21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
-- REMINDER -- we are about to finalize this group purchase very soon. Anyone who wishes to join, please let me know within the next two days via DM, with "Cargo RIngs" in the title. Details are in my original post.

OP
OP
21st Century Pony

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Six weeks later, after many interactions with several forum members from Germany, Norway and Italy and after having established a separate private chat group for a dozen or so interested forum members from the U.S., we have:

- ordered a total of 4.5 sets of these left side + right side front cargo ring bracket pairs... literally, all that seems available on the Ford warehouse shelves in Europe. Four sets, including the original set now in my car, are in the US and the final half a set (yes, one bracket) will arrive this coming week.

- established through sleuthing around that the original small-business sub-component maker of these bracket pairs for Ford, from Grand Rapids Michigan, has gone out of business sometime in 2021. Every label for every bracket we bought in Europe is labeled September 2020, i.e. during the Mach E's 1st production run and before this small business left the marketplace. We think it likely that our attempted group purchase might have scavenged most and maybe all of the 1st run bracket sets that were still left in Europe.

- gotten word from informed Ford parts people in Europe that newly produced bracket sets, likely from a newly contracted sub-component manufacturer, are due to arrive in European Ford warehouses in late August for stocking and sale by European Ford dealerships. They are projected to bear the same part numbers as the 2020 bracket sets, listed in the original post here.

- confirmed through several Ford parts fiches shared by Ford parts people in several European countries that these front cargo ring brackets were / are "only for the European market" (words from one such parts fiche).

I am writing this information down for future use of forum members in North America who might someday be looking for a set of these twin front cargo ring brackets for the Mach E's trunk, so as to upgrade their Mach Es to their original OEM functionality. See the small bracket with the yellow-highlit part number
Ford Mustang Mach-E SOLVED - How to Add the Two Front Cargo Ring Anchor Points in the Trunk. Mach E front cargo ring bracket - yellow highlit parts number in center
Ford Mustang Mach-E SOLVED - How to Add the Two Front Cargo Ring Anchor Points in the Trunk. Mach E front cargo ring bracket - yellow highlit parts number in center
in the picture below for reference.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Thank you for all of the hard work Martin, Carl, and the rest of the European members who helped. Ford screwed up by not specifying these parts for the NA market. Y’all are making it right for us. 😊🐩

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Six weeks later, after many interactions with several forum members from Germany, Norway and Italy and after having established a separate private chat group for a dozen or so interested forum members from the U.S., we have:

- ordered a total of 4.5 sets of these left side + right side front cargo ring bracket pairs... literally, all that seems available on the Ford warehouse shelves in Europe. Four sets, including the original set now in my car, are in the US and the final half a set (yes, one bracket) will arrive this coming week.

- established through sleuthing around that the original small-business sub-component maker of these bracket pairs for Ford, from Grand Rapids Michigan, has gone out of business sometime in 2021. Every label for every bracket we bought in Europe is labeled September 2020, i.e. during the Mach E's 1st production run and before this small business left the marketplace. We think it likely that our attempted group purchase might have scavenged most and maybe all of the 1st run bracket sets that were still left in Europe.

- gotten word from informed Ford parts people in Europe that newly produced bracket sets, likely from a newly contracted sub-component manufacturer, are due to arrive in European Ford warehouses in late August for stocking and sale by European Ford dealerships. They are projected to bear the same part numbers as the 2020 bracket sets, listed in the original post here.

- confirmed through several Ford parts fiches shared by Ford parts people in several European countries that these front cargo ring brackets were / are "only for the European market" (words from one such parts fiche).

I am writing this information down for future use of forum members in North America who might someday be looking for a set of these twin front cargo ring brackets for the Mach E's trunk, so as to upgrade their Mach Es to their original OEM functionality. See the small bracket with the yellow-highlit part number
Mach E front cargo ring bracket - yellow highlit parts number in center.jpg
Mach E front cargo ring bracket - yellow highlit parts number in center.jpg
Maybe someone could have a pair 3D scanned and share the file so they can be 3D printed (after strengthening the design).

