So I picked up an Ioniq 5

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
While waiting for MME for the past 4 mos without any uodate i decided to check out Ioniq 5. Really like the good reviews and the cool design. Called around and every dealer had a markup 3 to 10k. I stumbled on Tustin hd who apparently prides itself on no ADM. I couldn't believe it. i figured they may put in some aftermarket fee. Nope.

The internet salesperson was a pleasure to deal with. He sold it to me while it was in transit. It came a week early and i was able to pick up today. The deal took less than an hour. Definitely the best car buying experience ever.

She's a beaut. Rides like a 528i i used to have. And not as bouncy as my rx350. Only gripe is power lift gate was not standard. Thats only in higher trims. I got the base SE AWD but it hauls. Pretty good efficiency too i was getting 4.1 mi/kwh on mixed city highway driving. Already had 2 people come up to me to ask about it.

Still waiting for my MME and will give it to my wife. Didn't plan on being an all EV household but here we are. Can't pass up good things when they get dropped in your lap.

20220219_184455.jpg
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Very nice!
Good score. Those seem like pretty neat vehicles. I hope you enjoy it.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Funny you should post this tonight, just saw one on interstate today and thought to myself what a good looking vehicle it is, enjoy!

OP
OP

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
Funny you should post this tonight, just saw one on interstate today and thought to myself what a good looking vehicle it is, enjoy!
I haven't seen any I5 on the road In SoCal yet. Seen at least 4 MMEs in the area. Teslas are a dime a dozen here. When I drove off the lot, I was sandwiched between two MYs. Hyundai will only make 5k I5 this year so that won't change.

Last edited:

Neutronbomb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4
I haven't seen any I5 on the road In SoCal yet. Seen at least 4 MMEs in the area. Teslas are a dime a dozen here. When I drove off the lot, I was sandwiched between two MYs. Hyundai will only make 5k I5 this year so that won't change.
I've seen one so far at an EA station in Ontario.

Side note... why are their no Cyber Grey Limiteds out there? Seems like 90% of them are Shooting Star.

OP
OP

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
I've seen one so far at an EA station in Ontario.

Side note... why are their no Cyber Grey Limiteds out there? Seems like 90% of them are Shooting Star.
Cyber gray is common on dealer lots. Limiteds are hard to find. There's either 1 or zero Limiteds. Maybe it's a chip shortage issue with that trim.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
While waiting for MME for the past 4 mos without any uodate i decided to check out Ioniq 5. Really like the good reviews and the cool design. Called around and every dealer had a markup 3 to 10k. I stumbled on Tustin hd who apparently prides itself on no ADM. I couldn't believe it. i figured they may put in some aftermarket fee. Nope.

The internet salesperson was a pleasure to deal with. He sold it to me while it was in transit. It came a week early and i was able to pick up today. The deal took less than an hour. Definitely the best car buying experience ever.

She's a beaut. Rides like a 528i i used to have. And not as bouncy as my rx350. Only gripe is power lift gate was not standard. Thats only in higher trims. I got the base SE AWD but it hauls. Pretty good efficiency too i was getting 4.1 mi/kwh on mixed city highway driving. Already had 2 people come up to me to ask about it.

Still waiting for my MME and will give it to my wife. Didn't plan on being an all EV household but here we are. Can't pass up good things when they get dropped in your lap.

Ford Mustang Mach-E So I picked up an Ioniq 5 20220219_184455
I definitely dig the Ioniq 5. Seeing them quite often in SF, primarily due to the Electrify America free charging, which my Polestar 2 also gets... Side note, the free charging for Polestar 2, ID4, Ioniq 5 and Etron are going to be a huge problem soon. I went from literally being the only car charging from March 2021 when we got my wife's Mach E, to having to wait to charge multiple times in 2022.

Anyway, My sister really wanted an Ioniq 5, but it was just barely out of her price range. I really wanted her to get it, to the point I loaned her the down payment (she'll pay me back in 2023 when she does her taxes and gets the credit). In fact I've debated trading in the Polestar 2 for one myself if I could get my hands on one with no ADM, since my Mach E reservation has no build date yet and I don't know when it might get one ?‍♂. The tech, space and design are all great to me. However today the breaks literally went out in my sister's I5 while she was driving and she had to get it towed to the dealer. Really scary situation for her. I'm hoping it's just a simple fix and it won't mess with her future enjoyment, cuz she really loves it so far in the three weeks she's had it.

Seems all new cars have issues these days to the more sophisticated nature, so I'm just chalking it up to the price of doing business... Especially after reading these boards for over a year lol

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Anyone notice how the back window "wiper" works... Really interested in seeing how effective that is.

Jimct

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Kona EV, Mustang Mach e ordered 4/8/21
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks for posting. How would you rate the back seat space? I have a Kona EV which is basically a 2-seater and need a car suitable for carrying 2 couples, one of the reasons I ordered a MME almost a year ago (about to give up on that). I'm seriously considering the I5 but haven't been able to test drive yet.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Anyone notice how the back window "wiper" works... Really interested in seeing how effective that is.
How does it work?

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
How does it work?
It doesn't have one... It uses the aerodynamics of the car to force air down onto the glass to clear any water....

I dunno, sounds like a horrible idea to me, but I'm not a car engineer... /shrug

Nklem

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Solterra
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Thanks for posting. How would you rate the back seat space? I have a Kona EV which is basically a 2-seater and need a car suitable for carrying 2 couples, one of the reasons I ordered a MME almost a year ago (about to give up on that). I'm seriously considering the I5 but haven't been able to test drive yet.
The back seat space is very good. The seat slides as well as the back reclines.

bristol16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE, '15 SS
Country flag
It doesn't have one... It uses the aerodynamics of the car to force air down onto the glass to clear any water....

I dunno, sounds like a horrible idea to me, but I'm not a car engineer... /shrug
It worked like that on my old Evo IX and that even had a rear wiper. I'd use the rear wiper when the car was stationary if needed, but as soon as it got going no water ever landed on the back glass, even with it at a rake in a sedan and not as upright as it would be in the Ioniq. I chalked it up to the designed aero sending airflow through the vortex generators on the roof and towards the large rear wing but it always kept the back glass dry.
Sponsored