So I got rear ended last week :( Probably going to need a new rear fender. Anyone know how long I can expect for my dealer to get replacement parts in

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Thankfully, nobody was hurt and the damage is relatively minor (and I'm 0% at fault so his insurance is covering everything without me having to pay a deductible). But I'm almost certain the rear fender needs to be replaced and I know the supply chain has been slow. At least for a few other repair jobs I've seen on here. But it's been a bit since I've read a story on here about someone needing parts and I'm wondering if maybe the supply chain has caught up a bit?

Obviously nobody can give me definitive answers but I'm just curious if anyone else has needed to get parts recently and how it's been.

Also side note: the car took the rear ending like a champ. Yes, it wasn't the highest speed collision ever, but both my passenger and I are fine and the car turned out a lot better than I'd expect considering the way the hit felt.

Thanks all.
Sponsored

Grey Beast

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E California Route 1
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Country flag
Thankfully, nobody was hurt and the damage is relatively minor (and I'm 0% at fault so his insurance is covering everything without me having to pay a deductible). But I'm almost certain the rear fender needs to be replaced and I know the supply chain has been slow. At least for a few other repair jobs I've seen on here. But it's been a bit since I've read a story on here about someone needing parts and I'm wondering if maybe the supply chain has caught up a bit?

Obviously nobody can give me definitive answers but I'm just curious if anyone else has needed to get parts recently and how it's been.

Also side note: the car took the rear ending like a champ. Yes, it wasn't the highest speed collision ever, but both my passenger and I are fine and the car turned out a lot better than I'd expect considering the way the hit felt.

Thanks all.
I had something similar in April. Once the insurance claim was determined, it took about a week for the lower bumper to come in. Looks like new! Good luck on your repair!

1D1962AF-65B9-4EB9-A235-24617B623BF3.jpeg

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Ugh, I just wanted to say I am sorry this happened. 🤬🐩

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
I just went through a repair. Make sure you look at Diminished Value claims. Your car is now worth less money because it has been in an accident.

When my car was hit, I went on Vroom and got an offer for my car. I then went through Vroom again and got a second offer for my car using all the same info, except this time telling them it had been in an accident. The second offer was considerably less money. I showed both of those offers to the insurance company of the person that damaged my car and they cut me a check for the difference. No questions asked.

Last edited:

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I just went through a repair. Make sure you look at Diminished Value claims. Your car is now worth less money because it has been in an accident.

When my car was hit, I went on Vroom and got an offer for my car. I then went through Vroom again and got a second offer for my car using all the same info, except this time telling them it had been in an accident. The second offer was considerably less money. I showed both of those offers to the insurance company of the person that damaged my car and they cut me a check for the difference. No questions asked.
Wow, which insurance was it and how much did you get? Can't believe they just paid you without giving you any difficulties. Some insurance companies will outright deny it. I got 5.5K when my MME got rear ended. I had to get a formal appraisal report that states 8.6K in depreciated value. Geico's team did their own research and said they can only offer 5.5K. I took it. Do not want to hassle over it anymore. Took 3 months for the car repair, just want to move on at that point.

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Wow, which insurance was it and how much did you get? Can't believe they just paid you without giving you any difficulties. Some insurance companies will outright deny it. I got 5.5K when my MME got rear ended. I had to get a formal appraisal report that states 8.6K in depreciated value. Geico's team did their own research and said they can only offer 5.5K. I took it. Do not want to hassle over it anymore. Took 3 months for the car repair, just want to move on at that point.
I think it was called Main Street America. It was a business policy for a landscaper, as the car was hit by a lawnmower. I got close to your appraisal amount. I had the check about three days after I sent them the emails from Vroom. They were great to work with the entire time.

The parts we needed were all in stock. It just took a while to get time on my body shop’s calendar.

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I think it was called Main Street America. It was a business policy for a landscaper, as the car was hit by a lawnmower. I got close to your appraisal amount. I had the check about three days after I sent them the emails from Vroom. They were great to work with the entire time.

The parts we needed were all in stock. It just took a while to get time on my body shop’s calendar.
Ah, so it is not an auto insurance. That makes more sense. Since it is a lawnmower incident. Did you actually have an accident history on Carfax? Not all repairs go on record. Is the lower value Vroom offer based on the actual VIN?

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
I just got the car back from the body shop yesterday, so I don't know what's been, or will be, reported to Carfax.

The car was only three weeks old with 1000 miles when the incident happened. I went on Vroom and used my VIN, my mileage, and said it was in perfect condition (which it was just prior to the damage). Then I used all the same info except told Vroom it had been damaged and repaired. I showed the insurance company both email offers I got from Vroom and they agreed that this was a legitimate way to determine the diminished value.
Sponsored