Jeffho

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang E4
Country flag
anyone considering adding snow tires for the winter?
Sponsored

Sobmartin

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Prius Prime
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yep, had to move to 18’ wheels but bigger tires so the difference is only .7mph.

1969Mach1Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69mach1, 11 R56S MINI, LR LR4, Mach-E IBSM.
Occupation
Minister Of Awesomeness
Country flag
A decent set of all weather should work great because of the weight. Treat this thing llike an old 93 SAAB. Winter Only if you like the extra bit of confidence. I've lived in Colorado for my entire life and have never found the need for pure winter tires unless traversing mountain passes.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Michelin 225/55/19 X-ice SUV Snow, already mounted on the 19" OEM rims, but not yet on MME. Past EVs with X-ice 3 were a softer quieter ride, no idea yet if the SUV version is the same, or what the range hit will be.

I read somewhere to try to run winter tires mostly under 40F to increase life, no idea if that is correct? We are still in the 50's here daytime. Probably will wait until later Nov or Dec to do the change over.

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
I just ordered some Blizzak LM001s for mine and they should be at my Costco this week. I wanted the Hakkupaluggi 9s for a studded tire (I have a gnarly driveway) but couldn’t find any so I decided a studless was better than waiting and finding a supply shortage.

I’m hoping for some good snow to play in this winter!

Silver Lake

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250 , Honda Crosstour, Rapid Red AWD ER 7/15/21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just ordered some Blizzak LM001s for mine and they should be at my Costco this week. I wanted the Hakkupaluggi 9s for a studded tire (I have a gnarly driveway) but couldn’t find any so I decided a studless was better than waiting and finding a supply shortage.

I’m hoping for some good snow to play in this winter!
Colorider,
Did you get the Blizzaks yet?
That is what I am thinking I will go with.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I put OEM Sized Goodyear Winter Commanders on the wife’s car for a snow tire (wanting the nest for her).
I’m sticking with all-seasons on my car but went to Continental Extreme Contact in 245-50-19’s to fit my new wheels better and get better performance out of a wider tire.
We’ll see which one of us fares better over the next few months.

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
Colorider,
Did you get the Blizzaks yet?
That is what I am thinking I will go with.
Yes, my Costco put them on for me last night. They feel similar to other snow tires I have had on other cars (kinda squirmy), but no real complaints. At $1k worth of tires, I will resist the urge to floor it for the next few months on blacktop. I AM looking forward to a little rallying if we ever get snow though!

DaMeatMan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Extended Range Battery
Country flag
A decent set of all weather should work great because of the weight. Treat this thing llike an old 93 SAAB. Winter Only if you like the extra bit of confidence. I've lived in Colorado for my entire life and have never found the need for pure winter tires unless traversing mountain passes.

I did exactly that and put on a set of all weather (not to be confused with "all season") 235/55R19 105H Michelin CrossClimate2 on my MME 4X. Wet and dry cold weather performance should be much better than dedicated winters, with the exception being actual snow driving. But with that said, roads here are plowed quickly and from what I see in the reviews out there, the CrossClimate2 is a very competent snow tire as well, and I'm just itching for our first snowfall to try them out!

Been driving on them in the summer as well, and the performance characteristics are night and day compared to the stock all seasons. I used to fish tale extremely easily particularly when gunning it on a turn from a stand still at a light. Now with the wider CrossClimate2 tires, I couldn't make the tires spin if I tried and they hook up extremely well and feel like really solid all seasons despite having a more winter biased compound without feeling like squishy marshmallow winter tires. Road noise is also reduced from stock tires as well and couldn't be happier!

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Yes, I downsized and bought a set of select 18" wheels 225/60/18 104v tires. The two hardpoints to watch are if you buy aftermarket wheels make sure they will support the weight of the Mach E and the same thing with the tires. Many people on this forum have put the wrong load rating on their cars. I would also stay with one of the factories sizes 225/60/18 104 xl, 225/55/19 103 xl, or 245/45/20
103 XL

Also If you gonna buy an all-weather don't buy a directional tire like the cross climate or Hankook. The Mach E is heavy and you need to 4 tire rotate if you don't they will wear funny and make noise

Lexy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
I put OEM Sized Goodyear Winter Commanders on the wife’s car for a snow tire (wanting the nest for her).
I’m sticking with all-seasons on my car but went to Continental Extreme Contact in 245-50-19’s to fit my new wheels better and get better performance out of a wider tire.
We’ll see which one of us fares better over the next few months.
Hi There, I am waiting delivery of my Mach E GT PE. And was able to find a new set of take off's 19" Premium wheel. I also bought a set of Conti Extreme Contact DWS-06 Plus. They are the 245 50 19's as well. As the rim is 7" wide, it does meet the min. width to properly support this tire. They are mounted and they look awesome. No donut look, the Conti's have a real good rim protection design. Can hardly wait to try them out. How are they working for you ?

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Hi There, I am waiting delivery of my Mach E GT PE. And was able to find a new set of take off's 19" Premium wheel. I also bought a set of Conti Extreme Contact DWS-06 Plus. They are the 245 50 19's as well. As the rim is 7" wide, it does meet the min. width to properly support this tire. They are mounted and they look awesome. No donut look, the Conti's have a real good rim protection design. Can hardly wait to try them out. How are they working for you ?
Haven’t had any real snow or ice yet. So I can’t say.
Sponsored