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Maybe someone could have a pair 3D scanned and share the file so they can be 3D printed (after strengthening the design).
When I get mine I'll be doing something along these lines... More to come.

OP
OP
21st Century Pony

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So in this vein, I will have the extra front cargo ring bracket next week... precisely to potentially be a sacrificial reverse R&D sample. NOTE: the left side and right side cargo ring brackets are identical mirror images of each other.

Interested parties please DM me.

Prome3us

First Name
Spenser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Ecoboost, Mustang Mach E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

I missed out on the group ordering, but if the restock comes in and a call for new group order is made, I'd be interested in getting in on that. If I'm going to add in cargo attachment points, I want to do it right. I don't want to anchor something to plastic trim like on on some other posts.

Also, thanks for the detailed posts; they were very helpful.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I missed out on the group ordering, but if the restock comes in and a call for new group order is made, I'd be interested in getting in on that. If I'm going to add in cargo attachment points, I want to do it right. I don't want to anchor something to plastic trim like on on some other posts.

At this point, we. Seem to have exhausted the spare parts in Europe. 🤦‍♂️🐩 Forum member @JohnFoxeSheets is working on a low-cost aftermarket design since we cannot seem to 1) Get the Ford part 2) Get in contact with the vendor who made them for Ford and 3) Get any information on when the parts might be back in stock. We are certain that the bracket itself will be as strong as the factory bracket, but the U-bolts will not necessarily be quite as strong since the factory ones are swaged onto the brackets and the ones we are looking at will be bolted on. Since they are designed to hold cargo down, I do not think this will be much of an issue. 😊🐩

OP
OP
21st Century Pony

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I'll loop you into the private chat group... the full story and the design are on there.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
At this point, we. Seem to have exhausted the spare parts in Europe. 🤦‍♂️🐩 Forum member @JohnFoxeSheets is working on a low-cost aftermarket design since we cannot seem to 1) Get the Ford part 2) Get in contact with the vendor who made them for Ford and 3) Get any information on when the parts might be back in stock. We are certain that the bracket itself will be as strong as the factory bracket, but the U-bolts will not necessarily be quite as strong since the factory ones are swaged onto the brackets and the ones we are looking at will be bolted on. Since they are designed to hold cargo down, I do not think this will be much of an issue. 😊🐩
Well now that the Pudle has...
Ford Mustang Mach-E SOLVED - How to Add the Two Front Cargo Ring Anchor Points in the Trunk. Cat out the ba

...here is a brief status of the "low-cost aftermarket design".
Ford Mustang Mach-E SOLVED - How to Add the Two Front Cargo Ring Anchor Points in the Trunk. Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 5.27.16 PM

The brackets will be made of powder coated 1/4" aluminum plate. They will be fabricated as a set, thereby substantially reducing cost. I will then separate the two parts, file the edges smooth, and apply paint on the raw aluminum to make it all clean and nice. They will be painted glossy black - just like the originals. As Herr Pudel states, the U bolts will be attached using nuts rather than being swagged; in really world use this is unlikely to have any impact, though the boys I've found are satin stainless steel, rather than painted black. (I suppose this could be an advantage since it would make the U bolts easier to locate in the dark.)

Ford Mustang Mach-E SOLVED - How to Add the Two Front Cargo Ring Anchor Points in the Trunk. Screenshot 2023-06-04 at 5.29.57 PM

I have ordered a 3D printed test sample which is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I will verify that all the dimensions are correct and if so, make a (somewhat more) formal announcement on this thread and perhaps on a new thread as well. Pricing is very volume dependent, so the plan is to place a single order. I will be offering pricing tiers, but to give you an idea, we're looking at less than $100 plus shipping. Depending on volume, the cost could be substantially less.

More soon.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E SOLVED - How to Add the Two Front Cargo Ring Anchor Points in the Trunk. IMG_6849

It's here! If you're interested in ordering a set, please DM me no later than 7/31.
Sponsored