So….. 100 miles from home…. How screwed am I?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
im 69% battery (nice)

I might do that. Waiting to hear about VIN check
Your last post just changed my mind.
Where are you? If near Phoenix, I will help you get home safe while you have the car towed.
Sponsored

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
@atomdeathstroke since you got a SVS after getting your car updated with the recall software (and you have less power), it sounds to me like your car will be drivable but you need a new HVBJB. I hope you have another car -- otherwise be sure to secure a rental, it sounds like a trip to the hospital is in your near future....

@cbcasas, did you have your car updated to the recall software? I'm guessing not. You should have a forum member with FDRS take a look and see what error codes your car has. I guess the good thing is I'm guessing you have AAA towing coverage to get your car to a dealer ....

OP
OP
atomdeathstroke

atomdeathstroke

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mache E Premium
Occupation
I make stickers
Country flag
Your last post just changed my mind.
Where are you? If near Phoenix, I will help you get home safe while you have the car towed.
mom in Milwaukee but stuck in chicago. Thankfully I have a lot of friends in the area (out to dinner with one now) and they should be able to get me home if I can’t get going.

heisnuts

First Name
Darrel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Country flag
yeah, you guys all fucking rock. I’m with my 8 month pregnant wife and her anxiety is being alleviated by your awesome help!
Given the hour, I would try to make it home. If you choose to go the tow route you will be waiting for awhile and still be dropped off at a closed dealer. If it is the HVBJB you should be able to make it home and probably even be able to drive it to your local dealer tomorrow.

as you may know from reading the forum, you will want to open a case with the Ford BEV team to help expedite the repairs.

cbcasas

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
@atomdeathstroke since you got a SVS after getting your car updated with the recall software (and you have less power), it sounds to me like your car will be drivable but you need a new HVBJB. I hope you have another car -- otherwise be sure to secure a rental, it sounds like a trip to the hospital is in your near future....

@cbcasas, did you have your car updated to the recall software? I'm guessing not. You should have a forum member with FDRS take a look and see what error codes your car has. I guess the good thing is I'm guessing you have AAA towing coverage to get your car to a dealer ....
Correct. I did not have the recall software. My first move was to call for a tow and just get it to the dealer ASAP. I had a nice user here reach out just now. Thank you!

Last edited:

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Wow. Best of luck. Who cares about the car. Congratulations on your imminent arrival. In a month, a bad high voltage problem will be the least of your concerns and worries. Have a great kid. you have a great car…. it just needs a little help.

Jes sayin. Babies rock. 10 year olds are the best. Sincerely …….multiple grandpa.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Wow. Best of luck. Who cares about the car. Congratulations on your imminent arrival. In a month, a bad high voltage problem will be the least of your concerns and worries. Have a great kid. you have a great car…. it just needs a little help.

Jes sayin. Babies rock. 10 year olds are the best. Sincerely …….multiple grandpa.
Willing to bet one grandchild is named "Jes"

OP
OP
atomdeathstroke

atomdeathstroke

First Name
Atom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mache E Premium
Occupation
I make stickers
Country flag

Glad to hear! This is number 3 for me (that I know of hahaha) so I am pretty excited. I have an ice vehicle as a backup and my workplace is only a 5 minute walk from home so not a huge deal.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Willing to bet one grandchild is named "Jes"
Close. Niece named Jessica. Standard Female. Aka birthing unit lol. Sorry pronouns

Nephew called Jesse. Standard Alpha Male. Aka The Big Daddy. Also easily identifiable.

No pronouns needed en Mi familia
jes sayin ….rant over

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
How many premiums have the hardware issues so far?

Pull the 12 V battery ground cable off for 10 seconds and get on with life. If the errors come back call your nearest dealer.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Glad to hear! This is number 3 for me (that I know of hahaha) so I am pretty excited. I have an ice vehicle as a backup and my workplace is only a 5 minute walk from home so not a huge deal.
give us an update today. Let us know what your car did.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Good news is pre-recall, your car would have not reduced power, nor warned you, until after it completely fried itself. Now it’s smart enough to reduce power and still let you drive.