Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up!

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Off topic, but I just have to get it off my chest: Gritty is the creepiest mascot of all time, but somehow appropriate for a team from Philly ?

Disclaimer: I was born in Philly, as were my parents and siblings

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Update: Spoke with a couple local dealers—they are WAITING on their authorizations from the NJ ChargeUp dealer portal to begin the POS program. The portal will also give them the rebate amounts. They think it will be operational on July 7.

kathrynvigg

First Name
kathryn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mache e
Country flag
Update: Spoke with a couple local dealers—they are WAITING on their authorizations from the NJ ChargeUp dealer portal to begin the POS program. The portal will also give them the rebate amounts. They think it will be operational on July 7.
Hi Im having trouble finding a dealership/salesperson I feel comfortable working with. any recommendations ?

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Hi Im having trouble finding a dealership/salesperson I feel comfortable working with. any recommendations ?
I had a great experience at Fullerton Ford in Sommerville. Worked with Tom Cusimano and Joe Orlando. Knew Ford Options, etc. Highly recommended.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I had a great experience at Fullerton Ford in Sommerville. Worked with Tom Cusimano and Joe Orlando. Knew Ford Options, etc. Highly recommended.
Same here John and Joe, no funny business, no ADM and accepts XPLAN.

carbonizedbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E 4X, '17 Outback, '10 Jetta, '01 Beetle
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
And it's back. (ish)

https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/

*The total incentive amount for an eligible vehicle is $25 per mile of EPA-rated all-electric range, as determined by fueleconomy.gov up to $5,000 for vehicles with a MSRP under $45,000, or up to $2,000 for vehicles with a MSRP between $45,000 and $55,000. Vehicles with an electric range of over 200 miles are eligible for an incentive of up to $5,000, depending on vehicle MSRP. See the program Terms and Conditions for more information on incentive amounts.

The Eligibility Guidelines are....interesting:

https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/eligibility-guidelines

3. Agree that the entirety of the purchase or lease for an eligible vehicle must occur on or after the official launch of Phase Two, the Point-of-Sale Program, and in the State of New Jersey at a participating dealership or showroom.​
  • Vehicles ordered in advance of the Phase Two launch will not be eligible for an incentive.
and

6. Retain ownership, or an active lease agreement, and registration of the vehicle with the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission for a minimum of 36 consecutive months immediately after the vehicle purchase or lease date. Leased vehicles must reflect a minimum of 36 months on the original lease agreement.​

I guess you'll be OK if you turn the car in at 36 months with Options?

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
And it's back. (ish)

https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/

*The total incentive amount for an eligible vehicle is $25 per mile of EPA-rated all-electric range, as determined by fueleconomy.gov up to $5,000 for vehicles with a MSRP under $45,000, or up to $2,000 for vehicles with a MSRP between $45,000 and $55,000. Vehicles with an electric range of over 200 miles are eligible for an incentive of up to $5,000, depending on vehicle MSRP. See the program Terms and Conditions for more information on incentive amounts.

The Eligibility Guidelines are....interesting:

https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/eligibility-guidelines

3. Agree that the entirety of the purchase or lease for an eligible vehicle must occur on or after the official launch of Phase Two, the Point-of-Sale Program, and in the State of New Jersey at a participating dealership or showroom.​
  • Vehicles ordered in advance of the Phase Two launch will not be eligible for an incentive.
and

6. Retain ownership, or an active lease agreement, and registration of the vehicle with the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission for a minimum of 36 consecutive months immediately after the vehicle purchase or lease date. Leased vehicles must reflect a minimum of 36 months on the original lease agreement.​

I guess you'll be OK if you turn the car in at 36 months with Options?
I hope that those of us who got approvals by the March 15 date will be included under the old $55000 limit, under the new guidelines I would miss the $5000 by about $300.....oh well ....when I order the mach e I didn't know about any state incentive, still good and it doesn't affect me but the amount my son will inherit, haha.....waiting for that "check is in the mail" email from charge up.....good luck to us all

stephywephy88

First Name
Stephywephy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I hope that those of us who got approvals by the March 15 date will be included under the old $55000 limit, under the new guidelines I would miss the $5000 by about $300.....oh well ....when I order the mach e I didn't know about any state incentive, still good and it doesn't affect me but the amount my son will inherit, haha.....waiting for that "check is in the mail" email from charge up.....good luck to us all
I'm guessing it will be the Phase 1 amount. The website has $7M already "reserved" for payments. Hope you get your check soon :)

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm guessing it will be the Phase 1 amount. The website has $7M already "reserved" for payments. Hope you get your check soon :)
hope you are right, haha.... there are a few of us here on the forum who met the DEC 15, order date and received our cars by the March 15 date (and of course did the required paperwork too), oh, and were also approved by the date.....

NJDevFan30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME Premium ER, '19 Highlander Hybrid
Country flag
Glad they are coming through (hopefully) for those in Phase 1 they ran out of funding for.

Is it just me though or does them slipping in these new requirements then seem contradictory: "the entirety of the purchase or lease for an eligible vehicle must occur on or after the official launch of Phase Two".

No new ordered MMEs are going to eligible since the likelihood of funding still being available by the time they're delivered is slim. Only shot at getting the rebate is hoping to find a dealer model/canceled ordered and hoping there's no ADM to negate the incentive.

Just being bitter :). At least I'll have my MME in a month or so.

carbonizedbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Glad they are coming through (hopefully) for those in Phase 1 they ran out of funding for.

Is it just me though or does them slipping in these new requirements then seem contradictory: "the entirety of the purchase or lease for an eligible vehicle must occur on or after the official launch of Phase Two".

No new ordered MMEs are going to eligible since the likelihood of funding still being available by the time they're delivered is slim. Only shot at getting the rebate is hoping to find a dealer model/canceled ordered and hoping there's no ADM to negate the incentive.

Just being bitter :). At least I'll have my MME in a month or so.
I think the order thing may not matter for Mach E's. I get the impression that Tesla does things differently with "orders" and purchase dates and such and they do that to bend rules regarding dates for various incentives. And that may be what NJ is aiming for with that language.

If you can cancel your Mach E order, it's more like a reservation than an executed purchase. I mean, if you had an understanding with your dealer, you could "refuse delivery" of your ordered car and then "buy it off the lot."

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Vehicles ordered in advance of the Phase Two launch will not be eligible for an incentive.
This is flat-out crazy. It gives an incentive for people/dealers to do this:
... if you had an understanding with your dealer, you could "refuse delivery" of your ordered car and then "buy it off the lot."
which is just silly.

carbonizedbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
This is flat-out crazy. It gives an incentive for people/dealers to do this:

which is just silly.
Agreed - but I don't think the *intent* is affect Mach E *deliveries* that occur after that program starts.

Apparently Tesla doesn't do business like normal car dealers. So apparently they deliver cars that aren't considered "purchased" until they are fully registered. So this language may be intended to address that situation. You can't take delivery of your Tesla weeks to months before the incentive starts and claim it it because the state considers the registration date of Tesla's the purchase date. Because the purchase agreement (eg "order") isn't tied to delivery?

Bigman80085

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NONE
Country flag
I am thinking about ordering a mach e with the phase 2 incentive.

However, getting it under $45,000 is basically impossible unless you take the absolute base model.

I would prefer to get the technology package added onto the SELECT model - MSRP comes out to ~$47,000 With it included. Or even just the premium, which is ~$48,000

Do you all know/think there is any way to work with ford to get the $5k incentive?
Sponsored

Last edited: