breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I'm starting this new thread because I haven't seen some of these bugs I have found out that other people have listed. I've only had my car 3 days but have already driven it 330 miles. I'm curious if anyone else can re-create these or has noticed them. I of course do have some of the same issues - IPC buzz, the app sucks, PAAK sometimes doesn't work, etc. However there are a few things I found that were not listed.

Forewarning this is a decently long and detailed list of even the smallest bug I've noticed. It is possible some of these are by design and I just don't like the design.

Traction control - if you turn it off, then switch drive modes it automatically turns it back on. Ok, fine...but now you can't turn it off again until a key cycle. It just stays on. Not really a big deal it is just really weird. The little slider will turn "off" but stays lit up blue and does not appear off in IPC.

Rear auto brake disabled warning - if you leave the car in drive and a passenger opens the door it will ding a bunch and say the rear auto braking is disabled. It isn't like a little notification its an error message like the system is broken. I use 1 pedal drive, not sure if it would do it in normal mode.

1 pedal drive not available - if you switch from reverse to drive while you're still moving at a decent speed it freaks out and turns off 1 pedal driving. In a car with a regular transmission I wouldn't do this but this doesn't hurt anything on an electric car and I've used it as a method to change direction while reversing in my previous electric vehicles.

Remote start causing guest profile - if I remote start the car, about half of the time it will load the guest profile. I can change back to my profile. What an odd and annoying bug. Also going in hand with this is easy entry doesn't always scoot the seat back up. I have no idea why it won't but it just won't. Hitting the "1" memory button I have assigned moves the seat back into position.

Profile changes not always saving - I cannot get it to save touchscreen beep to off. Every time I restart the car it is back on. I also couldn't get it to save drive mode ambient light changing and some other features at first. Then after the 10th time It finally did. There were a few other things like this but not everything did it.

Backup camera glitching - I've had it happen twice now where you start backing up and the camera just glitches out and stutters really bad. It seems to always have a small stutter (honestly unacceptable), but sometimes it is just so bad it is nearly unusable.

No radio song displaying - this isn't a bug, but its an omitted feature. They need to tell you at a minimum what the radio station you're on is, or what the song is playing all the time. If you get the radio off the screen then you have no idea without going back into radio. Having it show up in the IPC too would be nice.

No trunk button - not a bug again, but why the heck did they not put a physical trunk button. If you do what Tesla does and leave the screen on even after a door is opened and show the trunk controls on the screen when a door is opened then its fine. In the MME the screen turns off and you have to use the key fob, app, or manually press the button (or kick)...or you can turn the car back on. This is so stupid and one of my biggest gripes of this car. Give me a physical button! Screw the max defrost.

Audio won't turn off when in CarPlay - If you have CarPlay playing music (I was using Spotify) it will not power off. You hit the power button and it turns off for a few seconds then powers back up. It seems that sync is not pausing the music on power off so then the music keeps playing and sync powers back up thinking you hit play again.

CarPlay pops up with notifications - I don't think this is a bug, but a feature I don't like. I don't need it to switch back to CarPlay when I get a notification on my phone. Just let me stay on the screen I want to stay on.

SiriusXM weird bug - so day 1 I got the car and SiriusXM worked fine. Just like my 2020 F350 and 2020 Escape Hybrid...when I bought them it just worked. Day 2 rolls around and it just says "acquiring signal..." yet it was playing the default Sirius subscription channel. This made no sense. I figured it was another radio bug. Next day I start driving and it pops up asking if I want to start my trial. I was so confused but hit yes and now SiriusXM is working. Why can't they just make it simple like my other Ford's and have it just work right out the door for 3/6 months however long they provide.

Accidental Unplug notification - I know I unplugged the car. Stop telling me I unplugged it. I charge at work for free so I don't charge much at home. Just as much as I need to. Also going hand in hand with this they need a way to set the charge limit always. Not by location having to dig deep in 3 menu's to get there, but set the limit via the app and in car all the time. In the winter I may need 100% on some days but on summer days it is rare I'm going to need over 70%. Especially in the summer heat it will be easier on the battery to make it up to a lower SoC.

