SOLVED - Ice Slippage / loss of traction wreaks havoc! Error messages keep popping up

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Your decisions shape the VIN. But since the 9th digit is the check digit, no choice can force it to be an X. Is it possible to choose part of your VIN? Yes, only because it is the same as choosing which trim level you are ordering. Your choices shape the VIN. Is it possible to order a specific VIN? No.

1642538181271.png
Sad, I was so close:

4SXXMME

Is the X the PE vs E is regular GT?

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
So I wonder - can those of us (not me) with FDRS update capability reset our modules without a dealer trip? So we can do donuts and then run FDRS to clean up from our fun?

agentbuckwald

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium ExAWD, Focus RS
Occupation
Driver
What tires do you have on your car? I have a set of snows on mine and it's been tank on snow and ice.

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH E GT PERFORMANCE
Country flag
Well I’m officially getting upset. Two week now and still no fix for mine. Dealer says they can’t find nothing every time and can’t get me in till a week later every time. This is annoying.

OP
OP
cjrodriguez31

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT - Towed 4 times/9 months
Country flag
Well I’m officially getting upset. Two week now and still no fix for mine. Dealer says they can’t find nothing every time and can’t get me in till a week later every time. This is annoying.
You have the same error codes? Just print my Tasca service paper and bring it with you. Should tell the techs exactly what to do

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this on my end.

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You have the same error codes? Just print my Tasca service paper and bring it with you. Should tell the techs exactly what to do
Yes same codes and everything. I showed your paper to the tech. Still couldn’t fix it. Then he ordered a module and got it and now they can’t program it and are waiting for ford to respond to them.

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Yes same codes and everything. I showed your paper to the tech. Still couldn’t fix it. Then he ordered a module and got it and now they can’t program it and are waiting for ford to respond to them.
Sorry to laugh, but man it is comical how awful some MME service people are. I understand why, but they need to learn how to service the cars they sell. Seriously. I am dreading the first trip to my local Ford service department when I want them to update my modules. Maybe I just need to do it myself, like the FDRS dudes are already doing. Maybe.

OP
OP
cjrodriguez31

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT - Towed 4 times/9 months
Country flag
P
id reply to ford then up above. Im sure they can help out the dealer. Im so sorry your dealing with it. After two weeks id also call ford to give you a payment credit. We bought EVs for a reason and im sure you have an ICE rental that you need to refill with gas upon return.
Luckily my dealer was super nice and apologetic so i didnt mind the camry i got ?

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
No

I get it. I laughed at my dealer too because they said “we haven’t seen these before so it’ll take a long time” like dude wtf? I could understand if it was a problem with the motors or high voltage battery but electrical problems? Literally can happen to any care and you can’t tell me they haven’t worked on stuff like this before. Just irritated. Thinking of driving it to another dealer.
It’s gonna be like that everywhere for a while.

Mechanics aren’t computer IT people……. Yet.

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s gonna be like that everywhere for a while.

Mechanics aren’t computer IT people……. Yet.
I understand that but this problem can happen on any vehicle. It’s not just because it’s electric! I had so many proboem like this with my edge st and they were fixed the day I went into that dealer. It’s a problem with a module. Nothing that’s new to them. Like I said this isn’t a problem with the electric motors or HV battery. They can’t be using that as an excuse. I get it’s a new model vehicle. If ford can’t find a fix for their cars they shouldn’t release them till they “know what they are doing” just annoying as hell waiting a year for a car and having it three months only to be broke down for a month.

DevSecOps

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Audi SQ5 / '23 Rivian R1T / '23 M3P
Occupation
CISO
Country flag
Thats awesome to see them reporting it. I really hope my issues help future and current owners of Mach E’s.
Most EV sites are reporting these things to bash on the vehicle because they prefer a different brand. I'm not saying all do that, but it's easier to find the bad over the good when reading most of them.
Sponsored