Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E First Edition Carbonized Grey, Audi Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
All,

As I noted on another thread, I received a second email on my order from back in Oct. 2020. Their was a new order ID and the date was one day later than my original order date. So I started doing some investigating and thanks to Mark Levine, VP of Communications from Ford, I determined that I only had one order and the correct one was the first email I received about it.

So, while he was checking on that for me, I asked him if he could give me a guesstimate on when my Mach E would be built. Well, the news wasn't want I wanted to hear but it is what it is.

First, I do not have a production date. My order date is 10-4-2020.

Second, Mike's best guess is that it would be built in late April or early May. That means delivery at the earliest would be Mid June or Early July. Again, that is the earliest. More than likely, it would be early July to early August when you take into consideration how long it will sit at the factory and shipping it to the Pacific Northwest. Not to mention that Covid-19 has affected production in Mexico by 50% with Ford, according to the Mexican Government, being affected the most.

Since we are down to one car right now, I just don't think I can wait that long for delivery. So, I am starting to explore other options. While I would love to have a BEV, (I had an BMW i3 before and really enjoyed it) I'm now looking at the Volvo XC40 Recharge and some PHEV's that will give me the tax credit I want and need. I won't even look at a Tesla, JD Powers shows them at 259 problems per 100 vehicles. No thanks, I'll pass on that. I wish I could wait for a Lucid but that's not going to happen, either.

So, the search begins with limited options with what I want. Maybe I'll just get a used truck to do some things around the house until I can get the Mach E. Time will tell.
Sponsored

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
All,

As I noted on another thread, I received a second email on my order from back in Oct. 2020. Their was a new order ID and the date was one day later than my original order date. So I started doing some investigating and thanks to Mark Levine, VP of Communications from Ford, I determined that I only had one order and the correct one was the first email I received about it.

So, while he was checking on that for me, I asked him if he could give me a guesstimate on when my Mach E would be built. Well, the news wasn't want I wanted to hear but it is what it is.

Second, Mike's best guess is that it would be built in late April or early May. That means delivery at the earliest would be Mid June or Early July. Again, that is the earliest. More than likely, it would be early July to early August when you take into consideration how long it will sit at the factory and shipping it to the Pacific Northwest. Not to mention that Covid-19 has affected production in Mexico by 50% with Ford, according to the Mexican Government, being affected the most.

Since we are down to one car right now, I just don't think I can wait that long for delivery. So, I am starting to explore other options. While I would love to have a BEV, (I had an BMW i3 before and really enjoyed it) I'm now looking at the Volvo XC40 Recharge and some PHEV's that will give me the tax credit I want and need. I won't even look at a Tesla, JD Powers shows them at 259 problems per 100 vehicles. No thanks, I'll pass on that. I wish I could wait for a Lucid but that's not going to happen, either.

So, the search begins with limited options with what I want. Maybe I'll just get a used truck to do some things around the house until I can get the Mach E. Time will tell.
Just pointing out one other option in case you had not considered. Over the next couple months a lot of the original reservation holders from late 2019 / early 2020 are going to be taking delivery. We have already seen at least a dozen or more cancels. So, you could keep your eye out for a dealer selling one that was refused at delivery. @trutolife27 is usually on-point posting dealer listings for these, you can search his posts for some past listings.

OP
OP
memcm_expert

memcm_expert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
Just pointing out one other option in case you had not considered. Over the next couple months a lot of the original reservation holders from late 2019 / early 2020 are going to be taking delivery. We have already seen at least a dozen or more cancels. So, you could keep your eye out for a dealer selling one that was refused at delivery. @trutolife27 is usually on-point posting dealer listings for these, you can search his posts for some past listings.
Yes, I will be doing that too. I have actually be keeping an eye on Autotrader and Cars.com for that exact purpose. The only cars I have found is in the color of grabber blue. I have actually found 4 of them so far. Not a fan of the color so not interested in them. Did find one dealership on OKC that wanted $10k over MSRP for it. That's not going to happen.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
If you are going to consider PHEVs - keep in mind some of them are just as hard to get - I have been trying to look at Rav4 Prime as a replacement for an ICE I have - not available generally and cant place an order - on the list at a few dealers who do call me when they have one coming in but usual ADM is 4.8K over MSRP.

Good luck with your decision, and hope you can snatch a canceled MME.

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
Kirkland Ford has 15 Mach-Es listed - not sure what is actually available.

OP
OP
memcm_expert

memcm_expert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
Kirkland Ford has 15 Mach-Es listed - not sure what is actually available.
They haven't even take delivery of any of them. Called yesterday.

