So, I received the second update, and I gotta say, I’m not thrilled…

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I noticed yesterday that my drivers window (and ONLY my drivers window) no longer can be closed with one touch on the window switch. I didn’t think much of it until the behavior continued today. I went to the shitshow that is FordPass, and wouldn’t you know it, “Update Successful- Check What’s New”. Somehow, I don’t see this as an enhancement of the quality,capability, and convenience of my vehicle.

anyway, is anyone else experiencing this particular enhancement after update 2?
Sponsored

NewRadiant

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20201 Mach W
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I noticed this too! Started yesterday, got the ota notification last night. I was so confused! Hopefully this particular "feature" is remedied quickly

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
I'll check later, but it's there a setting that can be changed to allow this? Did the update but make this a configuration option that wasn't there before?

crazyfool54

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E FE GB
Country flag
I thought I was going crazy when this happened to me! I actually had this happen a couple weeks ago but only for a few days. It eventually fixed itself. I got the second update this morning so mine was not related to this update.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I had this problem a while back. Not sure if it was related to the update though.
There is a procedure in the manual to re-train the windows. Normally required when 12v power has been disconnected for a batter change etc.

Give that a try.
Sorry, I don't have a handy link at the moment...

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I had this problem a while back. Not sure if it was related to the update though.
There is a procedure in the manual to re-train the windows. Normally required when 12v power has been disconnected for a batter change etc.

Give that a try.
Sorry, I don't have a handy link at the moment...
I will definitely get into that. Thanks for the suggestion.

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I'll check later, but it's there a setting that can be changed to allow this? Did the update but make this a configuration option that wasn't there before?
I’m sure that this is a possible explanation, but I find it odd that the other 3 windows would be unaffected. I did try all 4 windows before posting this thread.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I’m sure that this is a possible explanation, but I find it odd that the other 3 windows would be unaffected. I did try all 4 windows before posting this thread.
My car was delivered with both OTA done. No issues with the windows.

Page 105 of the manual has the resetting the one-touch close procedures:

Ford Mustang Mach-E So, I received the second update, and I gotta say, I’m not thrilled… 1620836393417

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah it is odd, but not based on the helpful info from the manual, I'm thinking this might just happen from time to time (at least often enough to put a resetting procedure in the manual).

Seems unrelated to the OTA other than potentially a setting might have had a knock on effect of disrupting the window control.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
The weatherstripping or flocking for each door window seal is never as "sticky" or "slippery" for every window, and there is no "window position sensor", so the system looks at the window motor force to determine when to "stop trying to close the window". The friction needed to move the glass up and down may have changed from "default" on that one window. Maybe you use that window the most. Normally, you inadvertently calibrate this away all the time without knowing it by holding the window button just a few seconds longer than needed to fully close or open the window. The update might have reset all the calibration update values. If the window seal is a little "stickier" now, the system default might interpret this increased friction as "the window is closed now". The calibration procedure should fix it.

MachE1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Tesla Model 3/ 2020 Mazda Miata Club
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This happened to me a week or so ago. I don't remember if it coincided with an OTA update. However you can fix it using the procedure that was linked above.
Great thing about EV's just reset everything! This happens with other EV's also.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
Yep. Got the two OTA here too. After each one, I had issues with both PaaK and Carplay. I had to reset the connections by removing and reading the phone. I hope that does not become the new norm. That way PaaK will never be reliable.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The weatherstripping or flocking for each door window seal is never as "sticky" or "slippery" for every window, and there is no "window position sensor", so the system looks at the window motor force to determine when to "stop trying to close the window". The friction needed to move the glass up and down may have changed from "default" on that one window. Maybe you use that window the most. Normally, you inadvertently calibrate this away all the time without knowing it by holding the window button just a few seconds longer than needed to fully close or open the window. The update might have reset all the calibration update values. If the window seal is a little "stickier" now, the system default might interpret this increased friction as "the window is closed now". The calibration procedure should fix it.
This answer is far too reasonable and well explained for the internet!

Just kidding, thanks for the detailed explanation!

OP
OP
JoeDimwit

JoeDimwit

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
I reset the One-touch closing on the affected window, that has solved the issue for me.

thank you SnBGC for the suggestion, and thank you Kamuelaflyer for digging that procedure up out of the manual while I was still at work.

Joe
Sponsored