Software not updating stuck in 1.4.0

Draaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi All,

After reading some posts about software version 1.7.1 and FordPass 3.35.0 start checking the versions I currently have and to my surprise the current version installed is version 1.4.0. And the FordPass version currently available in the App Store is 3.34.0.

I don’t really mind the FordPass as it’s an update behind, but having version 1.4.0 installed in my car while the system says it’s up to date worries me a bit.. anybody has a fix or an explanation?

I am living in the EU, does that make such a big difference??

876C1DFC-F7A3-4B23-ABB5-8D9A05E3AF99.jpeg
Sponsored

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Hi All,

After reading some posts about software version 1.7.1 and FordPass 3.35.0 start checking the versions I currently have and to my surprise the current version installed is version 1.4.0. And the FordPass version currently available in the App Store is 3.34.0.

I don’t really mind the FordPass as it’s an update behind, but having version 1.4.0 installed in my car while the system says it’s up to date worries me a bit.. anybody has a fix or an explanation?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Software not updating stuck in 1.4.0 876C1DFC-F7A3-4B23-ABB5-8D9A05E3AF99
It might be cold comfort but mine did this for 3 months and then flipped to 1.7.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Ford is stumbling on the OTA updates. There are a lot of threads about this. Some vehicles receive older updates after newer ones -- and that is okay, since each is targeting a different module in the vehicle.

Nothing to worry about yet...

At the top of your screen, the download icon with the checkmark next to it indicates that you recently received an update. (Perhaps FordPower-Up 1.4.0 as shown further down.)

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
Ford is stumbling on the OTA updates. There are a lot of threads about this. Some vehicles receive older updates after newer ones -- and that is okay, since each is targeting a different module in the vehicle.

Nothing to worry about yet...

At the top of your screen, the download icon with the checkmark next to it indicates that you recently received an update. (Perhaps FordPower-Up 1.4.0 as shown further down.)
The other night I was scrolling through the ID4 and Tesla forums on the topic of delayed OTA updates…. Seems to be a universal disappointment. Cars have widely varying software releases, slow and seemingly random updates and grumpy owners.

zvez

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Metallic RWD, standard range
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hi All,

Ford Mustang Mach-E Software not updating stuck in 1.4.0 876C1DFC-F7A3-4B23-ABB5-8D9A05E3AF99
you would've gotten the 1.6 update, and then soon after the 1.4, I got those a couple months after having my car. I only just got 1.71 last week. They're not putting the 1.71 out all at once, I can't blame them. Better to go out in phases to find the bugs. I'll be honest, the only reason I know about what was in 1..71 was from posts about it. It hasn't had a significant effect on my car.

OP
OP
Draaf

Draaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Thanks for your replies!!

I will keep monitoring it and see what happens..

I know I have read a lot of threads on this forum so know it can be very different but being this behind on updates seems strange.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag
Thanks for your replies!!

I will keep monitoring it and see what happens..

I know I have read a lot of threads on this forum so know it can be very different but being this behind on updates seems strange.
Updates are not cumulative *and* the order doesn't actually matter. They could have named them "ham", "eggs", and "toast" because the order doesn't matter -- even though the numbering scheme sort of implies it does. You'd think you'd need 1.4 before going to 1.6, and then 1.7.1 ... but there are several people who got 1.6 and *then* got 1.4.

OP
OP
Draaf

Draaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Received Update to 1.6.0 last night so things seem to be moving. Still Ford Pass update 3.35.0 not in app store in EU or Netherlands though.

Dnorwood98

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Carbonized Gray AWD Ext Range
Occupation
Education/Healthcare
Country flag
Updates are not cumulative *and* the order doesn't actually matter. They could have named them "ham", "eggs", and "toast" because the order doesn't matter -- even though the numbering scheme sort of implies it does. You'd think you'd need 1.4 before going to 1.6, and then 1.7.1 ... but there are several people who got 1.6 and *then* got 1.4.

This. Last week I got 1.6, then this morning I was notified that 1.4 was installed....hopefully that means things are progressing to get to 1.7.1.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
This. Last week I got 1.6, then this morning I was notified that 1.4 was installed....hopefully that means things are progressing to get to 1.7.1.
Same here!

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
So last week I got 1.4 and 1.6 and the version reflected on the screen under system updates until today, it now just says System Up To Date like it did when I bought it. Is this part of the 1.7.1 install process?
Sponsored