So long, it's been fun.

theblueone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi e-tron
Country flag
I reserved my First Edition on launch day, November 18th 2019. After some production delays, it was built on December 5, 2020. Since then it has been in transit, recalled, in transit again, missing in transit, held without explanation, and now possibly recalled again, as expected delivery dates have come and gone. During this period I have heard next to nothing from Ford Corporate, and next to nothing from my dealer (who I have felt pretty bitter towards, but they have probably been equally in the dark).

Earlier this week, while my car sat in an unspecified hold 30 miles away as the most recent delivery window disappeared in the rearview mirror and a major road trip loomed ahead, my fiancée and I scheduled an e-tron test drive. We had a frank discussion about the differences and features that might make up for the $15,000 price gap, and determined that our purchase was still Ford's to lose.

Today we drove the e-tron (premium plus trim), and were impressed by the quality, features, and comfort. The dealer was able to offer us fantastic pre-tax incentives for a car that was on the lot and available to drive home on the spot. (One of seven premium plus trims on the lot, with more of other variants.)

Tomorrow, I will be driving home my new 2021 e-tron premium plus for a lower out-of-pocket cost than the MME GT. The only reason I'm waiting that long is because this was a fact-finding mission and I didn't bring a checkbook.

If anyone in the SF Bay Area is looking for a Grabber Blue First Edition, Towne Ford in Redwood City should have one available soon... or if the unexplained week-and-counting delay is any indication, it may be part of the latest recall. If anyone is looking for a fantastic, straightforward, and surprisingly cost-competitive experience exploring the Audi e-tron, definitely talk to Drew Michaels at Audi Palo Alto.

As I said, our purchase was Ford's to lose, and given the ongoing delays, recalls, and general opacity, they lost it. I hope everyone who is sticking with this has a better experience than we did.
Sponsored

wareagle1440

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Mini Countryman & 2021 Mach E Ex.R. AWD
Occupation
Civil Plaintiff's Attorney
Country flag
My wait hasn’t been quite as long as yours, but I feel the exact same way.

Today I put a deposit down on a Polestar 2. Within 2 hours of paying my deposit I had and email from my sales rep at polestar with contact information and I had a 20 minute phone call with her and every one of my questions was answered. The process was made clear. It was clean and simple.

After finding out that my MME is still in Mexico, it’s likely I’m moving on as my MME will never make it to Denver in the remaining 20 days in my current window. I’ve been very grateful for everyone in this forums help. I’m just sorry I probably won’t be owning an MME. I just can’t stand the way Ford has handled itself communication wise. Issues are to be expected, but this poor of communication is inexcusable.

MrRossKeys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E First Edition
Country flag
Something so good (product, vehicle) marred by something so simply important (service). Hopefully Ford figures it out quick and in a hurry. They won’t have the “hit” on their hands they so desire if they keep leaving their customers out of the process.

Congrats on finding a car you could take home today that checked as many boxes as the MME! I’ve been really excited since purchasing my Mach E a couple weeks ago and can only imagine how driving the e-tron will feel once you take delivery!

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I reserved my First Edition on launch day, November 18th 2019. After some production delays, it was built on December 5, 2020. Since then it has been in transit, recalled, in transit again, missing in transit, held without explanation, and now possibly recalled again, as expected delivery dates have come and gone. During this period I have heard next to nothing from Ford Corporate, and next to nothing from my dealer (who I have felt pretty bitter towards, but they have probably been equally in the dark).

Earlier this week, while my car sat in an unspecified hold 30 miles away as the most recent delivery window disappeared in the rearview mirror and a major road trip loomed ahead, my fiancée and I scheduled an e-tron test drive. We had a frank discussion about the differences and features that might make up for the $15,000 price gap, and determined that our purchase was still Ford's to lose.

Today we drove the e-tron (premium plus trim), and were impressed by the quality, features, and comfort. The dealer was able to offer us fantastic pre-tax incentives for a car that was on the lot and available to drive home on the spot. (One of seven premium plus trims on the lot, with more of other variants.)

Tomorrow, I will be driving home my new 2021 e-tron premium plus for a lower out-of-pocket cost than the MME GT. The only reason I'm waiting that long is because this was a fact-finding mission and I didn't bring a checkbook.

If anyone in the SF Bay Area is looking for a Grabber Blue First Edition, Towne Ford in Redwood City should have one available soon... or if the unexplained week-and-counting delay is any indication, it may be part of the latest recall. If anyone is looking for a fantastic, straightforward, and surprisingly cost-competitive experience exploring the Audi e-tron, definitely talk to Drew Michaels at Audi Palo Alto.

As I said, our purchase was Ford's to lose, and given the ongoing delays, recalls, and general opacity, they lost it. I hope everyone who is sticking with this has a better experience than we did.
Bummed to hear that, but I understand. And the sad part is that neither Ford nor the dealer ultimately will learn from this, since they'll just turn around and sell the car to someone else with a markup, probably.
Congrats on your E-Tron! You don't need to leave the forum. Stick around and tell us about it in a new thread...