A feature I want - auto parking brake! I like how with 1 pedal drive the car comes to a stop, I can hit the power button and it puts it in park...but why doesn't it put the parking brake on? I still have to manually do it on a hill. This has been a gripe of mine for years with Fords. IF you remove your seatbelt and open the door (in that order) before turning it off while the car is still in drive it will apply it then.

A second feature I want - remote start button on the key. I don't want to use the stupid app all of the time, especially when it is buggy itself. Plus give us a second key fob. I don't mind carrying a key fob in my pocket PAAK is honestly dumb except in the rare situation you are somewhere you want your phone but nothing else in your pockets.

A third feature I want that hasn't been promised - IPC customization. Why can't we decide what information shows on the IPC. Song title as mentioned above would be nice...but different layouts, showing energy consumption (in watt hours per mile for the love of God Ford why can't you use a normal metric), etc, etc, etc. I'd love to see current kW used. Tesla has a great IPC in the model S/X and while it can't be exactly like that I would just like some simple information and customization about my energy usage.

4th feature that kind of goes hand in hand with the third - IPC displaying charging info. Especially while DC fast charging. Why can't it tell me what percent battery I'm currently at, how fast it is charging (in kW or Amps), time to full (or whatever % you're set at) along with miles of range per hour added? Simple things I just want to see while it is charging.

tl;dr - lots of bugs and features I want that they could implement in the future....however I love the car and would still buy it again.

I'm probably forgetting some too. I'll add more as I think about them or find them.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
This is also concerning. Here are the trouble codes the car is reporting to Ford via the TCU. The list seems to grow larger every day. Holy cow they have a lot of issues to work out. My car has 333 miles on it!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Software Bugs & Features I Want Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 4.36.55 PM

Ford Mustang Mach-E Software Bugs & Features I Want Screen Shot 2021-02-22 at 4.37.02 PM

U3000 in the APIM is generally a control module failure code...It can show up when another module doesn't send it expected data, or the module itself is bad. That is a little worrisome.

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
That's interesting data -- is that readily available to us (ie casual enthusiast) with an OBDII reader, or did that take more digging to get?

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
That's interesting data -- is that readily available to us (ie casual enthusiast) with an OBDII reader, or did that take more digging to get?
Yes if you have an OBD2 reader that either has a switch or internal relay to go between all of the CAN busses then you can pull all of those codes with FORScan. I recommend the OBDLink EX or MX+. Though the $20 ones on amazon with a switch work too, just are a little more of a pain to use.

If you give me your VIN I can look them up for you too from Ford's servers.

ordel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium
Country flag
Totally agree that it's crazy that when you open the car door while the car is charging (or even if it's not), that you don't immediately see the state of charge, speed of charge and time remaining until full. This is essential. The lights on the charge port are a poor substitute for exact information.

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
So now adaptive cruise is telling me it isn't available. Distance indication works and lane assist works. Just cruise won't turn on. Once my laptop charges I'm going to pull the codes. It hasn't updated in Ford's portal yet.

I really didn't think I'd be bringing it into service so soon, but if cruise control won't work - in it goes. I'm going to try clearing the codes and letting it sit overnight to see what happens.

There was also a weird bug today where the navigation tile got stuck behind other tiles. Then it just made a second tile for navigation that worked normally. Another really weird bug. I don't understand how reviewers didn't notice any of these little things in their reviews.

Totally agree that it's crazy that when you open the car door while the car is charging (or even if it's not), that you don't immediately see the state of charge, speed of charge and time remaining until full. This is essential. The lights on the charge port are a poor substitute for exact information.
I 100% agree with this....just easy stuff to show. The biggest thing I want to know is charge rate. I want to make sure the charger correctly negotiated with the car. We have a charger at work that sometimes negotiates at a lower rate for some reason and you have to unplug and replug.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Software Bugs & Features I Want acc

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Yes it appears to be. ~210 miles range from full at 40°F mostly highway driving. I’m not hypermiling either. I’m happy with that number to be honest.

29kWh usable remaining at 33% (in theory - 0.88*33=29 appox). 2.4mi/kWh (29*2.4) So 69 mile range.

Last edited:
OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Update: Adaptive cruise works today. Also FORScan does not support the Mach E yet. They sent me a test build to try and connect and send them logs so they can add support.

