So good to see the lightning Posts about range loss…

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Very entertaining reading if you have time to kill or need a chuckle. What’s wrong with my truck?

A recent post from Canada was -15c, 5F, a 60% range loss.

Another post 320 miles Spec, 192 miles actual around 30F. ….40% loss.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I said months and months ago that the percentage of F-150L owners that would dump the truck soon after ownership because they are unhappy with range, features, etc. would be higher than the Mach-E numbers.

I fully expect to see a groundswell of F-150Ls for sale in the coming months, and prices will plummet.

EU0OaHBU4AIziw_.jpg

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Yeah - The Lightning boards are starting to look a lot like the early Mach-e boards. I see less people asking if they got the wrong battery though!

I wonder how long it will take before winter range loss becomes common knowledge?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yeah - The Lightning boards are starting to look a lot like the early Mach-e boards. I see less people asking if they got the wrong battery though!

I wonder how long it will take before winter range loss becomes common knowledge?
Considering all the range loss threads here, a loooooooooooong time.

AllenXS

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Blue ER AWD
Country flag
Also look for the thread about a guy who installed a diesel heater in his Lightning. He’s convinced he’ll get full summer range all winter long thanks to his mod.
Perhaps it will work better in aMach-E 😕

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Yeah, it is funny to see it over there, too, but, now that I am about to be a Lightning owner within the next couple of weeks, I am now subjected to seeing those posts in this forum and that one. 😒

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
It’s okay though. It just means there’s another new person to driving EVs and it’s one less ICE engine on the road. It’s when they start arguing about it that it gets tiresome/funny. :)

OP
OP
Nklem

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag

I agree! You would think folks would surf the internet before buying an EV, but it seems like the majority do not. I certainly did.

OP
OP
Nklem

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, it is funny to see it over there, too, but, now that I am about to be a Lightning owner within the next couple of weeks, I am now subjected to seeing those posts in this forum and that one. 😒
Lucky you! I so wish I had put in a reservation. I was too late. I would welcome the Winter range and fully expect it.

bellyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME FE & '23 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Lucky you! I so wish I had put in a reservation. I was too late. I would welcome the Winter range and fully expect it.
I actually had a reservation at the start when they were first announced, but canceled it months ago. I then went out and test drove the Lightning a few weeks back and fell in love with it, so started frantically calling up dealerships in hopes of getting my hands on their mannequin as they come available, but one of the dealers ended up with a canceled order on a 2023 that happened to be coming in this month. I'm not thrilled with the markup, but I am definitely excited to get my hands on this truck. The range, as you noted, is something that I am really excited for, as it will mean that even in the winter, I likely won't need to stop and charge any longer when we head to our cottage up in Wisconsin and we'll have many fewer charging stops when we head from Chicago to Cooperstown for my son's baseball next summer.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I agree! You would think folks would surf the internet before buying an EV, but it seems like the majority do not. I certainly did.
The majority of people research nothing. Many are too lazy, some are too ignorant, and some are simply stupid. They buy, they don't like, they return / sell / throw away.
Sponsored