Some things I would like to see in the new Mach-E

ford_investor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 Mitsubishi Outlander SE
Country flag
Hey there guys
Already introduced myself in the introduce myself section. I don't know if the Mach-E has these features yet. I am a bit of a tech geek so these things may not be useful for everyone, but probably most important for digital millennials who will someday buy this car versus a Tesla

1. Driver facing camera with zoom media and google meet applications for remote meetings - this sounds dumb, but Tesla will get this at some point (https://electrek.co/2020/05/05/elon-musk-tesla-native-video-conferencing-cars/) and this is a feature which digital millennials will use as status/humble brag.
"Yo I'm callin you from my Mach-E/Tesla" .

2. Google Chromium or firefox web browser which can play html5/youtube/netflix/mp4 web videos - ask millennials if they go to the movie theatres or watch TV - most don't anymore especially since the pandemic - content is viewed through web technologies now, most people with Teslas use them almost like a second home, with games/entertainment inside the car

3. Video game apps which use the pedals/steering wheel, same as above, for entertainment inside the car

Not sure if the Mach E has these features yet, can anyone confirm?
Sponsored

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Hey there guys
Already introduced myself in the introduce myself section. I don't know if the Mach-E has these features yet. I am a bit of a tech geek so these things may not be useful for everyone, but probably most important for digital millennials who will someday buy this car versus a Tesla

1. Driver facing camera with zoom media and google meet applications for remote meetings - this sounds dumb, but Tesla will get this at some point (https://electrek.co/2020/05/05/elon-musk-tesla-native-video-conferencing-cars/) and this is a feature which digital millennials will use as status/humble brag.
"Yo I'm callin you from my Mach-E/Tesla" .

2. Google Chromium or firefox web browser which can play html5/youtube/netflix/mp4 web videos - ask millennials if they go to the movie theatres or watch TV - most don't anymore especially since the pandemic - content is viewed through web technologies now, most people with Teslas use them almost like a second home, with games/entertainment inside the car

3. Video game apps which use the pedals/steering wheel, same as above, for entertainment inside the car

Not sure if the Mach E has these features yet, can anyone confirm?
Those features will all appear on the new trim line: "Mustang Mach-E Single Use"

OP
OP

ford_investor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mach-E line maybe single use if it doesn't have these features

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
An iPad car mount should be able to satisfy all your requirements? I believe the car comes with HotSpot and USB/USB-C charger for your pad.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Mach-E line maybe single use if it doesn't have these features
I don't think 80,000 people ordered a Mach-E to sit parked watching videos in it...

OP
OP

ford_investor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
An iPad car mount should be able to satisfy all your requirements? I believe the car comes with HotSpot and USB/USB-C charger for your pad.
Won't work the same way , needs to be able to watch movies on the screen/ play through the car speakers natively. Not sure if the sync system has netflix/youtube/webbrowser which can be cast to the screen through apple car play or android auto from the phone

Sounds dumb I know, this is an advantage Tesla has and understands that other car manufactures haven't figured out yet with the OEM multimedia systems

FPLiptak

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I would love to see the addition of a Regen Paddle such as in the Chevrolet Bolt EV. I use it all the time and more often than not get 230+ miles per charge. Yes I do a full charge after going down to less than 10%. I tried the "One Pedal" driving and really did not like it. I use Cruise Control all the time.

OP
OP

ford_investor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You just described a PlayStation 5
Technological advances are convergences of devices , example is digital camera ,scanner, phone , rolodex = smart phone . An EV car is a technological advance and should be converging multiple devices

RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
needs to be able to watch movies on the screen/ play through the car speakers natively
The car screen is 15" vertical. An iPad screen is 10" horizontal, which has more usable space for movies. Additionally, it wouldn't be comfortable to tilt my head downwards towards the infotainment for a long time. For movies, I would want the display to be higher than the steering wheel.

The sound can definitely go through car speakers. It works the same way as playing music through bluetooth. I'm pretty sure that you can have Netflix go through the car's speakers on Mach E and on many cars in production today.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
OP
OP

ford_investor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The car screen is 15" vertical. An iPad screen is 10" horizontal, which has more usable space for movies. Additionally, it wouldn't be comfortable to tilt my head downwards towards the infotainment for a long time. For movies, I would want the display to be higher than the steering wheel.

The sound can definitely go through car speakers. It works the same way as playing music through bluetooth. I'm pretty sure that you can have Netflix go through the car's speakers on Mach E and on many cars in production today.
Model S/X has a vertical screen as well and people watch movies on it ok

This video pretty much explains it better than I can

OP
OP

ford_investor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ah but people knew that they would get something like this as Tesla is considered a tech company.

Here people are buying a Mustang (haters notwithstanding) and have different expectations for that.
Who said Ford can't be a tech company ? :)

Just saying , these are things that set Tesla apart right now versus the other car manufacturers. All the EV cars roll the same and get people from point A to B. It is the tech/operating system of the media system that sets them apart. If car A cost 45k and car B cost 45k but one allows the occupant to watch netflix while parked charging, most customers will go with the one that allows you to watch netflix while charging

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Country flag
Who said Ford can't be a tech company ? :)

Just saying , these are things that set Tesla apart right now versus the other car manufacturers. All the EV cars roll the same and get people from point A to B. It is the tech/operating system of the media system that sets them apart. If car A cost 45k and car B cost 45k but one allows the occupant to watch netflix while parked charging, most customers will go with the one that allows you to watch netflix while charging
Didn't say Ford can't be a tech company, just saying when someone sees a car with "Mustang" on it; watching Netflix isn't at the top of the list of requirements.

The contention that younger buyers are looking for that...I'm not so sure as younger buyers don't really buy cars these days (although it seems like that the youngest generation may be changing that).
Sponsored