Some of us just got screwed by New Jersey - but Ford is stepping up!

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Good news, at least for me! I ordered before Dec 15th and took delivery in February so I was still under the wire.

My dealer managed to get me a printout from Ford's internal order system to prove I indeed ordered the VIN I took delivery of, and today I got approved!

Like the rest of you, I'll have to wait to see if the program gets funded again in June - but at least they are trying to make it right.
After sending EVERYTHING I could get my hands on that had my VIN, order number, and order date on it, I finally got the email saying I was approved......the email seemed to say that any check would not be sent until summer, depending on funding......I don't know how much Ann King was directly involved in the final process (she did mention to me about sending the paperwork up to management) but she was GREAT during this whole process......

Tim, I also got the internal order printout from my dealer, who, also, went beyond what they had to, in order for me to qualify for the incentive.....I also sent in a copy of the tracker page, not from Ford, but the other.......now we wait for the email, saying "check is in the mail", haha

PS.....glad this is over for now........
Sponsored

Quack2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Country flag
After sending EVERYTHING I could get my hands on that had my VIN, order number, and order date on it, I finally got the email saying I was approved......the email seemed to say that any check would not be sent until summer, depending on funding......I don't know how much Ann King was directly involved in the final process (she did mention to me about sending the paperwork up to management) but she was GREAT during this whole process......

Tim, I also got the internal order printout from my dealer, who, also, went beyond what they had to, in order for me to qualify for the incentive.....I also sent in a copy of the tracker page, not from Ford, but the other.......now we wait for the email, saying "check is in the mail", haha

PS.....glad this is over for now........
For additional clarification to any one interested, I got my approval email today as well. I was one of the people whose MSRP was over $55k if the delivery and destination was included. So looks like NJ was true to their word on the guidance document that those fees were excluded. I know that’s what the guidance said but until I got the email, I wasn’t too confident. Here’s hoping a nice big budget passes and we all get a nice summer bonus.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
For additional clarification to any one interested, I got my approval email today as well. I was one of the people whose MSRP was over $55k if the delivery and destination was included. So looks like NJ was true to their word on the guidance document that those fees were excluded. I know that’s what the guidance said but until I got the email, I wasn’t too confident. Here’s hoping a nice big budget passes and we all get a nice summer bonus.
Good news....hope all of us that were in this situation do OK and get that approved email.....

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I sent an email to my Dealer to see if they got the bulletin. My order date is 10/20/2020 and my car is scheduled to be built week of 4/19/2021, so it will likely arrive in June (before restart of the NJ $5k incentive program around July 1). I'll post what I find out.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Wow! That is fantastic for those who ordered in time but just missed the Mar 15 delivery deadline for the rebate. Very impressed by Ford.
Me too.

Sadly this will get missed and ignored by the "I want to lodge a complaint" crew

OP
OP
timbop

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
WOW!!!!!!!!!......great find Tim......I wonder how many folks the news affects??....
Actually, the credit goes to @jhalkias - he forwarded me the article

According to the article a hundred or so.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
I guess the problem is - how do we find out if we are in the group of 'about 125' customers?
Not sure how/who to contact at Ford - any ideas?

@emmaberg in twitter does not accept messages (but I'm a twitter moron so take that for what it is).

MachEUser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
Does the Ford 5k credit apply if you ordered by 12/2020 and are expecting delivery by July 1st. Any details from Ford on how long they will honor this til?

Also if delivery happens to be after July 1st and if the state program is reinstated but at less than 5K, does this apply?

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Does the Ford 5k credit apply if you ordered by 12/2020 and are expecting delivery by July 1st. Any details from Ford on how long they will honor this til?

Also if delivery happens to be after July 1st and if the state program is reinstated but at less than 5K, does this apply?
Only Ford knows right now who they want to extend it to as 125 is very vague. I would think it should be entitled to the folks who ordered expecting 12/20 delivery and received after 3/15 the program cut off date. When you ordered in 12/2020 delivery would be beyond the program date. Also the NJ program ran out of money long ago, the hope is that the next phase sets aside money for the prior group and a future group.

125 is a very small group and most likely it will only be provided to who missed out due to a late delivery.

Last edited:

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Only Ford knows right now who they want to extend it to as 125 is very vague. I would think it’s should be entitled to the folks who ordered expecting 12/20 delivery and received after 3/15 the program cut off date. When you ordered in 12/2020 delivery would be beyond the program date. Also the NJ program ran out of money long ago, the hope is that the next phase sets aside money for the prior group and a future group.

125 is a very small group and most likely it will only be provided to who missed out due to a late delivery.
I believe that you had to order by the 12-15-20 date and did not receive your car by the 3-15-21 cutoff date because of delays by Ford.......
Sponsored