JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I wonder if the 10k services are truly needed or just a way for Ford to throw the dealers a bone and try to route some $$$ to the dealership?
Probably some of this for dealer dollars but the insides appear not as simple with all the plumbing so may bd better have trained people look at them?
Sponsored

macheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic '06
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Great writeup on experience with Encinitas Ford. Also looking to get Ford Options when mine comes in there in a few weeks (hopefully), glad you were able to get it worked out with them. Only main difference is Im looking to tack on the X-plan with all the deals you already discussed.

Im am curious if anyone saw that San Diego is a pilot for the "instant CVRP" rebate of 2,000, and used this benefit before. I know it wont reduce the sales tax but still would be nice to also get this right away like the other credits. Encinitas Ford is on the list of dealers for it. Thinking of trying for this also.

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/rebatenow

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/ev/dealers

mylittlepony

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
Great writeup on experience with Encinitas Ford. Also looking to get Ford Options when mine comes in there in a few weeks (hopefully), glad you were able to get it worked out with them. Only main difference is Im looking to tack on the X-plan with all the deals you already discussed.

Im am curious if anyone saw that San Diego is a pilot for the "instant CVRP" rebate of 2,000, and used this benefit before. I know it wont reduce the sales tax but still would be nice to also get this right away like the other credits. Encinitas Ford is on the list of dealers for it. Thinking of trying for this also.

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/rebatenow

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/ev/dealers
The dealer I ordered from in Temecula is on the list as I encouraged them to sign up! Is it me or does anyone else plan on just using x-plan and state incentives to purchase without options plan?‍♂

opennetus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion
Country flag
The dealer I ordered from in Temecula is on the list as I encouraged them to sign up! Is it me or does anyone else plan on just using x-plan and state incentives to purchase without options plan?‍♂
Why not do all of it? No reason you can’t claim plan pricing, state incentives, and Ford options all at the same time.

Or do you mean pay in cash instead of taking a loan? That makes little fiscal sense to me as auto loans are the cheapest loans you can get and are currently at historic lows. Even if you have cash on hand to pay in full, you would probably be better off investing the money instead. Doesn’t require risky investments to do better that a 0.9% auto loan interest rate. Loans also make the dealerships happy, and keeps that dealership finance guy employed so it is a win-win.

Last edited:

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
Jeez am I the only person planning on getting a Mach-e that doesn't have X plan pricing? I didn't even know what it was before joining this forum, had to Google it. I feel so left out ?

Main reason I would only do Options plan (or lease depending on what's better for me) is cuz EVs are advancing so fast I know in 3 years I'm gonna want one of the 15 other great new options out there, including whatever the MME might have to offer in a 2024 model. And actual resale value of a 2021 MME at that time is a big question mark. But if you plan on keeping it for 7+ years then financing makes more sense.

As far as instant CVRP in San Diego, I have a friend that's working on that now so I'll ask, but Im not doing it cuz I don't qualify.

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
Jeez am I the only person planning on getting a Mach-e that doesn't have X plan pricing? I didn't even know what it was before joining this forum, had to Google it. I feel so left out ?
The hot tip is that if you join Mustang Club of America for $25, at least 60 days before you actually purchase the car (not place your order, but go in to make the purchase), then you qualify for X-plan through the club. That is how I'm qualifying, and many others here as well.

BasicSaber

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X, 2015 Mustang V6
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Thanks for the info! One of the main reasons I haven't committed to an order, is confusion regarding the final price regarding Ford Options. (Want to know what I'm getting into before taking the dive)

The information provided in this thread further backs the numbers I've been going through in my spreadsheets over the past few months.

Example:
Premium RWD SR - $48,500, Taxes and Fees (my part of CA is 8.75%) - ~$4,500, Balloon - $21,340 (36 mo) / $17,945 (48 mo), Incentives (similar to TC, Ford Credit and CA Clean Fuel Reward) - $4,000, Down Payment - $9,500 (Federal Tax Credit and CA Clean Vehicle Rebate), APR - 2.25, Annual Miles - 7,500

After calculations, in my situation the monthly payment would be around $545 (36 mo) or $491 (48 mo).

Note: My down payment is quite a bit since I'm expecting to get it back fully thanks to Federal Tax credit the next year, and eventually with the CA rebate.

In regards to the Maintenance plan, not sure it is worth it for my use case. Tire rotations can done at my local tire shop (or I can even do them myself since I have the equipment), cabin air filters aren't that major, and my miles driven per year isn't that high anyways. Will likely hold off on that plan.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Thanks for the info! One of the main reasons I haven't committed to an order, is confusion regarding the final price regarding Ford Options. (Want to know what I'm getting into before taking the dive)

The information provided in this thread further backs the numbers I've been going through in my spreadsheets over the past few months.

Example:
Premium RWD SR - $48,500, Taxes and Fees (my part of CA is 8.75%) - ~$4,500, Balloon - $21,340 (36 mo) / $17,945 (48 mo), Incentives (similar to TC, Ford Credit and CA Clean Fuel Reward) - $4,000, Down Payment - $9,500 (Federal Tax Credit and CA Clean Vehicle Rebate), APR - 2.25, Annual Miles - 7,500

After calculations, in my situation the monthly payment would be around $545 (36 mo) or $491 (48 mo).