FordPass suddenly stopped showing the picture of the car under "vehicle" and now will not tell me it is charging or when it will finish charging. Just the current percentage on the home tab. I also got a 12v charging error notification in FordPass but never saw anything about it in the car or noticed a problem.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
So now adaptive cruise is telling me it isn't available. Distance indication works and lane assist works. Just cruise won't turn on. Once my laptop charges I'm going to pull the codes. It hasn't updated in Ford's portal yet.

I really didn't think I'd be bringing it into service so soon, but if cruise control won't work - in it goes. I'm going to try clearing the codes and letting it sit overnight to see what happens.

There was also a weird bug today where the navigation tile got stuck behind other tiles. Then it just made a second tile for navigation that worked normally. Another really weird bug. I don't understand how reviewers didn't notice any of these little things in their reviews.

I 100% agree with this....just easy stuff to show. The biggest thing I want to know is charge rate. I want to make sure the charger correctly negotiated with the car. We have a charger at work that sometimes negotiates at a lower rate for some reason and you have to unplug and replug.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Software Bugs & Features I Want acc
Get that error all the time. but then really does work.

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm starting this new thread because I haven't seen some of these bugs I have found out that other people have listed. I've only had my car 3 days but have already driven it 330 miles. I'm curious if anyone else can re-create these or has noticed them. I of course do have some of the same issues - IPC buzz, the app sucks, PAAK sometimes doesn't work, etc. However there are a few things I found that were not listed.

Forewarning this is a decently long and detailed list of even the smallest bug I've noticed. It is possible some of these are by design and I just don't like the design.

Traction control - if you turn it off, then switch drive modes it automatically turns it back on. Ok, fine...but now you can't turn it off again until a key cycle. It just stays on. Not really a big deal it is just really weird. The little slider will turn "off" but stays lit up blue and does not appear off in IPC.

Rear auto brake disabled warning - if you leave the car in drive and a passenger opens the door it will ding a bunch and say the rear auto braking is disabled. It isn't like a little notification its an error message like the system is broken. I use 1 pedal drive, not sure if it would do it in normal mode.

1 pedal drive not available - if you switch from reverse to drive while you're still moving at a decent speed it freaks out and turns off 1 pedal driving. In a car with a regular transmission I wouldn't do this but this doesn't hurt anything on an electric car and I've used it as a method to change direction while reversing in my previous electric vehicles.

Remote start causing guest profile - if I remote start the car, about half of the time it will load the guest profile. I can change back to my profile. What an odd and annoying bug. Also going in hand with this is easy entry doesn't always scoot the seat back up. I have no idea why it won't but it just won't. Hitting the "1" memory button I have assigned moves the seat back into position.

Profile changes not always saving - I cannot get it to save touchscreen beep to off. Every time I restart the car it is back on. I also couldn't get it to save drive mode ambient light changing and some other features at first. Then after the 10th time It finally did. There were a few other things like this but not everything did it.

Backup camera glitching - I've had it happen twice now where you start backing up and the camera just glitches out and stutters really bad. It seems to always have a small stutter (honestly unacceptable), but sometimes it is just so bad it is nearly unusable.

No radio song displaying - this isn't a bug, but its an omitted feature. They need to tell you at a minimum what the radio station you're on is, or what the song is playing all the time. If you get the radio off the screen then you have no idea without going back into radio. Having it show up in the IPC too would be nice.

No trunk button - not a bug again, but why the heck did they not put a physical trunk button. If you do what Tesla does and leave the screen on even after a door is opened and show the trunk controls on the screen when a door is opened then its fine. In the MME the screen turns off and you have to use the key fob, app, or manually press the button (or kick)...or you can turn the car back on. This is so stupid and one of my biggest gripes of this car. Give me a physical button! Screw the max defrost.

Audio won't turn off when in CarPlay - If you have CarPlay playing music (I was using Spotify) it will not power off. You hit the power button and it turns off for a few seconds then powers back up. It seems that sync is not pausing the music on power off so then the music keeps playing and sync powers back up thinking you hit play again.