VegStang

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo C40 Recharge, 2021 MME
Occupation
Artist, animal rights activist
Country flag
Congrats on your car, understandable decision, we all make what we think is best. Good luck with the Audi, if they had a different interior available I might be giving them a look myself.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Sorry to hear about how much of your time these people Ford had the arrogance to waste.

I believe they are compensating some customers with KWH worth 75 dollars? That's another insult!

Had I known they were taking us on such an unprofessional experience of comical lack of communications I would have waited another year to get next years model or gone elsewhere.

They, whoever they are, are an ignorant bunch of unprofessional clowns. The ones who didn't look after you at Ford.

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Congratulations on the e-Tron!

What's happening with Ford's lack of transparency is unacceptable. It's becoming clear from reading posts here that if you escalate to executives (no offense meant at those who did), you'll get white-glove service and Ford will go out of their way to make things right.

If you don't have an "in" though... good luck.

That tells me that the culture at the top is great, and customer-focused. But that does not extend outside of the Glass House top floors down to the working level in the field, and it ABSOLUTELY does not extend to the dealers.

Nobody should have to tweet/email/send smoke signals to Jim Farley to get an answer on where their car is, or get him to apologize for a dealer scamming them.

Last edited:

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag

My wait hasn’t been quite as long as yours, but I feel the exact same way.

Today I put a deposit down on a Polestar 2. Within 2 hours of paying my deposit I had and email from my sales rep at polestar with contact information and I had a 20 minute phone call with her and every one of my questions was answered. The process was made clear. It was clean and simple.

After finding out that my MME is still in Mexico, it’s likely I’m moving on as my MME will never make it to Denver in the remaining 20 days in my current window. I’ve been very grateful for everyone in this forums help. I’m just sorry I probably won’t be owning an MME. I just can’t stand the way Ford has handled itself communication wise. Issues are to be expected, but this poor of communication is inexcusable.
We understand. FWIW- my experience with VW (and even Chevy) has been much better than my experience with Ford. The Mach-E is a great vehicle, but the culture of the company that makes it- that's another story.

What's happening with Ford's lack of transparency is unacceptable. It's becoming clear from reading posts here that if you escalate to executives (no offense meant at those who did), you'll get white-glove service and Ford will go out of their way to make things right.

That tells me that the culture at the top is great, and customer-focused. But that does not extend outside of the Glass House top floors down to the working level in the field, and it ABSOLUTELY does not extend to the dealers.

Nobody should have to tweet/email/send smoke signals to Jim Farley to get an answer on where their car is, or get him to apologize for a dealer scamming them.
I really hate that y'all have had bad experiences, I really encourage you to reach out to Ford and let them know why you're going elsewhere. I called the customer service number and emailed the execs (their emails are in my post bragging about Ford) and was pleasantly surprised to hear back from them.

I'm no insider, I don't have any previous connection to Ford. But the only way for them to know the system is broken is to actually hear from real people. If you look at my post history, I was very critical of the vehicle tracking process and found it ridiculous that I could track a pizza delivery much simpler than my $60k car.

It shouldn't be this difficult to get transparency from Ford, but if enough people tell them they've taken their business elsewhere because of it they'll have to make changes. I really hope you all enjoy your new purchases as much as I'm enjoying my MME, and will reach out to Ford for the good of everyone else still waiting on this board.

Mark IV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus, Escape, 289 Cobra, GT40, Caterham, Excursion
Occupation
Specialty Car Dealer
Country flag

Having worked with Ford on a dealer level I agree that communication is not their high point. Frankly, since Mullaly retired it has gone downhill. He demanded that emails/calls be replied to on a timely basis. During the Hackett regime I emailed a brand manager with a question in April 2018.......I got a nice reply in June! Because email has effectively "caller I.D." the recipient can decide that the sender is not important enough or more likely not above them and therefor no risk to the receiver's position. And don't get me started on voicemail! We discovered that the voicemail system in the dealership only holds 99 messages per extension because one manager would NEVER check voicemail. And he was the guy who was supposed to interacting with customers who had an issue. How about that, let's take someone who may have a concern and ignore the message they left. How do you think THAT survey is going to turn out?

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
Congratulations on your new car. The e-Tron is our second choice as well. We drove one on President's Day and found it rode nice and my wife liked it overall. Also, the interior and tech is pretty sweet in that car.

We definitely prefer the styling of the Mach E better and we think the rear seat has a little more room than the e-Tron. The Audi guy has been texting me about all of the incentives Audi has going for March, which makes it more compelling.

That said, I continue to have hope that our car will be here soon even though our dealer can't tell us where it is. Trying to stay patient, which will get more difficult every day past March 8th.

Last edited:

mcyee1

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Legacy
Country flag

FYI, I have been in the same situation as you - my GB FE stuck in Richmond. However, was just notified last night that it is now at Towne and I will be test drIrving later today. Sounds like you made a great choice though so hope it all works out!
Sponsored