KDub

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E CA Route 1
Country flag
Tried this down in San Luis Obispo, CA. Cool concept but definitely not ready for prime-time. 1-2kw output, 5% added in 4 hours. Hopefully, they improve the technology some day.

PXL_20220309_192012326.jpg
Sponsored

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
I've seen these in various locations in Sacramento. At least the ones up here, are always at business complexes, medical facilities etc and the workers are the only ones who ever get a shot at them. They stay parked in them all day and every time I drive by, it's the same cars plugged in.

All of what I just said leads to your observation which is that they are designed more for long term charging sessions while people are working.

The unfortunate thing is that we are creatures of habit and all gas pumps, pump gas at about the same speed. Slow pumps are normally because of dirty filters and "slow" at a gas pump is normally an extra minute, not a whole darned day!

So, the problem in my opinion is that we see a charger and think, oh hey, I can juice up there only to find out that it would take a whole day to get to full. It's just a complex, app driven, wild west of charging right now. Many times even the advertised charging rates don't get anywhere near what it says.

bostondan77

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mache E, GLS 450
Country flag
We have one at work, it has an internal battery- when it’s charged it can give you up to 50 miles of range most of the time I’m lucky to get 15 miles parking there all day
Sponsored