So I've ordered, now what?

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium, SR, RWD, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I put my my MME order in last month but when I read read here about various post-order interactions with dealers, it makes me wonder if maybe I shouldn't be doing something. (I don't know what, but...something.) Here's where things stand.

I e-mailed the dealer to see if: 1) my deposit was refundable (yes), 2) is there any ADM (no) and 3) do they take X-Plan (yes). I then put my order in on Feb 22 and the dealer accepted it. I have an X-Plan pin, but I haven't provided that to the dealer. (Although I signed up for MCA many months ago, I don't think I ever got a card--is that really necessary?)

Am I all set for now or is there anything else I need to be doing?
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I put my my MME order in last month but when I read read here about various post-order interactions with dealers, it makes me wonder if maybe I shouldn't be doing something. (I don't know what, but...something.) Here's where things stand.

I e-mailed the dealer to see if: 1) my deposit was refundable (yes), 2) is there any ADM (no) and 3) do they take X-Plan (yes). I then put my order in on Feb 22 and the dealer accepted it. I have an X-Plan pin, but I haven't provided that to the dealer. (Although I signed up for MCA many months ago, I don't think I ever got a card--is that really necessary?)

Congratulations!

1. Twiddle thumbs
2. Read this Forum religeously
3. Avoid fixating on the wait for your car.

I can tell you most Forum members failed miserably on #3, so #2 was a big help.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag

Congrats, but for sure ask MCA for your card. My dealer copied mine when doing the deal with the xplan.

OP
OP

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks all and I thought that was the case, but I didn't want to do some stupid blunder and find out that the clock never started ticking on my order. Sounds like I should be using my (whatever) lead time to get an MCA membership card.

As to fixating on the wait for the MME, my i3 lease expires on Sept 1 (assuming BMW grants me their typical 2-month extension), so I'm sure I'll be obsessing over the timing of delivery by late summer...

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Next steps....
- Start searching Ford inventory for the MME you want, available now on the lot as a cancelled order. Sites like Autotrader also often work.
- Call dealerships to find one that actually has the car and will take xplan. Get it confirmed in writing.
- Travel to dealer and buy MME.
- Cancel your original order.
- Enjoy your car at least 4-6 months earlier.

OP
OP

Mickey the T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Next steps....
- Start searching Ford inventory for the MME you want, available now on the lot as a cancelled order. Sites like Autotrader also often work.
- Call dealerships to find one that actually has the car and will take xplan. Get it confirmed in writing.
- Travel to dealer and buy MME.
- Cancel your original order.
- Enjoy your car at least 4-6 months earlier.
Well, I'll probably start doing that, but not until I get closer to my current lease expiring. That's July 1 and I (presumably) have the option to extend it until Sept 1. Although my i3 lease is only $176/mo, so it wouldn't be the end of the world to have the MME sharing the garage with the i3 for a few months.