Note: My down payment is quite a bit since I'm expecting to get it back fully thanks to Federal Tax credit the next year, and eventually with the CA rebate.

In regards to the Maintenance plan, not sure it is worth it for my use case. Tire rotations can done at my local tire shop (or I can even do them myself since I have the equipment), cabin air filters aren't that major, and my miles driven per year isn't that high anyways. Will likely hold off on that plan.
My 2 cents is to commit to on order at least you are in line as long as the dealer confirms its refundable if you cancel. Incentives may change by the time you get the vehicle.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Quite a few folks have already used options -at least my guess o meter is most folks reporting back their deliveries on this forum have used options. Unless there is strong reason , why let go of the 2500 options incentive especially if you are financing anyway.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is it me or does anyone else plan on just using x-plan and state incentives to purchase without options plan?‍♂
One reason a lot of people are planning to go with Options is that it's currently the only plan that comes with the $2500 incentive ($1000 in some states). Even if you're paying in cash, you're better off doing options to get the $2500 off and then immediately paying off the Options loan.

Jako607

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bolt
Country flag
I picked my Mach-E up on 2/2 and my dealer, Encinitas Ford, has been terrific. There was a $2500 credit from Ford (still not sure why) and $1500 from California Clean Air so that knocked $4,000 off the top right away.

They really encouraged the service contract, which I laughed at thinking just how many oil changes would I need and Discount Tire rotates tires for free. But they took the time to explain it and I think what Ford's doing is making the contract attractive so they can keep tabs on its status and performance for their own data and records. Net result, the service contract covers everything including tire rotation, wiper blades, cabin air filters, and brakes. A full set of brakes can run $1,000! The contract was for 70,000 miles and the price was only $800. That was a bargain.

Now for the Ford Options. Since mine was the first one the dealer struggled with Ford and the programming to get it all done. The contract I signed Tuesday had to be cancelled and re-done Wednesday with the new numbers.

Here's how it works: They take the total selling price of the car - sales price off the sticker, add sales tax (because the Options is actually a purchase tax is up front on the total rather than on each payment with a lease), license, add service contract and any other fees for documents, etc.. From that number, subtract the Ford credit and Clean Air credit if you're eligible, and any money you want to put down. That's the starting number. I took a 3-year Options plan so they set the "balloon payment" for 36 months from now. The difference is the amount financed. In my area the interest rate for a standard purchase finance is currently 4.75%. The rate under Options from Ford is now 2.15%. Huge savings. It's all worked out even better than I anticipated from what's been available to read about it.
Would you mind sharing what your MME trim was and what you wound up paying (including dealer add ons or fees etc)? I think if everyone can see how the numbers break down for ppl that have done the paperwork already, it could help others be more informed...even if some of the numbers may vary by location (sales tax rate, available rebates etc) having a better sense of the numbers can really help.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag

Example:

Don't forget your $500 deposit laid down to get in the queue, and the $100 tech upgrade rebate.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I picked my Mach-E up on 2/2 and my dealer, Encinitas Ford, has been terrific. There was a $2500 credit from Ford (still not sure why) and $1500 from California Clean Air so that knocked $4,000 off the top right away.

They really encouraged the service contract, which I laughed at thinking just how many oil changes would I need and Discount Tire rotates tires for free. But they took the time to explain it and I think what Ford's doing is making the contract attractive so they can keep tabs on its status and performance for their own data and records. Net result, the service contract covers everything including tire rotation, wiper blades, cabin air filters, and brakes. A full set of brakes can run $1,000! The contract was for 70,000 miles and the price was only $800. That was a bargain.

Now for the Ford Options. Since mine was the first one the dealer struggled with Ford and the programming to get it all done. The contract I signed Tuesday had to be cancelled and re-done Wednesday with the new numbers.

Here's how it works: They take the total selling price of the car - sales price off the sticker, add sales tax (because the Options is actually a purchase tax is up front on the total rather than on each payment with a lease), license, add service contract and any other fees for documents, etc.. From that number, subtract the Ford credit and Clean Air credit if you're eligible, and any money you want to put down. That's the starting number. I took a 3-year Options plan so they set the "balloon payment" for 36 months from now. The difference is the amount financed. In my area the interest rate for a standard purchase finance is currently 4.75%. The rate under Options from Ford is now 2.15%. Huge savings. It's all worked out even better than I anticipated from what's been available to read about it.
Question...ok so you did the 3 year plan. now if you decide to keep the car will they automatically refi it at the 2.5% rate on the balance???

Reactions: UW2

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Question...ok so you did the 3 year plan. now if you decide to keep the car will they automatically refi it at the 2.5% rate on the balance???
It's not automatic, but if you refinance the balloon with Ford Credit, it will be at the same rate as your initial loan (2.25% if you qualify) for up to an additional 36 months.
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2