SOLVED: Consistent "Charge Station Fault" error at EA chargers?

billy_at

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
I got my MME two weeks ago, but I'm still waiting for an electrician appointment to install the Ford charger I have sitting in its box. So, in the meantime, I've been using DC chargers as needed, mostly EA (Electrify America) chargers.

The EA chargers are fast (and I'm still using the complimentary charge bundle), so I love them overall. But I consistently get a "Charge Station Fault" when ending my session. I've tried using the "Stop" button on the EA charger screen, the "Stop Charging" button in the charge session screen of the FordPass app and pressing the little red cancel button next to the charge port on the MME.

None of these actions prevent the Charge Station Fault error. It doesn't seem to be causing any problems (my battery is properly charged by the time I'm done), but the messages are irritating and they appear both on my dashboard and as FordPass notifications. I spoke to a fellow MME driver at an EA station and they said they'd had the same problems but didn't know how to resolve them.

Am I doing something wrong? I always use the same EA station near my house, but I have the same problem regardless of which dispenser I use at that station.
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I had that too if I stopped the charge on the charger screen, but since I started pressing the unlock button inside the 5 segment LED I don't get that anymore. It appears to be the car incorrectly thinking the charging session was not intentionally stopped, which is why I started pushing the button on the car to tell it I want it to stop charging

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
I just push and hold the button on the charge connector itself (the handle of the charge cord), wait about 2 seconds to hear it unlock and then pull the connector out. Works great. I’ve been using the EA app for the discounted rate since I’ve used up my free allotment..