jkovacs

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GTPE
Country flag
Lol! That is hilarious! That is indeed mine in the background! And I saw a picture of yours which made me decide to go two toned! I originally was thinking to wrap everything and they showed me a picture of yours and I was sold! Great colour by the way!!!
Thanks! Glad I was able to provide some inspiration. I absolutely love the Grabber Blue. All my previous cars have been either black or gray so I wanted something with a little pizzazz. 🤣 I did have a good chuckle when I pulled in and the only other car in the shop was also a Mach E.

intoMME

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD Select w/Tech Pkg. Infinity Blue
Country flag
you have one pic hiding your plate and another exposing it btw
also...everyone can see your plate when you are parked or driving, so it really does not matter if it shows in a picture. That color looks REALLY good, though!

Iam7foot1

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Performance Cyber Orange
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
you have one pic hiding your plate and another exposing it btw
I've got some pics posted with my license plate showing too. What is the danger in that? I'm curious as to if I should remove mine.
Thanks in advance!

MMENJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Wrangler 4xE, 23 Mach E GT-“Julius”
Country flag
Off topic a little but just started reading this thread, I’m not sure why anyone even bothers blocking out their license plates? It’s not like everyone driving on the road can’t see your plate? Kinda dumb.

itzbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium ER AWD
Country flag
I've got some pics posted with my license plate showing too. What is the danger in that? I'm curious as to if I should remove mine.
Thanks in advance!
License plates can be used to look up personal info on a publicly available database (I believe most DMVs provide this for a small fee). It sounds like the majority of forum members don't really mind or are of the mindset that somebody can just walk up to your car, write down your license plate and find out who are you. That's unavoidable and an acceptable risk of owning a car.

OP made an attempt to block their plates on at least one photo and so I brought it up. Myself personally, I don't want to expose any more of my private data than is already accessible through the internet. I agree with the idea that anyone with malicious intent could walk up to my car and look up my info but that doesn't mean I have to make it any easier for them.

OP
OP
b1ptsv24

b1ptsv24

First Name
Shirl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e
Country flag
Off topic a little but just started reading this thread, I’m not sure why anyone even bothers blocking out their license plates? It’s not like everyone driving on the road can’t see your plate? Kinda dumb.
Awe, don’t call me dumb. ;)

Honestly, I don’t think there is any harm in being “too” cautious. (I’m the director of cyber security at my company, so maybe it’s ingrained in me! 😂)

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
License plates can be used to look up personal info on a publicly available database (I believe most DMVs provide this for a small fee). It sounds like the majority of forum members don't really mind or are of the mindset that somebody can just walk up to your car, write down your license plate and find out who are you. That's unavoidable and an acceptable risk of owning a car.

OP made an attempt to block their plates on at least one photo and so I brought it up. Myself personally, I don't want to expose any more of my private data than is already accessible through the internet. I agree with the idea that anyone with malicious intent could walk up to my car and look up my info but that doesn't mean I have to make it any easier for them.
To add to this, seeing it in person does not tie it to your online persona. If you post pics here, you tie your online account to your car and to your personal info (name, address, phone number, email address, and even date of birth can be purchased online). Tying all this together now links posts where you might give certain details about your employment, any cryptocurrencies you might dabble in, etc.

With crypto becoming more and more popular, people are becoming victims of $5 wrench attacks, phishing, or my favorite, the phone sim swap which you are almost helpless against.

That said, try to keep as many barriers between your online persona and your real life as possible, even going so far as to have a separate dedicated email address for each forum or social media app. Up to you how much it matters to you.

MMENJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Wrangler 4xE, 23 Mach E GT-“Julius”
Country flag
Awe, don’t call me dumb. ;)

Honestly, I don’t think there is any harm in being “too” cautious. (I’m the director of cyber security at my company, so maybe it’s ingrained in me! 😂)
Not calling you dumb, just my opinion that blocking it out doesn’t make much sense.

LTC_HUGH

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, F150
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Such an amazing and meticulous wrap job by The Wrap Factory (WrapFactory.ca) in Ottawa, Ontario Canada.
Product: https://www.instawrapshop.ca/produc...y-vinyl-wrap-g336?_pos=1&_sid=a858451dd&_ss=r

Since there were a few questions about pricing, this is what I paid (Canadian dollars):

- Wrap price (material and labour): $2850+tx
- Ceramic coating: $650+tx

(not sure that the coating was necessary but, what the heck, “in for a dollar”…)
2CA88EC8-CC77-4F32-B6C9-BFDBAE91A74B.jpeg

E21D1849-C901-409E-8D8D-4CAF235690C6.jpeg

ECA30ACC-8B5F-4DFE-9466-016019A818FD.jpeg
Thats freaking beautiful

Rick65

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I don’t mind! $2850 CAD. I thought it was a great deal!
That is a good deal... In my area, I paid about US $1,500 for clear wrap the front of the car (hood, mirrors, front quarter panels, etc...) and another $2,500 for ceramic coating the rest of the car with XPEL products.