Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.11.29 PM.png

Interesting. I just received a similar email a few minutes ago, but with no mention of 2022 model years or high demand. I wonder why the discrepancy?
Do you have a GT reserved? I bought an FE and received the email you did. @Davedough has a GT reservation.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
Personally I’m still holding out hope for a cut to the base price like the premium received closer to launch. I’d love to get a fully loaded GT performance, but for anything more than $65k it becomes really hard to justify over Tesla’s performance models, and I think Ford is well aware of that.

Dtrauch

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Do you have a GT reserved? I bought an FE and received the email you did. @Davedough has a GT reservation.
I do have a GT Reserved. But, I also have a premium reserved. I guess, the email could be for my premium reservation and not the GT Reservation?

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
I'm guessing $65K with all the options but without glass roof. GT Performance another $5K. It's not that GT cost that much more to make, but they need to do decent price differentiation. Also, I think that base GT sales will be negligible compared with Performance.
Yeah, I'm in the market to purchase the AWD ER and that's like top of the budget...don't think I can responsibly swing a GT right now as much as I would love one (range isn't much of an issue since we have an ICE car too).

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If Tesla gets the $7000 federal tax incentive back, does that change things for anyone here? Does it change anything for Ford?

OP
OP
Davedough

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
If Tesla gets the $7000 federal tax incentive back, does that change things for anyone here? Does it change anything for Ford?
Not for me personally. I have a disdain for the man in charge of Tesla and I’m too much of a stickler to deal with windows falling out on the highway of my $60k car to want to put up with them

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
Fairly certain the $7k is not coming back, and if it does it will be targeted for lower cost EVs. Base Tesla's and Ford's will qualify, not performance or luxury models. The Dems were great at pushing for the EV credit when it had no chance of passing the past few years, and now it's a lone representative from CA pushing for it? I don't think there is a stomach for tax credits for top earners during these times.

Edit: Forgot to add the that $7k proposal includes income thresholds anyways.

Last edited:

Mach Daddy

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Land Rover Discovery, F-150 Lightnin
Country flag
I'm guessing $65K with all the options but without glass roof. GT Performance another $5K. It's not that GT cost that much more to make, but they need to do decent price differentiation. Also, I think that base GT sales will be negligible compared with Performance.
The spec sheets show there are three roof options. Body colored, black and glass. Depending on the final price, I will torn between a GT with a black roof and Co-Pilot prep pack and the GT Performance.

mwsno

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 3
Country flag
I'm good with base GT + black roof.

Now, is adaptive cruise standard, or is it part of one of the Co-Pilot packages. I don't need a car that drives itself, but adaptive cruise would be nice.

OP
OP
Davedough

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I was enamored by the glass roof in the Premium I sat in during the tour. I really want one. I don’t care about the added weight

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Don't most manufacturers start producing the next model year in the Fall?

Interesting. I just received a similar email a few minutes ago, but with no mention of 2022 model years or high demand. I wonder why the discrepancy?
So I wonder if this is a hint at who would get one this year? I made a late reservation I think in November 2020. SO only a few months ago. And I got the email that mentioned 2022.

Do you have a reservation and when did you put it in?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I have a GT reservation and got the same message as OP with the 2022 reference.
My reservation was an early one (first 24 hours), so I don’t think that’s the correlation.

OP
OP
Davedough

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Don't most manufacturers start producing the next model year in the Fall?

So I wonder if this is a hint at who would get one this year? I made a late reservation I think in November 2020. SO only a few months ago. And I got the email that mentioned 2022.

Do you have a reservation and when did you put it in?
I originally reserved Oct 2020. Last week Ford unceremoniously canceled that reservation for no reason and I had to place another one

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag

I reserved January 2020 and I have not received either of the emails.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have a GT reservation and got the same message as OP with the 2022 reference.
My reservation was an early one (first 24 hours), so I don’t think that’s the correlation.
Hmm. I wonder what the difference is then.
Sponsored