Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up!

Johnny

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium SR AWD, Buick Enclave
Occupation
Accountant
Country flag
Yup, they sent me the note yesterday that I needed to submit proof of order with the VIN# on it. Umm, you don't get a VIN when you ORDER the car NJ...

Seeing what I can get from my dealer with the Order date, my name, and VIN#... but my guess is that the data I need is no longer available
If you go back to the reservation page on the Ford website, it has both the VIN # and order date on there. Just print that to a PDF?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up! 1617744507912
Sponsored

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
I just got an email that my application was approved, but that the funding ran out, so the money has to come from FY 22, and the FY22 budget is approved at the end of June. So no checks until the end of the summer.

FYI in my application I included attached to my order contract a snapshot of the order tracker which had my VIN and an order date in 2020.

yeah exactly like this
If you go back to the reservation page on the Ford website, it has both the VIN # and order date on there. Just print that to a PDF?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up! 1617744507912

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

I took delivery of my car 2 months ago; I no longer have that page available

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
Don't go to fords VIN tracking. Log in to your account on ford.com. My account > account > Reservations and Orders > View on your mach e.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Don't go to fords VIN tracking. Log in to your account on ford.com. My account > account > Reservations and Orders > View on your mach e.
I tried this and when I get to Reservations and Orders and click on that I get a message "you have not made a reservation", any ideas??

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Tim, when you ordered, did you do it at the dealer??.....I did, I sent to Charge UP a copy of an order form that the dealer had....it was a very simple single paper.....it had date of order, of course my name and signature, it did NOT HAVE A VIN because there is no VIN until car is being built.....when I spoke to Ann King today, she had that paper in front of her and she said if Ford would add the VIN that would do.......the paper had the vehicle description, color, interior, trim,etc , also the the pkg I got.....maybe your dealer has a similar copy......she also specifically mentioned the screenshot too........if you figure out how to retrieve that info, please let me know, I would sent both to ChargeUp.....

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Tim, when you ordered, did you do it at the dealer??.....I did, I sent to Charge UP a copy of an order form that the dealer had....it was a very simple single paper.....it had date of order, of course my name and signature, it did NOT HAVE A VIN because there is no VIN until car is being built.....when I spoke to Ann King today, she had that paper in front of her and she said if Ford would add the VIN that would do.......the paper had the vehicle description, color, interior, trim,etc , also the the pkg I got.....maybe your dealer has a similar copy......she also specifically mentioned the screenshot too........if you figure out how to retrieve that info, please let me know, I would sent both to ChargeUp.....
I had reserved online, but in july 2020 my dealer converted the reservation to an order so it became an "in store order". Since that time I see virtually no info about the car; even worse now the date is my purchase date.

I am hoping my dealer can print something up on their letterhead.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I had reserved online, but in july 2020 my dealer converted the reservation to an order so it became an "in store order". Since that time I see virtually no info about the car; even worse now the date is my purchase date.

I am hoping my dealer can print something up on their letterhead.
I'm thinking that they should have an order "sheet" similar to what I described......according to Ann King, make sure it has your name, order date, and VIN.....I'm going to my dealer at about 9:30 to get them to add the VIN to the order sheet I have and to change my bill of sale/invoice to say NEW not USED.....good luck to both of us....

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
I'm thinking that they should have an order "sheet" similar to what I described......according to Ann King, make sure it has your name, order date, and VIN.....I'm going to my dealer at about 9:30 to get them to add the VIN to the order sheet I have and to change my bill of sale/invoice to say NEW not USED.....good luck to both of us....
Maybe all this is one reason they're switching to a point of sale rebate. Less work and paperwork for all, hopefully.

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Good news, at least for me! I ordered before Dec 15th and took delivery in February so I was still under the wire.

My dealer managed to get me a printout from Ford's internal order system to prove I indeed ordered the VIN I took delivery of, and today I got approved!

Like the rest of you, I'll have to wait to see if the program gets funded again in June - but at least they are trying to make it right.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAM

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
GOOD NEWS!!!!

My dealer managed to get me a printout from Ford's internal order system, and today I got approved!

Like the rest of you, I'll have to wait to see if the program gets funded again in June - but at least they are trying to make it right.
So for those of us who took delivery after the March 15 cutoff, we can still get the rebate?

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
So for those of us who took delivery after the March 15 cutoff, we can still get the rebate?
Unfortunately, no. You had to have ordered before Dec 15th, taken delivery by March 15th, and filed the forms by march 31st

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Unfortunately, no. You had to have ordered before Dec 15th, taken delivery by March 15th, and filed the forms by march 31st
I ordered in time, but did not get my car until the 20th.