axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
For some context, I ordered a 2023 Premium eAWD SR on 8/30 with the hopes of taking delivery by 12/31 (tax credit, income limit, etc.). Shipping was tracking well for a Christmas Eve delivery and my confidence was high when I heard my car had arrived at the Buffalo rail yard, ~10 miles from my dealer, more than a week before Christmas. Insert a historic Blizzard that shut down the region for nearly a week and I began to panic. I started searching for inventory available within a 200 mile radius and was pleased to find a 2022 premium eAWD ER at a rival Buffalo dealer. I sent them an email and crossed my fingers fingers that it was available.

This is where the story gets interesting. Within an hour my sales person who had helped me with the original order called and said “you’re not going to believe this.” He had switched to the rival dealer and had just received the web lead on the 22’ Premium. The MSRP was basically the same as the car I ordered, but came with the larger battery (price increases for the 23’ model year). The car had $5k ADM and I would be losing my rate lock from the August order, but I told him I would be there within an hour to see if we could make a deal. Fast forward and we agree to a $1k mark and he somehow got me 3.9% financing through Ford, which was lower than I was expecting. All seemed very fair considering the savings of the 22’, the availability from inventory, and my urgency to deliver by 12/31. I drive home that day and absolutely love the car!

but wait… similar to many who took delivery recently, I realized that hands free blue cruise was not working due to an expired map. Called my salesman and he said service was booking 2-3 weeks out, but he would see what he could do. Calls me back quickly and says he can take care of me the next day if I’m willing to leave my car for the day - they would fit me in between appointments. Here is the crazy good service - he personally drives a MME and says I can take his for the day. I agree, drop off the car and take his to work for the day.

but wait… he calls me toward the end of the day and says it took them longer than expected and he didn’t think it would be ready until the next morning. Rather than have me swing by to swap cars and repeat the process the following day, he tells me to keep his personal car for the night. Some might say they should have fixed this same day, but since they had fit me in on short notice and he loaned me his PERSONAL car overnight, I was blown away.

After reading all the horror stories on this forum about service issues and sketchy dealing at the time of delivery, my expectations were very low. Great to see some Ford dealers still provide high quality service!
Sponsored

Last edited:

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Who was the dealer?

Just Lurking

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT
Country flag
Basil Ford in Buffalo, NY
That's a great story, but it sounds to me like it's really your sales person who is going above and beyond!

Regardless, I hope the dealer fixes your expired maps ASAP without causing any other problems for your car.

OP
OP
axelheimer24

axelheimer24

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22’ MME Premium ER eAWD Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
That's a great story, but it sounds to me like it's really your sales person who is going above and beyond!

Regardless, I hope the dealer fixes your expired maps ASAP without causing any other problems for your car.
True, but since he’s offered to remain my contact for future service needs I’m optimistic. I expect issues to come up, for me it’s how people respond to those issues that matters.
Sponsored