So when is Blue Cruise not Blue Cruise?

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
So finally got my car in to the dealer, they had it Fri-today. Updated everything, and still hands on only, not true hands free bluecruise. They escalated a couple times with Ford engineering, they gave me the car back in the meantime while they try to figure out what to try next.

My Sync is still on revision 279, and I thought the recent updates for bluecruise brought it up to at least 364, so dunno if something is not really updating correctly in the car or what.
I really think that I don't want hands-free anymore.
Sponsored

Ben C

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
I’m starting to feel that way too. My car has been at the dealer for weeks now with no solution in sight. Ford engineers are “investigating” to come up with a solution. I’m giving them til Friday and then getting my car back either way. Didn’t buy it to have it sit at the dealer while Ford engineers try to figure it out.

Deleted member 3569

I didn't do anything other than press the Cruise Control button after getting OTA v.2.8.2 .... The issue is when a highway is not "mapped" as BlueCruise highway then it simply reverts back to Intelligent cruise. FL408 is a restricted access toll highway and it is not mapped as BlueCruise ready highway but it worked. I also drive on another highway FL429 and it worked .... then I drove on World Drive, this is the main access highway to Disney World, I got on from Irlo Bronson all the way to about Epcot exit and then it reverted back to "Intelligent Cruise".

Here is the snapshot of my display:

Ford Mustang Mach-E So when is Blue Cruise not Blue Cruise? bCrz(2)

alexgorod

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Job 2 MME Premium SR AWD (21 CR-V - wife's)
Occupation
DBA
Country flag
I've got 2.8.2 OTA today and it enabled Hands-Free. Tested it in a short drive, seems to be working to my expectations!
Ford Mustang Mach-E So when is Blue Cruise not Blue Cruise? 1653269872896

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I just picked up my car last week and I have the same problem with BlueCruise as everyone else on this forum does. The only fix I have seen in searching various forums is from the post just in front of mine. Lets hope that is the fix!

Progress

First Name
Rufus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Red MME GTPE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I just picked up my car last week and I have the same problem with BlueCruise as everyone else on this forum does. The only fix I have seen in searching various forums is from the post just in front of mine. Lets hope that is the fix!
I got an OTA update from Ford this morning that said they just successfully added 130,000 miles of mapped highways for BlueCruise! Now the blue bubble surrounds the icon on the screen and hands free driving is enabled! I don't know the number of this update, but it solved my problem.

PonyJuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium Trim, Extended Range
Country flag
I spoke to Ford Pass folks again and they said I have to take my car to the dealership for the update to allow for full Hands-free driving and that it would be over the air.

Dealership seems clueless but I’m making an appt for them to manually run updates I guess…

Does anyone that has successfully received the update for hands free BC have any advice on what exactly to tell dealership?

OP
OP

epmd

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD Ex
Country flag
SUCCESS UPDATE!!!!

So with the advice of "a little birdie" I removed my Mach-e from the ford pass app and then added it back. That did the trick. The birdie had suggested that Ford had some back end server stuff that was fixed recently and that seems to have made the difference.

Keep in mind I have a 2021 Premium that was built in December of 2021 (Build 2).

Now to see if I can get @Ford Motor Company to give me the four lost months of subscription back through an extension.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
So with the advice of "a little birdie" I removed my Mach-e from the ford pass app and then added it back. That did the trick. The birdie had suggested that Ford had some back end server stuff that was fixed recently and that seems to have made the difference.
@PonyJuice give this a try

GuliblGuy

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black 2021 Premium 4X Mach E
Country flag
Same!
SUCCESS UPDATE!!!!

Keep in mind I have a 2021 Premium that was built in December of 2021 (Build 2).

Now to see if I can get @Ford Motor Company to give me the four lost months of subscription back through an extension.

PonyJuice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE Premium Trim, Extended Range
Country flag
I tried that and still nothing! I was excited when I saw the Blue Cruise notification in the ford pass app but it still isn’t hands free.

Also, see attached pic of my Sync Settings— still doesn’t have an expiration date Re: hands free. Just says “—“

Maybe a miracle update will push through soon. Will keep you posted.

Thanks all!

Ford Mustang Mach-E So when is Blue Cruise not Blue Cruise? 5ACA08AF-5138-43BE-8C57-5C33EBCA94C3

Last edited:

Deleted member 4669

So I am assuming i am in BC purgatory as well. I got the 2.8.2 update. It said blue cruise was good to go. Got an alert in the ford pass app saying my year of blue cruise is active but I dont see hands free option in
Ford Mustang Mach-E So when is Blue Cruise not Blue Cruise? 8DEBAC5B-7722-416A-AD6B-FA4FE35573B8
Ford Mustang Mach-E So when is Blue Cruise not Blue Cruise? A9DD50A9-BBDA-4042-84E2-E74E85405A90
Ford Mustang Mach-E So when is Blue Cruise not Blue Cruise? C5CCF2AC-37FD-4CB0-8F28-0B3A2C60DFE4
settings, dont see the item list in general settings and when blue cruise is on its a white back ground not blue. Very disappointing after all the delays.

71C1029D-A32E-48C0-A4BA-63AC3CA56C43.jpeg