So good to see the lightning Posts about range loss…

OP
OP
Nklem

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
The majority of people research nothing. Many are too lazy, some are too ignorant, and some are simply stupid. They buy, they don't like, they return / sell / throw away.
Yup. My 1st EV was /still is a ‘19 Ioniq EV. 160 miles summer, 100-110 miles Winter. 120 highway Summer. I learned on my first highway trip on a cold autumn day what cool weather does to range. Arrived at the only DCFC in the state with 2 miles to spare. This was a week after I leased it. I would get another in a heartbeat.
Sponsored

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I am a member on the F150 Lightning forum as well because I have a '22 Lariat Lightning.

Today was a nice 75 degree and sunny day - got to charge at EA to 100% and got EPA +20% range.

No A/C, no heating, no climate controls on - just the windows rolled down...

Gotta love So Calif.
Ford Mustang Mach-E So good to see the lightning Posts about range loss… 68702255889__915D4061-1FD6-43B3-B6C0-57AEC72E0287.JPG

romanservices

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GTPE, FJ Cruiser, F150 EcoBoost, F-53
Country flag
Yup. My 1st EV was /still is a ‘19 Ioniq EV. 160 miles summer, 100-110 miles Winter. 120 highway Summer. I learned on my first highway trip on a cold autumn day what cool weather does to range. Arrived at the only DCFC in the state with 2 miles to spare. This was a week after I leased it. I would get another in a heartbeat.
That was my first EV also, great little car.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Lots of BEV owners are in for a rude awakening when they take their brand new EVs on a road trip and that EA DCFC station with four pumps is full of cars or broken chargers. And that "quick" 10 minute charge turns into 40 minutes or an hour.

Last weekend I had to wait for a charger for the first time at a station that in the past was empty most of the time I stopped there. All four stations were occupied by new BEVs. And then I had problems with the pumps. I only needed a 10 minute charge but ended up staying there for 55 minutes. I am not ready to get rid of my BEV because of that, but many people will.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Lots of BEV owners are in for a rude awakening when they take their brand new EVs on a road trip and that EA DCFC station with four pumps is full of cars or broken chargers. And that "quick" 10 minute charge turns into 40 minutes or an hour.

Last weekend I had to wait for a charger for the first time at a station that in the past was empty most of the time I stopped there. All four stations were occupied by new BEVs. And then I had problems with the pumps. I only needed a 10 minute charge but ended up staying there for 55 minutes. I am not ready to get rid of my BEV because of that, but many people will.
I know what you mean.

Last weekend, stopped by EA chargers at Target and 3 out of 4 were working + 6 cars waiting including my Lightning.

EA was reported both by app and phone call to mark the charger as unavailable both on the mobile app and screen because people kept trying to charge when it was obviously failed.

EA has to do a better job maintaining, updating and using some smart algorithms to mark their chargers as working or not.

The EA rep did say that many areas of CA are inundated with a large influx of new EVs which is causing this issue.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Considering all the range loss threads here, a loooooooooooong time.
My range loss is due to two things:
1. Ford installed the wrong battery in my car
2. It got cold. It’s down to the mid to upper 50s now.

False advertising! Lies!

How do I install that diesel heater in my Mach-e?:p

raz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
My range loss is due to two things:
1. Ford installed the wrong battery in my car
2. It got cold. It’s down to the mid to upper 50s now.

False advertising! Lies!

How do I install that diesel heater in my Mach-e?:p
I will use the 1 lbs propane Mr. heater golf cart heater for couple days in a year. Only for single digit ○F

OP
OP
Nklem

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Idiots….just plug in an electric unit heater into the powered outlets. Problem solved…..lol. It says efficient. I even hear it’s 100%.

You may chuckle but someone on the Ioniq 5 Forum was using his V2L 110V to plug in something like this in Winter and it was “so much more efficient”

45A5013B-3039-4761-A5BD-8E539FE58991.png

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Idiots….just plug in an electric unit heater into the powered outlets. Problem solved…..lol. It says efficient. I even hear it’s 100%.

You may chuckle but someone on the Ioniq 5 Forum was using his V2L 110V to plug in something like this in Winter and it was “so much more efficient”

Ford Mustang Mach-E So good to see the lightning Posts about range loss… 45A5013B-3039-4761-A5BD-8E539FE58991
I love this idea. But the MME does not have a 120V outlet. I purchased a 12V electric blanket for when I am stuck in the snow on I95 for 20 hours and need to conserve the HVB.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will use the 1 lbs propane Mr. heater golf cart heater for couple days in a year. Only for single digit ○F
Huh? To heat the cabin?

OP
OP
Nklem

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I love this idea. But the MME does not have a 120V outlet. I purchased a 12V electric blanket for when I am stuck in the snow on I95 for 20 hours and need to conserve the HVB.
That works, I have one for my Original Ioniq EV too. I have never needed it though.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E So good to see the lightning Posts about range loss… 45A5013B-3039-4761-A5BD-8E539FE58991
You need this device, it costs only $18. Put it under the seat.

Ford Mustang Mach-E So good to see the lightning Posts about range loss… 1668224296570
Sponsored