Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up!

Quack2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Country flag
Has anyone who "made the cut" of a March 15th delivery heard anything from the state or gotten a check? Apparently the rebates are being included in new sales already.
Nothing yet on my end. Was considering sending an email to the folks over there. My recollection was they didn’t think checks would go out until August so I’d been biding my time not wanted to appear overly aggressive with the staff at the State.
Sponsored

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Has anyone who "made the cut" of a March 15th delivery heard anything from the state or gotten a check? Apparently the rebates are being included in new sales already.
I've heard nothing new either......my recollection, was that we would get an email, basically saying "check is in the mail" (as per conversations with Ann King back in March) and I. too, think they were being sent out Aug......but, I am 73 and prone to make mistakes, haha......also I hadn't heard dealers were already doing point of sale rebates already......is it with the $45000 limit??.....

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I emailed them today - they said it could take up to 5 months, but I assume that is a warning to leave them alone :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up! Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 4.12.52 PM

stephywephy88

First Name
Stephywephy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e, Infinite Blue
Country flag
.also I hadn't heard dealers were already doing point of sale rebates already......is it with the $45000 limit??.....
The point of sale rebate is up and running at participating dealerships listed on the NJ Charge Up website and more dealers are being added daily. My boyfriend got a Kona Limited this weekend with the $5,000 rebate but the Kona Ultimate would have reduced his rebate to $2,000 since that trim is over the $45,000 soft cap.

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
I just did this deal today. Super smooth at the dealership--they just took the $5K right off the top. Made it real easy. I didn't negotiate anything (seller's market) but no ADM and just had to wriggle off some gap insurance they seemed to really want to add to my monthly payment (they did). Otherwise, super smooth. Hopefully most dealers have signed up. My dealer told me that this is really one of their best selling Fords right now because they actually have at least a handful of them in stock--they had only ONE F-150 on the entire lot! Crazy.

Oh, as someone who was specifically looking for a stripped base model to get the 5K -- get hustling if that's what you want! They were disappearing faster than I could get to dealerships.

available_username2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cmax energi
Country flag
I emailed them today - they said it could take up to 5 months, but I assume that is a warning to leave them alone :)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up! Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 4.12.52 PM
5 months! ? ?? . I emailed the July 7th and they gave no timeframe. They must have gotten sick of us. But holy fucking shit, how long does it take to mail what must be like 500 checks?

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
5 months! ? ?? . I emailed the July 7th and they gave no timeframe. They must have gotten sick of us. But holy fucking shit, how long does it take to mail what must be like 500 checks?
At least you'll get $5K eventually. I am SOL and will get $0 rebate just because I bought the car in a 6 month window when NJ was screwing us out of the rebate (Timbop's title to the thread still stands in my opinion).

Return of the Mach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
Got mine too!!! USPS is going to be carrying some heavy envelopes on 8/18!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up! 1629399471808

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I just got my check today, but it was from a california bank. Anybody else get theirs yet, and if so is it the same? I emailed chargeupnj about it just to confirm that it is correct; I am assuming it is a third paerty company that they contracted with to handle the disbursements, but I wanted to check before I deposit the check in my account in case it's some kind of scam

stephywephy88

First Name
Stephywephy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e, Infinite Blue
Country flag
I just got my check today, but it was from a california bank. Anybody else get theirs yet, and if so is it the same? I emailed chargeupnj about it just to confirm that it is correct; I am assuming it is a third paerty company that they contracted with to handle the disbursements, but I wanted to check before I deposit the check in my account in case it's some kind of scam
I recall that the Center for Sustainable Energy manages the Charge-Up program and they are based in San Diego ?

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I recall that the Center for Sustainable Energy manages the Charge-Up program and they are based in San Diego ?
I didn't know that before, but you are correct. Got this email back:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up! Screen Shot 2021-08-23 at 2.30.54 PM

Return of the Mach

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I see that my check is coming from this bank as well (hasn't hit my mailbox yet so I can only see a picture of the outside of the envelope):

Ford Mustang Mach-E Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up! 1629743807515