Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up!

carbonizedbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2017 Outback, 2010 Jetta
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I am thinking about ordering a mach e with the phase 2 incentive.

However, getting it under $45,000 is basically impossible unless you take the absolute base model.

I would prefer to get the technology package added onto the SELECT model - MSRP comes out to ~$47,000 With it included. Or even just the premium, which is ~$48,000

Do you all know/think there is any way to work with ford to get the $5k incentive?
What do you mean by "work with Ford?"
Sponsored

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I am thinking about ordering a mach e with the phase 2 incentive.

However, getting it under $45,000 is basically impossible unless you take the absolute base model.

I would prefer to get the technology package added onto the SELECT model - MSRP comes out to ~$47,000 With it included. Or even just the premium, which is ~$48,000

Do you all know/think there is any way to work with ford to get the $5k incentive?
I wouldn't think so. They stepped up when the state pulled the rug out unexpectedly, but that was a onetime thing that apparently only effected 125 people or so.

Bigman80085

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NONE
Country flag
I wouldn't think so. They stepped up when the state pulled the rug out unexpectedly, but that was a onetime thing that apparently only effected 125 people or so.
Yea i suppose that makes sense. If it was a few hundred maybe they would help out, but a few k might be hard

Vinsaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Prem AWD
Country flag
I have been trying to follow up on this for a while and gave up after they disbanded the program. I pre-ordered Sep 2020, Took Delivery in April. At the time nothing was setup to enroll in the program. Am i basically screwed out of this 5k?

carbonizedbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
I have been trying to follow up on this for a while and gave up after they disbanded the program. I pre-ordered Sep 2020, Took Delivery in April. At the time nothing was setup to enroll in the program. Am i basically screwed out of this 5k?
What configuration/color did you order?

You did not get an extra incentive from Ford?

yeomanse

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Crap, I have a deposit on a premium 4x with msrp just under the 55k limit... in NYC because that was the only place I could find one. The whole NJ dealer only thing is a real buzz kill. Does anybody think the NYC place would be willing to trade it to a NJ place so I can get my 2k?

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yea i suppose that makes sense. If it was a few hundred maybe they would help out, but a few k might be hard
I believe that those 125 or so folks where those who ordered by the Dec 2020 deadline but did not get their cars by the March 15 deadline set by charge up , so Ford helped out those......again it is my understanding, could be wrong

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Contact Ford. they were going to do something for people in your case, but I don't know if it's too late now

carbonizedbrett

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scientist
Country flag
Prem / AWD / ER right at 55k with color black to do so. I did not receive anything from Ford. From the dealer or Ford themselves?
You might want to reach out to Ford.

Your car may have been delivered before Ford got the incentive referred to above spun up.

I had assumed that only folks that got delivery dates prior to the 3/15/21 NJ incentive delivery deadline (for orders placed before 12/20/20) but then had their deliveries delayed would be entitled to that incentive.

But as it turned out, my name and VIN was on the list, too. I ordered in November and took delivery 6/25/21.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I believe that those 125 or so folks where those who ordered by the Dec 2020 deadline but did not get their cars by the March 15 deadline set by charge up , so Ford helped out those......again it is my understanding, could be wrong
True. I was one of them. Ordered October 2020 (partly basing my decision on the $5k rebate), but did not take delivery until early June. Ford gave me the credit to make up for the lapse in funding:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up! 1625670094169

Vinsaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Prem AWD
Country flag
You might want to reach out to Ford.

Your car may have been delivered before Ford got the incentive referred to above spun up.

I had assumed that only folks that got delivery dates prior to the 3/15/21 NJ incentive delivery deadline (for orders placed before 12/20/20) but then had their deliveries delayed would be entitled to that incentive.

But as it turned out, my name and VIN was on the list, too. I ordered in November and took delivery 6/25/21.
Contact my dealer? Or contact someone at ford through the website?

yeomanse

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Do we have official confirmation that the delivery fees (DESTINATION & DELIVERY 1,100.00 ) don't count to the 55k MSRP limit? AKA are we sure the Premium Awd Ext with not fancy paint gets the 2k?

Looks like I'm going to have to wait until after my out of state license appointment which is a month and a half from now... Looks like I cant register in NJ until I get that and its appointment only... Knowing if Ill get the 2k extra off will help me think its worth it to table my purchase for now so I get both no sales tax and the 2k. Basically 6k less then if I bought it right now in New York.

yeomanse

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
https://chargeup.njcleanenergy.com/...Charge_Up_New_Jersey_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

"The MSRP cap will include all line items on the purchase or lease agreement which relate to the value of the vehicle itself (including but not limited to battery upgrades, autonomous upgrades, wheel and tire packages, audio and infotainment system). The MSRP cap will not include maintenance or vehicle care packages, additional vehicles accessories (ex: first aid kits, floor mats, cargo nets, etc.), destination and delivery charges, tax, registration fees, title fees, and documentation fees since these line items do not relate to the value of the vehicle itself, but rather to logistics, care, and maintenance of the vehicle."

Would still be interested to hear any experiences from a buyer.

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Has anyone who "made the cut" of a March 15th delivery heard anything from the state or gotten a check? Apparently the rebates are being included in new sales already.
Sponsored