So am I stuck with this ridiculous SiriusXM pop up for the entire life of the car?

terry_mach_e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4X | Rapid Red
Country flag
it "might" be because you have an SXM station still set in one of your preset stations? It might pop up as the car's still trying to hit their infrastructure. I've removed all their stations on my radio buttons. I'm past the trial period, and have never seen this notification (knock on wood).
I have tried all modes of disabling that I could think of: remove the app from my drawer, remove all channels from the preset, turn off SiriusXM from the settings menu; nothing has helped yet. But I'll check again tonight, thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jake Blues

Jake Blues

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER RWD Space White
Country flag
Resurrecting this thread, because I am tired of this popup. Did it ever resolve @Jake Blues, or do you have it to date?
I am still being plagued by this nonsense. I asked about it last time I was at the Ford dealership and they didn't know how to disable it either.

OP
OP
Jake Blues

Jake Blues

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have tried all modes of disabling that I could think of: remove the app from my drawer, remove all channels from the preset, turn off SiriusXM from the settings menu; nothing has helped yet. But I'll check again tonight, thanks!
Please let me know if you if you figure anything out. I play my music exclusively from a USB, and sometimes as the screen is booting up XM overrides my USB with that f'n preview channel.

Mauser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-e GT-PE Space White
Country flag
Please let me know if you if you figure anything out. I play my music exclusively from a USB, and sometimes as the screen is booting up XM overrides my USB with that f'n preview channel.
This might be a pain in the ass, but have you tried resetting the system to factory and going through the set up process again?

...This is the same reason I don't want to mess with that damn Amazon/Alexa icon...

OP
OP
Jake Blues

Jake Blues

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This might be a pain in the ass, but have you tried resetting the system to factory and going through the set up process again?

...This is the same reason I don't want to mess with that damn Amazon/Alexa icon...
I haven't tried that. My salesman set it up for me before I took delivery so I'm not familiar with what all that entails.

KevinS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E (sold), 2023 Ioniq 6 SEL
Country flag

It doesn't change it. Hopefully a future update will take care of it. It bugs the hell out of me too.

Platinum Ice

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford MME Premium, 2023 Ford Lightning Order
Occupation
Investor
Country flag
To be honest, I get perplexed that car owners give a rat's behind what shows on their screen as the car boots up. Don't look. When the car is ready to drive, it's not visible.
Do you like the JuiceBox 48 - and why did you sell the '21 MME? I just ordered a '23 Lightning - 5 on the local dealer list. Ford corporate feels 80K Lightnings may be produced in '23 - even 40K gets me one it seems.

flapjake314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select AWD
Country flag
To be honest, I get perplexed that car owners give a rat's behind what shows on their screen as the car boots up. Don't look. When the car is ready to drive, it's not visible.
ready to drive? i start backing up before the "startup chimes" even finish :D

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
Do you like the JuiceBox 48 - and why did you sell the '21 MME? I just ordered a '23 Lightning - 5 on the local dealer list. Ford corporate feels 80K Lightnings may be produced in '23 - even 40K gets me one it seems.

The pop-up finally got to him! 🤣🤣🤣

(I know this isn't remotely true).

MMarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e AWD
Occupation
Restaurant Owner
Country flag
You can try under profile settings - intelligent recommends/information - disable , enable, disable again en save by pushing door button 1 . Haven't seen it last 3 days.

rfrommd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER RWD
Country flag
So I did the following a few months ago, and I haven't seen it since:
  • Listen to an AM or FM radio station
  • Switch to audio on Android Auto
  • Keep the radio card on the bottom row
I'm not sure why it works, or if I did something else in my "mash (touchscreen) buttons and see if it goes away" phase that actually fixed the problem.

terry_mach_e

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4X | Rapid Red
Country flag
I am still being plagued by this nonsense. I asked about it last time I was at the Ford dealership and they didn't know how to disable it either.
Greg, this annoying popup goes away with the 3.x.x updates! I now start my ride with no cussing. :D

Hope you and others already have it, or will get it soon.
Sponsored