Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Got my very first communication about the GT and they’re hinting that some owners will actually be taking a 2022 model. I wonder if this is them getting ahead of potential delays, since the whole microchip shortage hasn’t been abated yet.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Some early Mach-E GT owners may get 2022 model according to new Ford email 3DE8827B-70D5-48E9-AEC7-5FF44831AB87
Sponsored

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Got my very first communication about the GT and they’re hinting that some owners will actually be taking a 2022 model. I wonder if this is them getting ahead of potential delays, since the whole microchip shortage hasn’t been abated yet.
3DE8827B-70D5-48E9-AEC7-5FF44831AB87.png
On the one hand, it’s good to see renewed confirmation that deliveries still are expected to start in the summer, and it is good that they expect to have them done by early fall.
On the other, I don’t recall if we’d heard it was going to be “late” summer before.
It seems odd to me that they would have an arbitrary transition from 21 to 22 model year wedged in those few months. Another way to read that is that, due to high demand, not all customers will get delivery by the fall and some will have to wait until sometime next year for the 22 models.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
On the one hand, it’s good to see renewed confirmation that deliveries still are expected to start in the summer, and it is good that they expect to have them done by early fall.
On the other, I don’t recall if we’d heard it was going to be “late” summer before.
It seems odd to me that they would have an arbitrary transition from 21 to 22 model year wedged in those few months. Another way to read that is that, due to high demand, not all customers will get delivery by the fall and some will have to wait until sometime next year for the 22 models.
Note: They don't say when those 2022 GTs will be delivered. It might be a long wait.

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
Good comm. The most important part for me is prioritization of reservations over new orders.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
I was already intending to wait for a 2022 model year if it was possible to get one before the end of the calendar year. That email makes it sound like the model year changeover will be around mid fall, which would be perfect for me.

OP
OP
Davedough

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I was already intending to wait for a 2022 model year if it was possible to get one before the end of the calendar year. That email makes it sound like the model year changeover will be around mid fall, which would be perfect for me.
Seems manufacturers are going earlier and earlier with their model years too. My VW is billed as a 2016 but I bought it August of 2015

Dtrauch

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Some early Mach-E GT owners may get 2022 model according to new Ford email Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.11.29 PM

Interesting. I just received a similar email a few minutes ago, but with no mention of 2022 model years or high demand. I wonder why the discrepancy?

OP
OP
Davedough

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Some early Mach-E GT owners may get 2022 model according to new Ford email Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.11.29 PM

Interesting. I just received a similar email a few minutes ago, but with no mention of 2022 model years or high demand. I wonder why the discrepancy?
Well that’s weird...

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
.....and I had always assumed the GTs would be 2022 models from the beginning. Even if they delivered in summer of 2021. Ford has done stuff like this before. (early releases for the next model year). Pretty cool that is sounds like there might be some 2021 GT models produced. Rare beasts most likely....

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Seems manufacturers are going earlier and earlier with their model years too. My VW is billed as a 2016 but I bought it August of 2015
Its pretty standard auto industry practice to start the new model year a few months before the new calendar year. Covid threw a wrench in that for 2020, but it sounds like it will be going back to normal this year.

My 2016 Camaro was built in November 2015 just like your VW.

sabat

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Ecoboost
Country flag
I'm glad to see some action on the GT, April is not far off.

I got the email with the 2022 detail, at 11:07 EST.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
So what are you guys thinking will be the price of the GT? I know it says $60,000 but that's probably with none of the nice things in the Premium, right? And then we have the GT Performance which we know will be bit more for sure.

OP
OP
Davedough

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So what are you guys thinking will be the price of the GT? I know it says $60,000 but that's probably with none of the nice things in the Premium, right? And then we have the GT Performance which we know will be bit more for sure.
I’m guessing base GT hits 60k as advertised. The roof option probably adds $1200 or so. I’m guessing, and it’s a complete guess, that the performance package is 6000

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I'm guessing $65K with all the options but without glass roof. GT Performance another $5K. It's not that GT cost that much more to make, but they need to do decent price differentiation. Also, I think that base GT sales will be negligible compared with Performance.
Sponsored