So many issues with Mach-E? A bit disappointed!

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
This is a false equivalency for several reasons. One is that Tesla has been saying they'll get it fixed for ten years. Still hasn't happened. Two is that an issue with a 12v battery is not the same as water leaks , door handles falling off, and rocker arms failing.
Actually, I would say they are more the same than different, and possibly more serious for Ford because of so early failing to start on several vehicles already. Anything that leaves you stranded is serious and deserves to be lumped together for comparison between Ford and Tesla. All expectations is that Ford will resolve issues quicker than Tesla, and that is what matters... but that will not be proven either way for many years, especially for failures that don't show significant issues for many years like rocker arms.

Objectively, it's too soon to say. I am sure Tesla was very eager to resolve their 1st gen roadster customers, etc... Ford doesn't have that great of a record for some of their past vehicles, although generally it's been better than Tesla's.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
It's a weird metaphor!

I mean, I'm from Florida and still think it's a weird metaphor!

Who would walk up to their waist in an alligator infested pond/basin/lake/swamp/anything-at-all?

Please don't say Florida Man. :p
Alabama?

EVS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
spark EV.
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Just curious. Are people in moderate weather as in California also having the 12V battery issue?
Or is it only happening in the regions hit by the Arctic cold front?

Battery power being reduced due to extreme cold is quite common. I haven't read all 15 pages. Has Ford said anything on when it will resolve the 12V battery draining issue?

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
FWIW: I was adjusting the brightness control on the 10" today, noting the change in the pitch of the noise again. At the 3/4 level, I could no longer hear it. Above and below 3/4 it's quite obvious in an otherwise silent car.

Last edited:

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
FWIW in re WiFi connectivity. I finally connected today on a tip from CSR Emiliano at eero.
My home is running FiOS with an eero mesh system, 2.4 and 5.0 Ghz bonded to a single SSID. It's been up for a couple years with dozens of devices online with no issues. MME would accept valid password, but could not connect. (MME connected fine at local Starbucks parking lot.) Tried separating bands which did not work. Emiliano noted I was using an SSID with a special character, a hyphen, and had me set up a clean guest account w/o special characters, and...BINGO! :)

Last edited:

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
how much testing if any was done in extremely low temperatures for the mach-e ?

or is the question - how low was the temp for the mach-e during testing with low temps?

Ajpeo3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT Performance Edition Cyber Orange
Country flag
My life and I went to Ford last night and sat in two different Mach-Es a select and a first edition. We had to sit completely still and hold our breath to hear the sound I'm 53 she is 45. To us it was just fan noise and there's no way you would hear the sound of the car was driving. No way this is a deal breaker for us. So that's one problem off the list lol .

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My life and I went to Ford last night and sat in two different Mach-Es a select and a first edition. We had to sit completely still and hold our breath to hear the sound I'm 53 she is 45. To us it was just fan noise and there's no way you would hear the sound of the car was driving. No way this is a deal breaker for us. So that's one problem off the list lol .
Agreed, its not a problem for everyone but many if not all MME’s have some level of high pitched noise coming from the driver display. Personally I can’t hear it unless it’s totally silent and my ear is closer to the source. As soon as I’m in drive, radio, hvac, window open, passenger etc, it’s near impossible for me to hear it. I suspect it’s going to take a revision of the actual hardware and not something actually defective where asking the dealer to replace it will solve it. Unless Ford already made a revision and we don’t know about it.

Keithl

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
Tesla has been doing this how long and still has a bunch of build quality and quirks so considering Ford really just did this for first time on a ground up new EV platform I believe that is the price for being an early adopter. That said I trust Ford more than Tesla at acknowledging and resolving the issues vs. knew jerk updates from Elon. Also not a fan of Tesla’s price of the week for certain colors and options.

Reactions: EVS

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Absolutely Ford employees are monitoring and sometimes posting on this site. If you pay attention, you know who some of them are. Others are less overt, but there is absolutely a great deal of focus on the success of the Mach E, and getting the pulse of customers.

To paraphrase the famous axiom: "No plan survives first contact with the customers".

This stuff will get figured out and fixed, and you can bet lots of Ford engineers are very busy right now.
Good to hear it will be fixed. Love this vehicle but have just one small glitch. Power everything when it is plugged in then over time think about savings me on my utility bill would work for me. The boys that came out to get her all loved it. Tried to tell them how you have complete control of your speed going down a steep snow packed incline in 1 pedal (the traction is unreal) .............. ya but its fast right. It has a passing presence. That from truck country. Get that GT out and there may be someone who will out do me. Love the torque climbing hills it is effortless.

Would not want to be in the project engineers shoes right now. If a project is a compete success management smiles and take all the credit and the rewards. If the project has a problem the engineers messed up. I have faith that they are working on it ;).
Seen that a few times already. Charging is my small glitch and may be a 12v now also? Just slowly wither's and dies parked and plugged in; twice after sitting for a day or two. Many come to complain on forums but that is not the case here. These are older enthusiastic forum members so probability may dictate it is not just them. As for those coming on to tell us you have no probs ? thanks that helps. So no probs in LA. Just one glitch for me but it is too big to ignore. Needs to be able to sit around and do nothing.
Reports of things like panoramic roof noise and whine noises are just a confluence of people not being familiar with BEV noise (noises are more pronounced) and a hyper vigilant state which comes with owning a new vehicle.
I hear a whine but that is the motors. There is no propulsion sound required it has its own sound. Was starting to love that sound. vvvvvvvVVVVVV gone. Not as loud as 7 motors or Harleys but it is there. No whining about that whine.