SOLVED - Ice Slippage / loss of traction wreaks havoc! Error messages keep popping up

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Oh of course. When i turned the traction control off i was already stuck in the snow/ice. I had no option but to floor it to spin it and melt the ice/snow just to get grip on at least one tire. I was so aggravated.
I wonder if simply clearing the codes would do the trick.

I understand the frustration you experienced, but flooring it is never going to get you out. And, the manual tells you what to try (which may not work):

Note: If your vehicle gets stuck driving on
hilly or sloping terrain, it may be rocked out
by shifting between forward and reverse
gears, stopping between shifts in a steady
pattern. Press lightly on the accelerator in
each gear.

Note: Do not rock your vehicle for more
than a minute, as damage to the
transmission and tires may occur or the
engine may overheat.
Sponsored

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Oh of course. When i turned the traction control off i was already stuck in the snow/ice. I had no option but to floor it to spin it and melt the ice/snow just to get grip on at least one tire. I was so aggravated.
The black box will tell the techs if you hit the limiter. But, it's there to keep anything from being damaged.

OP
OP
cjrodriguez31

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT - Towed 4 times/9 months
Country flag
Ive always had ICE vehicles and they were jeeps prior. If i gave it beans i could see the RPM and get out as needed. With this car I was not moving so i gave more gas because TC was still on at this point as its never really off off when you push the button. Noted for next time though. Lesson learned.

Dealer called and they wont be able to get to it until Monday or Tuesday of next week so ill have to update then.

that_macheguy

First Name
BRAYDEN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MUSTANG MACH E GT PERFORMANCE
Country flag
Well. No update other than they need more time. His first thoughts were leading towards steering angle sensor. Reflashed modules and codes went away but came back shortly after. Very bummed out.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I went and did donuts in the snow in my GT without error.

OP
OP
cjrodriguez31

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thats weird, because prior to the incident i was as well doing donuts in the snow and had 0 issues. It was the ice/snow getting stuck that caused it.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
I don’t have insight on all the problems, but I do know the source of ONE.

“Reverse brake assist not available.”

That will pop up any time the traction control is off and you put it in reverse.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
So the other day we got a snowstorm of about 7 inches. I waited until the streets were plowed and "sanded" before I ran my errands. I came home a bit late about 7PM and the streets were ICE. With traction control, I could not make it up my street so I turned it off and spun tires but ultimately made it up. All four wheels were spinning. All of a sudden the following messages started to appear on my dash like a god damn christmas tree!!

- Hill start assist not available
- 1 Pedal Drive Fault - Press brake pedal to reduce speed
- Service AdvanceTrac
- Check headlamp system See manual
- Auto hold fault
- Blind spot fault
- Cross traffic system fault
- Reverse brake assist not available see manual

Also cant select any drive modes but no warning message pops up until you actually click on it.

Already cleaned all sensors and the same message KEEP POPPING UP. They reset every 3/4 minutes and keep popping back up while driving. Dealer isn't open until Monday so im hoping someone has a reset method until them. Tryed the newest Snapon computer at my uncles shop to try and reset but it wont recognize the Mach E. Keeps popping up as a 2021 Ford Edge with eco boost.
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

xingusx

First Name
Ingus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Ops Director
Country flag
I now have exactly the same problem- did doughnuts on wet grass and all the same error messages as yours ?‍♂

Attachments

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Hi there. Will you send us a message with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into things on my end.

please let us know what you find out!

I am suspecting that 'doing donuts' may be ok as long as all 4 wheels are spinning at about the same speed; but with TC=off in a 'stuck situation', there is a chance that one wheel, or more, was rotating at way different speed if the driver was just flooring it and possible hit rev limit in addition to one or more wheels rotating at vastly different speeds due to loss of traction.

The questions are:
- was anything actually damaged, or are these 'just error codes'?
- because TC=off, or over-rev?
- can the errors be 'cleared' by Owner?

...I don't plan on doing donuts for fun, but sometimes in snow , or muddy dirt roads, it is best to turn TC off so you can 'claw your way' around a corner or not lose speed when one wheel hits a soft spot. I've had my MME lose traction in some very odd feeling ways when driving on a lumpy dirt road where one tire loses traction, and I'm wondering what the best way to deal with that is without damaging the drivetrain....

I haven't gotten any error codes, but I'd like to know how and why the seemingly unrelated errors showed up for the OP, and if they can be cleared.

Last edited:

tburns6

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GTPE DMG
Occupation
Network Nerd
Country flag
I have the same issue, since the snow in Detroit on jan 4, not doing donuts, started in a slippery parking lot just trying to park.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I have the same issue, since the snow in Detroit on jan 4, not doing donuts, started in a slippery parking lot just trying to park.
very interesting.... 'AdvanceTrac' module apparently doesn't handle spinning wheels very well...
- do you have RWD or AWD ?
- what would you estimate the duration of your 'spinning' ?
- what would you estimate the speed that showed up on your speedometer while spinning?

tburns6

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GTPE DMG
Occupation
Network Nerd
Country flag
very interesting.... 'AdvanceTrac' module apparently doesn't handle spinning wheels very well...
- do you have RWD or AWD ?
- what would you estimate the duration of your 'spinning' ?
- what would you estimate the speed that showed up on your speedometer while spinning?
I have a GTPE, was driving through a parking lot wasnt trying to spin the wheels, was going maybe 15

OP
OP
cjrodriguez31

cjrodriguez31

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Got the car back today.
The service advisor said they had to reset all modules in the vehicle and something about a steering sensor. Im just happy to be driving her again :)
I have attached the invoice that says what they did.

Great service from my dealer and the service department if anyone needs them to fix the issue and your local. TASCA out of Rhode Island.
Ford Mustang Mach-E SOLVED - Ice Slippage / loss of traction wreaks havoc! Error messages keep popping up Capture.PNG
Sponsored