eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I can’t remember, but was there an option to choose between base GT and performance back then?

I made my res the night of the announcement, and my email references the 2022.
There was not.
I would’ve made mine a performance edition reservation if it’d been an option even back then.
Sponsored

Lucky luke

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Select RWD
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
There was not.
I would’ve made mine a performance edition reservation if it’d been an option even back then.
What's the difference between the actual version and the 2022 model?

OP
OP
Davedough

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I would imagine nothing, given the time frame. It would be too early in production to make any real changes

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Most likely the only difference will be the window sticker will say 2022 instead of 2021. That will be about the only difference.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Personally I’m still holding out hope for a cut to the base price like the premium received closer to launch. I’d love to get a fully loaded GT performance, but for anything more than $65k it becomes really hard to justify over Tesla’s performance models, and I think Ford is well aware of that.
Go for the Mach-E GT. It is a better electric.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Good catch, I've never noticed that. Seems like it will be included with the performance pack based on that.
I would presume that the Performance Edition has more headroom because the Performance Edition seats have less padding, letting you sit lower. As stated to me by a senior Team Edison member, "Losing weight is key".

OP
OP
Davedough

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I would presume that the Performance Edition has more headroom because the Performance Edition seats have less padding, letting you sit lower. As stated to me by a senior Team Edison member, "Losing weight is key".
Don’t worry, my fat ass driving any version of this car is bound to negate any weight savings

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Was he fat-shaming his customers?

WPJoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura RDX
Country flag
I understand that the GT will have the glass roof as optional. Does anyone know - for models that don't have the glass roof, will there be any sunroof option?
I so wish there was a way to get a standard large sunroof that opens with this car!

OP
OP
Davedough

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I understand that the GT will have the glass roof as optional. Does anyone know - for models that don't have the glass roof, will there be any sunroof option?
I so wish there was a way to get a standard large sunroof that opens with this car!
I haven’t seen any production information on a standard sunroof on these vehicles. At least not this model year

Thopter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Specialized Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO
Country flag
Not sure what this means, but the emails with the 2022 reference also have a call out for the April opening of the order banks. The other email blast does not.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
It could be but the current specs use the same value with the glass roof with and without glass roof, hence at this point I do not put much faith in those specs

Lola2004

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda pilot
Occupation
Travel agent
Country flag
I had to pass on my FE due furlough! Ugh! But on the other hand maybe I will go for the GT later in year. On Ford site I do not see options for the glass roof am I missing something? Or too early yet to look at that?
Sponsored