First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
Something for the hardcore MME folk.

I have been exploring the data available from the OBDII connector and today ran a scan to determine which data points I could access. These would be DID or Data ID read queries which is UDS service 0x22, basically sent a request to arbitration ID 0x7DF and logged which modules responded.

Number of modules responding to a DID query: 44
Lowest module responding was 06F0, highest was 07E7
Number of DIDs responding to query: 1521

The data collected was the DID requested, the list of modules that responded, and the length of the payload that was returned. The data is an array, each entry looks like this:

{
"did": 64843,
"length": 32,
"modules": [
]
},

I found a list of module names/IDs (thanks Eric) and it has 45 modules listed in it, I guess I have to see who is the quiet one (or it could a module below 0x600 which is where I set my filter, I have seen module 0x59E spamming me in the past so I routinely filter it out).

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/any-obd-ii-app-that-works-yet.2952/post-166266

I do have the data collected in a JSON file that I can attach here if anyone is interested in downloading a copy.
Sponsored

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Did you check out what Car Scanner pulls? The data points in that app seem to be sufficient for me. I am using it to validate the trip computer, and the validation is failing. The trip computer isn't very good.

OP
OP
Jiji

Jiji

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT 2023 Rivian R1S
Country flag
Did you check out what Car Scanner pulls? The data points in that app seem to be sufficient for me. I am using it to validate the trip computer, and the validation is failing. The trip computer isn't very good.
Sorry but I haven't tried CarScanner so can't comment on it.

You need to be using the high resolution odometer, all the other odometer readings I have seen are in km so aren't very useful for precision work at shorter distances. It has 100m (tenths of km) resolution and is in the IPC module at DID 0x404C, but it is on the MSCAN bus so you can't access it without a ODBII dongle that can access both the HSCAN and the MSCAN CAN buses.
Sponsored