Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up!

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
That's NJ's doing, not Ford's. NJ is the one responsible, not Ford. If anyone should pay anything, it's the state, not Ford.
Apparently, Ford doesn't agree with you, so take it up with Ford.
Sponsored

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
That's NJ's doing, not Ford's. NJ is the one responsible, not Ford. If anyone should pay anything, it's the state, not Ford.
I absolutely agree with you that the onus was on NJ for terminating the program. However, for goodwill Ford tried to compensate for those who got caught by the 3+ month delay in shipping. If you recall twice Ford stopped shipments to correct issues, which pushed deliveries much further back. My suspicion is that many car deliveries were being turned down (or expected to be cancelled), and Ford felt there was a wrong that they contributed to and that they could correct.

As always, every time they try to do something good it gets twisted into something "unfair" and wrong.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I absolutely agree with you that the onus was on NJ for terminating the program. However, for goodwill Ford tried to compensate for those who got caught by the 3+ month delay in shipping. If you recall twice Ford stopped shipments to correct issues, which pushed deliveries much further back. My suspicion is that many car deliveries were being turned down (or expected to be cancelled), and Ford felt there was a wrong that they contributed to and that they could correct.
But they're only doing it there and not other places where the delay cost people money. Which is the problem with selective "good will" measures. They may create good will with the winners, but they create ill will with the losers that they're not doing the same thing for. That part is often missed.

It is what it is. I know nothing is going to change. Simply commenting off how such disparate treatment opens a can of worms and can create more ill will than good.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
It is what it is. I know nothing is going to change. Simply commenting off how such disparate treatment opens a can of worms and can create more ill will than good.
You mean like the way that you're mad about getting a $1000 price cut on your car because other people got a $3000 cut? Why should Ford giving something to a small group of people in NJ cause ill will for anyone? You're the one going out of your way to argue about it in a thread that was started by people in NJ to discuss the situation. I don't live in NJ, but I'm happy for anyone who can get a price break. It's not costing me any more for them to get a discount, so why be mad about it? I think people in general will be happier in life if they can get over the "where's mine?" philosophy. Who ever said life was fair?

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
What about the Options program rebate being either $2,500 or $1,000, based on zip code? Is it "fair" that some are getting more than others based on where they live? What is "fair"?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You mean like the way that you're mad about getting a $1000 price cut on your car because other people got a $3000 cut? Why should Ford giving something to a small group of people in NJ cause ill will for anyone? You're the one going out of your way to argue about it in a thread that was started by people in NJ to discuss the situation. I don't live in NJ, but I'm happy for anyone who can get a price break. It's not costing me any more for them to get a discount, so why be mad about it? I think people in general will be happier in life if they can get over the "where's mine?" philosophy. Who ever said life was fair?
LOL. You mean increased the price differential by $2000 between the Premium AWD ER that some of us were going to buy vs the same spec FE (plus a little paint). You keep ignoring the part that matters, over and over.

You're not from NJ either, yet you're going out of your way to post in this thread. Yet you complain about me posting on the topic. Hypocrite much?

If you'd bothered to read my post a few back, you'd see that I'm happy for any individual buyer. And that my comment is about Ford and the state policy. I guess that's too principled for you to grasp.

Have a good day.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What about the Options program rebate being either $2,500 or $1,000, based on zip code? Is it "fair" that some are getting more than others based on where they live? What is "fair"?
Your right, I think many would argue (and have) that that's not very fair either.

Sometimes that type of thing is based on specfic markets that are tougher to sell cars in, and thus a market adjustment is applied to stay competitive. But that's clearly not the case with this selective $5000.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I said exactly what I meant, and that wasn’t it. But you have a good day too :)
Yes, you intentionally ignore the important part to spin it and be misleading. Thus why it needs correcting.

That hasn't gone unnoticed.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yes, you intentionally ignore the important part to spin it and be misleading. Thus why it needs correcting.

That hasn't gone unnoticed.
We clearly disagree on what the important part is. But let’s let the folks in NJ get back to their discussion. Sorry folks!

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
No, they weren't caused by Ford, they were caused by COVID. And even if Ford had delays on their own, it still wouldn't make then responsible for state money.

Doesn't matter whether the state deadline was Dec 14 or Dec 31. Still the same thing.

As you said, the state is the one that screwed people by changing their 10 year program. That's the state's responsibility, not Ford's.
The delays were not covid. My car was sitting in a lot near Kansas City for over two months.

JSOrange97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150, Chevrolet Suburban K1500
Country flag
I'm curious where we will end up on this. We took delivery 3/12 (delayed of course) and I submitted the paperwork in time but we are waiting to hear from Charge Up NJ. Perhaps we will end up like the others that submitted in time and were "approved", but without funding will still end up in limbo.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
My dealer responded to my inquiry about the $5k Rebate from Ford and said:
"Hey Sal, talked to Ford. They are going to give you a $5,000 rebate!"

I responded asking him to provide written confirmation and complete details. Will post back when I get them.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Got the word from Ford that my car was built on 04/26/2021. Should arrive to my Dealer in NJ around June 6th. I got his from my sales rep today, so I guess it is legit - Ford is giving (some of us?) a $5k rebate to make up for the NJ (10 year program!) rebate that lapsed. Note: I ordered 10/20/2020 and based my order partly on getting the $5k rebate.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up! 1619550831678

Cay_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Star White MME Awd
Country flag
I ended up buying a MME that was in stock (from a ordering mishap) as oppose to the one I have on order since there are so many delays and I needed a car asap. I too based my order on the NJ rebate parameters and kept my MSRP under the specified number. Luckily, I had a honest sales rep who found the certificate without me knowing it existed and before I saw this updated post. It is legit. I appreciated it and gladly accepted my rebate!
Sponsored

Reactions: SAM