Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
I was enamored by the glass roof in the Premium I sat in during the tour. I really want one. I don’t care about the added weight
Agreed. The glass roof is a must have for me too. This is an SUV we're talking about after all. The added weight from a glass roof (on something that already weighs a hefty 5000 lbs) is a non-issue for street driving. Sure it would hurt on a track but who takes their SUVs to tracks? Most don't even allow them.
Sponsored

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Agreed. The glass roof is a must have for me too. This is an SUV we're talking about after all. The added weight from a glass roof (on something that already weighs a hefty 5000 lbs) is a non-issue for street driving. Sure it would hurt on a track but who takes their SUVs to tracks? Most don't even allow them.
I normally avoid sun / moon roofs not just for performance reasons, but as they also have a tendency to leak in the long term and rob precious head room. With the mach-e agree the weight will make little difference to center of gravity due to the lbs of batteries sitting down low and as it is fixed leaks should not be an issue and in this instance the glass roof actually gives extra head room :).

I am still concerned about cabin temps in the summer where temps shoot up into 100's one interesting thing I noticed on the ever changing GT specs ford keep using is that the head room on the GT vs the GTPE uses the head room height with the glass roof regardless so maybe it will standard on the GTPE?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Some early Mach-E GT owners may get 2022 model according to new Ford email 1614199791732

Dtrauch

First Name
Dawson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Don't most manufacturers start producing the next model year in the Fall?

So I wonder if this is a hint at who would get one this year? I made a late reservation I think in November 2020. SO only a few months ago. And I got the email that mentioned 2022.

Do you have a reservation and when did you put it in?
I reserved the GT in late December 2020, so after you

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
I am still concerned about cabin temps in the summer where temps shoot up into 100's one interesting thing I noticed on the ever changing GT specs ford keep using is that the head room on the GT vs the GTPE uses the head room height with the glass roof regardless so maybe it will standard on the GTPE?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Some early Mach-E GT owners may get 2022 model according to new Ford email 1614199791732
Good catch, I've never noticed that. Seems like it will be included with the performance pack based on that.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Good catch, I've never noticed that. Seems like it will be included with the performance pack based on that.
Unfortunately at this stage I have come to treat all of the specs with a giant pinch of salt as those number also show the base GT having the same height for roof and no roof so does that mean there is no option for the roof with the base?

Personally I don't need the car straight away so I'd rather ford spent all the time needed making a truly competitive product in every performance department not just 0-60 even if it means they all end up coming out in the late fall as 2022 models.

RandyM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Ford Focus
Country flag
Got my very first communication about the GT and they’re hinting that some owners will actually be taking a 2022 model. I wonder if this is them getting ahead of potential delays, since the whole microchip shortage hasn’t been abated yet.

At the rate things are progressing with my order, I’m starting to suspect my FE will be a 2022 MY by the time it arrives as well :p

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Fairly certain the $7k is not coming back, and if it does it will be targeted for lower cost EVs. Base Tesla's and Ford's will qualify, not performance or luxury models. The Dems were great at pushing for the EV credit when it had no chance of passing the past few years, and now it's a lone representative from CA pushing for it? I don't think there is a stomach for tax credits for top earners during these times.

Edit: Forgot to add the that $7k proposal includes income thresholds anyways.
Might be worthwhile to encourage mfrs to offer commuting-level BEVs by giving max incentive for $40K and below, sliding downward as the MSRP goes up and phasing out at the top end. Also an extra bump for US-built vehicles and/or content threshold (MME would probably miss both of these).

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Personally I don't need the car straight away so I'd rather ford spent all the time needed making a truly competitive product in every performance department not just 0-60 even if it means they all end up coming out in the late fall as 2022 models.
2021 Mach-E GTs will be relatively rare since the production window will be narrow. It'll be 2022 after just a few months of GTs rolling off the line.

Maybe Ford should call them 2021.5s?

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I was enamored by the glass roof in the Premium I sat in during the tour. I really want one. I don’t care about the added weight
Yeah, I'm with you and @Rabidsquirrel22 hoping that the glass roof can happen. I just want a GT Premium. I am a bit worried now about how harsh the GT's gonna ride. Like, will a child in the backseat get their brain rattled?

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Its pretty standard auto industry practice to start the new model year a few months before the new calendar year. Covid threw a wrench in that for 2020, but it sounds like it will be going back to normal this year.

My 2016 Camaro was built in November 2015 just like your VW.
Yeah. My comment is similar to thousands of others but in July of 2011 my 2012 GT was being assembled and it was delivered on September 1st of 2011... models years obviously start ahead of time.

But it is so dang tempting to wait for a GT... Ford obviously still has "room" until they hit the 200,000 limit for the EV Fed Tax Rebate but it'd be nice to see the G.R.E.E.N. Act pass quickly so the threshold would rise to 600,000 cars per manufacturer... you'd think with a lock on D.C. and the "Evil One" gone, they'd move faster... at least as fast as it took to kill the jobs of Iron workers and pipe fitters on Keystone XL... and pass that sh*t to save the planet!

Hey, here's to hoping for more Chinese Debt Buying to keep financing my EV purchase of a freaking phat Mustang GT EV!

OP
OP
Davedough

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag

Thopter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Specialized Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO
Country flag
I can’t remember, but was there an option to choose between base GT and performance back then?

I made my res the night of the announcement, and my email references the 2022.