So I joined the Mustang Club of America . . .

KT-PNW

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07’ Mustang, 65’ Mustang, YZF R3
Country flag
unfortunately that is probably truer than one would hope
While I don’t think we’ll get the same hate from the public as Tesla owners did when the model 3 launched, I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if my car got keyed in the first year.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
While I don’t think we’ll get the same hate from the public as Tesla owners did when the model 3 launched, I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if my car got keyed in the first year.
Watching some of the sentry videos from Teslas, you realize there are quite a few sickos out there, most of whom have no brains. I hold my breath getting into my S when it reports sentry alerts. Thankfully they’ve all been nothing more than people walking in close proximity to the car.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
So I joined the Mustang Club of America to get the X Plan pricing (I used to get A and Z when dad was still around), and because I thought it would be neat to join - and WOW. I would say 99% of the posts over there on their forums have absolutely NO love for the Mach E. And when I say no love, it is pretty much hatred.

I'm beginning to wonder if they find out that I have an order placed if I will be kicked out.

I have loved the Mustang since I was a kid. Life never made it practical for me to have a car that was not practical, so I have never owned one. The Mach E gives me the opportunity to do that, and I am enthusiastic that Ford is expanding the brand.

Whoever is the first guy or gal to show up at an MCA show with a Mach E though will probably not escape with their life.
I disagree...at a car show, in Sacramento, I went up to the Mustang Club booth, and they were excited to discuss it. They WILL allow Mach-E entries into the club, and wanted to feature it at a meeting.

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
OP
OP
jhalkias

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I disagree...at a car show, in Sacrament, I went up to the Mustang Club booth, and they were excited to discuss it. They WILL allow Mace-E entries into the club, and wanted to feature it at a meeting.
Maybe CA Mustang clubs have a different attitude.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
As someone that has been a Mustang fan for as long as I could be a fan of a car, and someone that owned a 95 GT Convertible (that I still miss at times)...

The Mustang II existed. Any time someone complains about the use of the name, just remind them of that.... all 89 HP of it for the entry level 1977 engine.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
So here's a quandary: at MCA events, folks park their cleaned and polished Mustangs with the hood up to show off the engine. How do we show off the motors of a Mach E?

Of course, we do have the advantage of popping open the frunk and having a bunch of iced beer at the ready :p

dsc-0165_1_orig.jpg

micstriit

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq electric, Renault Twizy
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
maybe something you should ask a hater like this. What do you think how a Mustang will be powered in 50 years from now, if they still exist then? with a internal combustion engine? I think that everyone is aware that Ice car have no long future anymore. ICE cars are at the end of their evolution and BEV at the beginning and already better in many categories. If Ford does not start the transition now, they will be history very soon. I personally believe if the MME is a flop. Ford is doomed and will not exist in 10 years from now. Assume that it will be possible to build a 500mile battery pack for let say 3000$ with much less weight than today. It is not the question if that will happen only when. when it happens ICE cars will be history.

Reactions: abr

Blitz118

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford Edge ST
Country flag
The attitude the ICE Mustang owners on the forums have shown toward the Mach-E, I would never attend one of those events. You can go if you want, but don't be surprised if your car gets keyed. I hope Ford has the sentry mode as an option for the Mach-E.

So here's a quandary: at MCA events, folks park their cleaned and polished Mustangs with the hood up to show off the engine. How do we show off the motors of a Mach E?

Of course, we do have the advantage of popping open the frunk and having a bunch of iced beer at the ready :p

Ford Mustang Mach-E So I joined the Mustang Club of America . . . dsc-0165_1_ori

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
So I joined the Mustang Club of America to get the X Plan pricing (I used to get A and Z when dad was still around), and because I thought it would be neat to join - and WOW. I would say 99% of the posts over there on their forums have absolutely NO love for the Mach E. And when I say no love, it is pretty much hatred.

I'm beginning to wonder if they find out that I have an order placed if I will be kicked out.

I have loved the Mustang since I was a kid. Life never made it practical for me to have a car that was not practical, so I have never owned one. The Mach E gives me the opportunity to do that, and I am enthusiastic that Ford is expanding the brand.

Whoever is the first guy or gal to show up at an MCA show with a Mach E though will probably not escape with their life.
So it means I cannot use the windows sticker they sent me on the Mach-e? :eek:

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
The attitude the ICE Mustang owners on the forums have shown toward the Mach-E, I would never attend one of those events. You can go if you want, but don't be surprised if your car gets keyed. I hope Ford has the sentry mode as an option for the Mach-E.
Forget sentry mode, you need a turret mode :)

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
So it means I cannot use the windows sticker they sent me on the Mach-e? :eek:
I'm in the Northern California area, and Mustang clubs HERE have a totally different attitude...they welcomed me with open arms. California is buying about 50% of all Mach-Es sold. We get it...but don't worry, your state will be dragged into the future eventually. A hint...talk up the MME's performance stats, and maybe take a couple of members for a test drive. They'll come around. Bring a small gyroscope or top, and a small can filled with nuts and bolts, to a meeting. Shake the can and spin the top to illustrate the difference between ICE and EVs.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
Those are the same people who LOST THEIR MINDS when Chevy released the mid-engine Corvette.

...Just wait until the electric Corvette comes out ?
Sponsored