CarPlay pops up with notifications - I don't think this is a bug, but a feature I don't like. I don't need it to switch back to CarPlay when I get a notification on my phone. Just let me stay on the screen I want to stay on.

SiriusXM weird bug - so day 1 I got the car and SiriusXM worked fine. Just like my 2020 F350 and 2020 Escape Hybrid...when I bought them it just worked. Day 2 rolls around and it just says "acquiring signal..." yet it was playing the default Sirius subscription channel. This made no sense. I figured it was another radio bug. Next day I start driving and it pops up asking if I want to start my trial. I was so confused but hit yes and now SiriusXM is working. Why can't they just make it simple like my other Ford's and have it just work right out the door for 3/6 months however long they provide.

Accidental Unplug notification - I know I unplugged the car. Stop telling me I unplugged it. I charge at work for free so I don't charge much at home. Just as much as I need to. Also going hand in hand with this they need a way to set the charge limit always. Not by location having to dig deep in 3 menu's to get there, but set the limit via the app and in car all the time. In the winter I may need 100% on some days but on summer days it is rare I'm going to need over 70%. Especially in the summer heat it will be easier on the battery to make it up to a lower SoC.

A feature I want - auto parking brake! I like how with 1 pedal drive the car comes to a stop, I can hit the power button and it puts it in park...but why doesn't it put the parking brake on? I still have to manually do it on a hill. This has been a gripe of mine for years with Fords. IF you remove your seatbelt and open the door (in that order) before turning it off while the car is still in drive it will apply it then.

A second feature I want - remote start button on the key. I don't want to use the stupid app all of the time, especially when it is buggy itself. Plus give us a second key fob. I don't mind carrying a key fob in my pocket PAAK is honestly dumb except in the rare situation you are somewhere you want your phone but nothing else in your pockets.

A third feature I want that hasn't been promised - IPC customization. Why can't we decide what information shows on the IPC. Song title as mentioned above would be nice...but different layouts, showing energy consumption (in watt hours per mile for the love of God Ford why can't you use a normal metric), etc, etc, etc. I'd love to see current kW used. Tesla has a great IPC in the model S/X and while it can't be exactly like that I would just like some simple information and customization about my energy usage.

4th feature that kind of goes hand in hand with the third - IPC displaying charging info. Especially while DC fast charging. Why can't it tell me what percent battery I'm currently at, how fast it is charging (in kW or Amps), time to full (or whatever % you're set at) along with miles of range per hour added? Simple things I just want to see while it is charging.

tl;dr - lots of bugs and features I want that they could implement in the future....however I love the car and would still buy it again.

I'm probably forgetting some too. I'll add more as I think about them or find them.
1000% agree!!!

OP
OP
breeves002

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Get that error all the time. but then really does work.
Odd, for me it didn't work at all until the next day when the error went away.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I'm starting this new thread because I haven't seen some of these bugs I have found out that other people have listed.

Have to agree on pretty much all of your findings. I oinly hope that someone in charge of fixing bugs and things at Ford Mach E team will read or be aware of what is being said on these forums like this post. Otherwise, I fear that they will proceed blissfully unaware of these things. My experience is that big companies don't take full advantage of the user forums as a tool for user real world data. And my guess for bug fixes time frame, they will be overly shgy about what they issue , when and how often. My advice, is take another card from the Tesla deck and don't be shy about the updates! This special survey beta group kind of irritates me. Let anyone be a beta update tester for god's sake.

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Does anyone know if it’s possible to precondition the batter by turning the climate on remotely?

on my Tesla we could pre condition the battery by remotely heating the car up. No need to set a departure time we can just control the climate before getting into the car.

Right now I’m only seeing departure times as the only way to set the climate. I don’t want to use that. I leave the house randomly so I don’t really have departure time. I just want to remotely set the climate.
Anyone know if this is possible or coming in a future update?

Rocky29670

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Toyota Camry Hybrid (Sold), 2013 Ford Fusion (borrowing until MME gets here), Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Just curious, is the vehicle in the top left corner of the screen the actual color of your vehicle or is it white during the day and gray at night?

I thought I saw on one of the review videos that it was color matched and mine isn't. I have a silver car, so it may just be harder to get silver or it's just generic.
Sponsored