Advertisement

Some Ford dealers are still uninformed on Mach-E charging; hampering EV adoption

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicles
C-Max Energi
Country flag
I've never purchased a new vehicle without custom ordering. I don't understand why people settle for what's on the lot now, and I don't understand why that practice should be normalized and encouraged either, honestly. We should be getting rid of the waste of all the parking lots full of unsold new cars cluttering our cities and build-to-order all cars.
Simple. Because sometimes you can get a better price for the car that's been sitting on the lot. Everyday it's there, it's costing the dealer money.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicles
C-Max Energi
Country flag
When I test drove the 2013 Model S in Washington DC, the sales/staff person was trained and knowledgeable and answered all the questions I asked. This is 7 years ago. I'm very disappointed with the lack of training with Ford dealership.
The guy at Tesla is employed by Tesla. The guy at a typical dealership is employed by the dealership and has not been trained, and will be gone in 4-6 months. He doesn't know diddly, and certainly not squat.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicles
C-Max Energi
Country flag
I received this file from a Ford Dealership in Northern Wisconsin today: Hard to believe someone at these dealerships have at least a basic background in this stuff
so you are expecting car salesmen to read😮?

Advertisement