So this happened... loud horn sound inside car

Weapon X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach E AWD ER
Country flag
Finished shopping yesterday, remote started the car and headed over. Got in the car, closed the door and hit start. The horn went off INSIDE the car. It was unbelievably loud. I started smashing every button I could and the horn stopped after about 10 seconds.

I'm not sure that anything I did stopped it. The speakers didn't work for a minute or so afterwards. No radio or streaming. Eventually, there was a popping sound and things have been fine since, other than this BANGING headache from the horn.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
I didn't have the horn issue, but several days ago there was a loud pop on the speaker and couldn't get the radio to work and also a light clicking anytime the dash changed (ie: speed). Tried changing stations, no normal sounds, etc... Finally tried an AM station, and it was staticky (I think more than normal, but are talking AM) but at least something other than popping, and then could switch back to FM.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
That's the Sister Mary Elephant wakeup feature.

OMG, I haven't heard.. even thought about that in decades. Thanks for the 70's flashback.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
First concert I went to. I think I was mid teens. Opening act was some guy with an arrow on his head and crazy feet... #SteveMartin My mother let my sister come with me, she was way too young to be there. They did a skit with a line "you know what I want you to do now, and it ain't praying", and my sister questioned my mother afterwards as to what it meant.

Jimbo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium 4X
Country flag
Intrusion detection/anti-theft alarm mistriggering?

Star

First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang Mach E, Acura TL, Ford F-150
Occupation
medical sonographer
Country flag
I didn't have the horn issue, but several days ago there was a loud pop on the speaker and couldn't get the radio to work and also a light clicking anytime the dash changed (ie: speed). Tried changing stations, no normal sounds, etc... Finally tried an AM station, and it was staticky (I think more than normal, but are talking AM) but at least something other than popping, and then could switch back to FM.
I had a similar issue this past Monday. I got into my car after work, and a very loud crack sound. I thought someone threw something at my car. I turned the radio dial, with each turn crackling noise. I turned off the radio, and back on , same thing. I shut the car off and back on, same thing. Finally I went from XM radio to FM radio, static on FM but no cracking sounds. I went back to XM, my car was back to normal. It has been fine since.

Crilly

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Livewire prius prime Mach e. In 3 weeks if it was built yesterday
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It was a trumpet sound cAused by the fans and a slight crack of a window. Had it happen yesterday.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Finished shopping yesterday, remote started the car and headed over. Got in the car, closed the door and hit start. The horn went off INSIDE the car. It was unbelievably loud. I started smashing every button I could and the horn stopped after about 10 seconds.

I'm not sure that anything I did stopped it. The speakers didn't work for a minute or so afterwards. No radio or streaming. Eventually, there was a popping sound and things have been fine since, other than this BANGING headache from the horn.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

Cjpayne

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Ford Mach E GT. 69 Mustang Convertible, 15 MKX
Occupation
General Manager in manufacturing
Country flag
I just had the same exact issue for the first time. A very loud pop through the speakers. Then nohting but crackling through the speakers. I was using Sirius. Switched to a FM station and it played normally. Went back to Sirius and it played normally. The sound was very loud. I thought something had hit the car! Very disconcerting.

UPDATE: After messaging Ford yesterday they replied several times clarifying the issue. They assigned me a case number. Today I received a call from Ford asking some additional questions. They also asked if I wanted to schedule a service call. I told them that my 10,000 mile service would be here soon and I was fine waiting until then, but if it occurs again I would prefer to take it in. I am very satisfied with Ford's response so far and hope it does not happen again.
Sponsored

Last edited: