so unsure of the steps). Done!

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag
My dealer says they were able to get 2 phones to work, however I think the phone is too slow. I plan on using the code to get in and the code to start. Probably easier for now

LOEzell

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(1): 2021 Audi Etron, (2): 2019 MDX Advance
Occupation
Retired Engineering Manager
Country flag

Congratulation! Did you have to pay ADM? Did you use Ford Options?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My dealer says they were able to get 2 phones to work, however I think the phone is too slow. I plan on using the code to get in and the code to start. Probably easier for now
The downside is that if you punch in the code to start the car, if you wait more than a minute or 2 to put it in gear and drive it prompts you for the code again.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Congratulations, but there's some debris blocking the view of the '68 ?

That's actually a pretty surprising contrast in size, though - the '68 looks much smaller than I would expect for a car made in the 60's.

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
My Phone-as-a-key works like a charm everytime! What I did was uninstall Fordpass and reinstalled it. Make sure that Bluetooth is on. Then scanned the bar code for the car into it (dealer did it so unsure of the steps). Done!
I'll try again to uninstall Ford pass, and use the bar code. I have not tried that. Bluetooth was on, and even connected to my home Wi-Fi. The Mach-E was connected via Bluetooth though, I played music from my phone. I'll try all that tomorrow. Even drove to an empty parking lot so be in the option.

I don't know what ADM is? Ford options for what?

Yeah, old Mustang is very low... Here is a shot unobstructed for who said it was.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Snagged a FE unexpectedly, very happy with it. Sitting by my '68 now FB_IMG_1611427559662
Ford Mustang Mach-E Snagged a FE unexpectedly, very happy with it. Sitting by my '68 now FB_IMG_1611427584049
Ford Mustang Mach-E Snagged a FE unexpectedly, very happy with it. Sitting by my '68 now FB_IMG_1611427575130

wmaney

First Name
Wade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE, daughter drives Ford Focus Titanium
Country flag
Congrats - you now have two beautiful Mustangs - radically different in many ways but each is singularly great. I too lucked into getting an FE two weeks ago by calling a deanship (400 miles from our home!) and a deal on the FE was falling through while I was on the phone. Got it the next day. Ford Connected Charge Station installed today and woking well as in PAAK with my iPhone. Good luck with the latest suggestions for a fix. Enjoy.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I'll try again to uninstall Ford pass, and use the bar code. I have not tried that. Bluetooth was on, and even connected to my home Wi-Fi. The Mach-E was connected via Bluetooth though, I played music from my phone. I'll try all that tomorrow. Even drove to an empty parking lot so be in the option.

Yeah, old Mustang is very low... Here is a shot unobstructed for who said it was.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Snagged a FE unexpectedly, very happy with it. Sitting by my '68 now FB_IMG_1611427575130
I absolutely love that car. Oh, and congrats on the Mach-E, too :)

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
I don't know what ADM is?
Additional Dealer Markup.

In other words, did you pay anything above MSRP?

Ford options for what?
Ford Options is a balloon financing setup Ford introduced for Mach E.

At 3 years, you can either pay off the balloon, refinance, or return car to Ford. Loan rate is 2.9%. So it's like a lease practically, but is a loan legally. Additionally, with Ford Options, if you are in one of the ten or so states (including California and most CARB states), you get $2500 incentive from Ford Credit, or $1000 if not.

Read the forum for more details.

Macheeee

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F-150, 2013 Honda Crosstour, 2010 Audi A5 Con
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag

Love the leafs in the grill! Looks like she is actually driven ;-)

OP
OP

fallguy

First Name
fallguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Federal
Country flag
Additional Dealer Markup.

In other words, did you pay anything above MSRP?

Ford Options is a balloon financing setup Ford introduced for Mach E.

At 3 years, you can either pay off the balloon, refinance, or return car to Ford. Loan rate is 2.9%. So it's like a lease practically, but is a loan legally. Additionally, with Ford Options, if you are in one of the ten or so states (including California and most CARB states), you get $2500 incentive from Ford Credit, or $1000 if not.

Read the forum for more details.
Paid $59,400. Minus the $100 rebate and my trade in for my car that was paid off. The only other fee was $595 for processing. No delivery fee. Tried to get them to take it off, but they wouldn't. Gave me an extra $500 for trade in, so basically a trade.

I didn't know anything about the Ford options, suppose I should have looked into it. I asked the sales manager if there was any incentive for prior Ford owners. My wife used Ford to finance a new 2006 Mustang. He didn't mention it. They really would not budge on the price. They know it will sell, and claim they are making very little if any money on the sale. I have a 3.34% so not terribly higher.

My '68 is driven a lot. That day we drove it to the mountains and then back downtown. It's very reliable. It's been all over the eastern United States. I don't drive it in bad weather, and past few months has been pretty bad.

Logged out of the app, uninstalled it. Reinstalled, left it open and scanned the QR code. The bottom right code brought up the Ford page saying "This vehicle can not be found", or something like that. Only option I had was to hit the X to close out the message. Then option to browse models like I was shopping. I read elsewhere that's the code to use.

Selecting setup phone as key from the app gets to 60% and gives me a code to copy. I get a message in the app and an email saying my key was created. Then an error saying connection problem. The key fob is in the car, I've placed the phone on the passenger seat, on the wireless charging pad, etc.

I'm going to try once again to start from scratch. Logging out and deleting everything. All profiles, etc. Probably not get to it until tomorrow though. Thanks to all for attempting to help me. I don't mind a few bugs starting out, being an early adopter it's expected. Been the case with computers for decades. Electrician installing 240v in the garage now. Plan to use the supplied charger. I'm home every day, and never drive very far for other things. We have her vehicle for long trips.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Beautiful, man, congratulations!
Sponsored