Some real-world data on the 91kWh MachE battery

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
Took my MachE on a road trip the other day. It was the first time in New York that temps were in the EV sweet spot range (60F - 70F), and I wanted to see how the MachE would perform.

The TLDR version is: I drove 125.39 miles which took the battery from 99% to 57%. Extrapolating this gives the 91kWh battery a ~298 mile range. So Ford is actually being conservative when they say 270.

A few other interesting data points about this trip:
  • Temps that day hovered between 60F to 70F
  • This included at least 45 minutes of stop & go aggressive NYC traffic
  • This included about 2 hours worth of highway driving on the Palisades
  • I did NOT have 1-pedal driving enabled (absolutely hate it). Very impressed the car still maintains this range without 1-pedal driving.
  • For a solid 25 minutes on the way home, it turned into a downpour. High beams, windshield wipers, and heated steering wheel were turned on during this time
  • I am using the eAWD XR Premium version of the car. I drove it in "Engaged" mode

This is in sharp contrast to the range I'm used to in 20F - 30F winter weather which is ~200 miles on a full battery. I don't think it's just the efficiency of the battery at optimal temperatures, I also think the car uses a lot of energy for heating while it's 20F. During my mini road-trip I barely used the climate control at all.
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Iā€™ve been wondering if anyone knows if the car is cruising along on the highway with BlueCruise or CoPilot, is it still doing any worthwhile regen? Like if you go down a hill, is it coasting or is it just keeping the motors moving forward?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Iā€™ve been wondering if anyone knows if the car is cruising along on the highway with BlueCruise or CoPilot, is it still doing any worthwhile regen? Like if you go down a hill, is it coasting or is it just keeping the motors moving forward?
It will use regen if deceleration is needed to maintain the set speed.