OP
OP
memcm_expert

memcm_expert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
Ok, I found one. A red FE at Citrus Ford in Ontario, CA. Told them we could do the deal today if they did not have an ADM on the car.

They did have an ADM on it, $12k more. They wanted $71,900 for it.

I told them to perform an un-natural act upon themselves.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Interesting. I ordered my MME on 9/30/20 and it was accepted (after I called them) by my dealer on 10/1/20. Got an email from Ford in mid-December that it would be scheduled for production the week of 2/14/21. It has since slipped to the week of 2/21/21 and still holding so far. From what I have gathered, it could be up to two weeks before it is actually moved to Built.

Mine is a RWD Premium Extended. Not sure why an AWD ordered about the same time would be produced two to three months later.

For me, I would rather mine be build later as I have a Honda Clarity on lease which does not end until October. But, I will take it no matter when it shows up.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Yes, I will be doing that too. I have actually be keeping an eye on Autotrader and Cars.com for that exact purpose. The only cars I have found is in the color of grabber blue. I have actually found 4 of them so far. Not a fan of the color so not interested in them. Did find one dealership on OKC that wanted $10k over MSRP for it. That's not going to happen.
These kind of unscrupulous dealers make me sick. Sorry, but this is sleazy and cheapens the brand. If they want to go sell cars on ebay or whatever fine, but these are Ford dealers. I just don't like it one bit. If my dealer did that I'd cancel my order.

OP
OP
memcm_expert

memcm_expert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
These kind of unscrupulous dealers make me sick. Sorry, but this is sleazy and cheapens the brand. If they want to go sell cars on ebay or whatever fine, but these are Ford dealers. I just don't like it one bit. If my dealer did that I'd cancel my order.
I agree,

That one was bad, but the one I found today was worse. They wanted $71,900 for a red FE.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
I agree,

That one was bad, but the one I found today was worse. They wanted $71,900 for a red FE.
Some of our forum MachDrop buyers may have also a regular order as well and those double orders get canceled. See my signature - I will have most likely not take possession of the Premium just due to the expected delivery time of April compared to the FE delivered late FEb. So there may be folks like that

brockr

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag

Second, Mike's best guess is that it would be built in late April or early May. That means delivery at the earliest would be Mid June or Early July. Again, that is the earliest. More than likely, it would be early July to early August when you take into consideration how long it will sit at the factory and shipping it to the Pacific Northwest.
Ugh, sorry to hear that. I didn't realize they were at the point of build/delivery dates being that far out.

My order date is late December, and I've been thinking I'll get a build date in March or April, but perhaps that was overly optimistic. I do wish I could understand the order date vs. build date logic a little more. I understand there are manufacturing and logistical reasons why it wouldn't be strictly first-ordered-first-built, but even understanding that, it's hard to make sense of the timing when looking at the order tracking thread.

I'm not in any real need for the car sooner, other than impatience, so I'll continue to wait and see what happens. I was checking dealerships, but all the ones near me that are listed as having a Mach E don't actually have them yet; and once they get them, they will be reserved for their loaner program for at least a couple of months.

Good luck with your search for whatever you end up with!

OP
OP
memcm_expert

memcm_expert

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Systems Engineer Lead
Country flag
All,

Well I found a dealership that has an FE on the lot in stock! And not to far away from me. I pick it up Wednesday. Carbon Grey. I'll post first impressions during the trip and when I get it back home.

And btw, they did not mark the car up 1 cent.

The trip home will involve one stop for charging. Forecast for that area is the highs will be below freezing.

It will get warmer as I get close to home.

Last edited:

crownmountain

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 2WD ER, 2022 MINI Cooper S EV
Occupation
Industrial network architect
Country flag
Ok, I found one. A red FE at Citrus Ford in Ontario, CA. Told them we could do the deal today if they did not have an ADM on the car.

They did have an ADM on it, $12k more. They wanted $71,900 for it.

ADM of $12k....That is utterly nuts. All that does is help VW, Tesla, Chevy etc sell cars. If my dealer tries that for a Mach-E I have had on order since June last year I will say nothing. I will walk out call the credit card company to cancel the deposit and drive to the VW dealer for an ID.4 , and failing that will go to the Telsa Web site and order a model Y for a known price. And as for the numbskull that would pay the price....there are no words for that level of stupid. It's not like it is a Shelby GT500 and only 5000 get made. Sorry for the rant but I find ADM for a car that is for the masses is just nuts.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
"un-natural"?

?Birds do it, bees do it
Even educated fleas do it ?

perfectly natural!

??
Sponsored