SOLVED - Ice Slippage / loss of traction wreaks havoc! Error messages keep popping up

OP
OP
cjrodriguez31

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT - Towed 4 times/9 months
Country flag
Most EV sites are reporting these things to bash on the vehicle because they prefer a different brand. I'm not saying all do that, but it's easier to find the bad over the good when reading most of them.
I picked ford specifically for their years in the car game. I could have gone wjth tesla and gotten it sooner but they just dont have the dealerships and shops to fix like ford does. I feel like with all the new EVs coming out in the next few years, the mach e will just be another EV and not bashed on as some of the newer models will. But only time will tell (Im looking forward to the competition)
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
That article is extremely annoying. So all reporters need to do is copy from a car forum? And did they get permission from anyone they copied from? Not that they have to, but it just seems shady to not make any attempts to actually talk to the people you are copying from.

Maybe an interview with Corey would have put some legitimacy behind the article but that might actually require work and effort. It is much easier just to copy and paste. People are so lazy.

Hufferduffer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So the other day we got a snowstorm of about 7 inches. I waited until the streets were plowed and "sanded" before I ran my errands. I came home a bit late about 7PM and the streets were ICE. With traction control, I could not make it up my street so I turned it off and spun tires but ultimately made it up. All four wheels were spinning. All of a sudden the following messages started to appear on my dash like a god damn christmas tree!!

- Hill start assist not available
- 1 Pedal Drive Fault - Press brake pedal to reduce speed
- Service AdvanceTrac
- Check headlamp system See manual
- Auto hold fault
- Blind spot fault
- Cross traffic system fault
- Reverse brake assist not available see manual

Also cant select any drive modes but no warning message pops up until you actually click on it.

Already cleaned all sensors and the same message KEEP POPPING UP. They reset every 3/4 minutes and keep popping back up while driving. Dealer isn't open until Monday so im hoping someone has a reset method until them. Tryed the newest Snapon computer at my uncles shop to try and reset but it wont recognize the Mach E. Keeps popping up as a 2021 Ford Edge with eco boost.
Same errors just came up on my GT. I was driving on dry roads at 30 mph. No spinning of tires just easy straight line driving. Going to dealer in three days.

Hufferduffer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So the other day we got a snowstorm of about 7 inches. I waited until the streets were plowed and "sanded" before I ran my errands. I came home a bit late about 7PM and the streets were ICE. With traction control, I could not make it up my street so I turned it off and spun tires but ultimately made it up. All four wheels were spinning. All of a sudden the following messages started to appear on my dash like a god damn christmas tree!!

- Service AdvanceTrac
- Auto hold fault
- Blind spot fault

Also cant select any drive modes but no warning message pops up until you actually click on it.

Already cleaned all sensors and the same message KEEP POPPING UP. They reset every 3/4 minutes and keep popping back up while driving. Dealer isn't open until Monday so im hoping someone has a reset method until them. Tryed the newest Snapon computer at my uncles shop to try and reset but it wont recognize the Mach E. Keeps popping up as a 2021 Ford Edge with eco boost.

- Service AdvanceTrac
- Auto hold fault
- Blind spot fault

Same just happened to my GT. I was on dry roads driving 35mph. No spinning of tires, didn’t touch traction control.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Same just happened to my GT. I was on dry roads driving 35mph. No spinning of tires, didn’t touch traction control.
That sounds like a different problem. Are the errors clearing after the car sits overnight? I probably would not take it in to the dealer if the errors go away. But if the errors don't clear, or they recur, definitely take it in.

Hufferduffer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT Performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That sounds like a different problem. Are the errors clearing after the car sits overnight? I probably would not take it in to the dealer if the errors go away. But if the errors don't clear, or they recur, definitely take it in.
Errors are not going away. Car is going to dealer Monday.
Sponsored