Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: Mach E CA Rte1
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
It's not automatic, but if you refinance the balloon with Ford Credit, it will be at the same rate as your initial loan (2.25% if you qualify) for up to an additional 36 months.
If Ford is offering better Options rates in 3 years, are you able to take advantage? Or are you locked in at 2.25% for better or worse?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
If Ford is offering better Options rates in 3 years, are you able to take advantage? Or are you locked in at 2.25% for better or worse?
You‘re not locked in. But it’s not an Options loan at that point. You can refinance however you want. It could even be with a completely different bank.

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
You‘re not locked in. But it’s not an Options loan at that point. You can refinance however you want. It could even be with a completely different bank.
Gotcha. So you can basically look at it like the worst case scenario would be 2.25%. Sounds good to me!

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I was planning on going with Ford Options. My dealer said that if the car depreciates under the balloon payment ($22,000), instead of just returning the vehicle after 36 months I would be responsible for the difference between the balloon payment and the current vehicle value. Has anyone ever heard this?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was planning on going with Ford Options. My dealer said that if the car depreciates under the balloon payment ($22,000), instead of just returning the vehicle after 36 months I would be responsible for the difference between the balloon payment and the current vehicle value. Has anyone ever heard this?
Your dealer is wrong.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
Yeah that dealer has no idea what they are talking about. I just completed an options contract and it's pretty clear that it's an installment contract with a balloon payment. Should you decide to return the car at the end of the term, you don't owe anything (unless of course you are over mileage and the recycling fee etc.).

mylittlepony

First Name
Dominick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE
Country flag
It's not automatic, but if you refinance the balloon with Ford Credit, it will be at the same rate as your initial loan (2.25% if you qualify) for up to an additional 36 months.
Is that statement in the paperwork for using options then refinance ballon payment at same 2.25%. Even if interest rates were to rise over the next 3-4 yrs?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I know it’s ridiculous but how can dealers be so off the mark?
Good question. It's all too common, unfortunately.

Is that statement in the paperwork for using options then refinance ballon payment at same 2.25%. Even if interest rates were to rise over the next 3-4 yrs?
Correct. Hybrid2BEV posted an excerpt from his contract that stated that the balloon can be refinanced for up to 36 months at the same rate that's detailed in the contract. So if you qualify for 2.25% for the initial term, you can refinance the balloon at that rate, even if market rates are much higher by then.

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag
The area's that have the 2,500 with the options and x plan is really a good deal. hybrid2bev has gone over this before.

I just wish they allowed the 500 bonus cash for the military.
Where can I see if my area has the 2,500 incentive? Thanks

prdude

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White w/Gray MME Prem ER RWD, 01 Miata
Occupation
engineer
Country flag
Where can I see if my area has the 2,500 incentive? Thanks
If you configure a MME on ford.com, it should show you the incentives for your zip code, when you click on finance

Ma9573

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
The Ford incentives change quarterly, correct? It's the expectation that the $2500 Options instant rebate will be extended? My car is being built March 8th so it will be a photo finish to see if it makes it by quarter's end...

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I haven't gotten my car yet, nor read the contract. I'll read it before signing and recommend you do the same.

The Ford incentives change quarterly, correct? It's the expectation that the $2500 Options instant rebate will be extended? My car is being built March 8th so it will be a photo finish to see if it makes it by quarter's end...
I don't know how often they change. But we do know that Options residuals changed at the beginning of this month, and I think the $100 early adopter cash for Active Drive Assist Prep Kit also got modified sometime during this month or last.

So you'll need to find out what your options are (Options and otherwise) on the day you compete the sale.
Sponsored