OP
OP

ford_investor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 Mitsubishi Outlander SE
Country flag
Ford's stock doesn't rise! LOL the joke amongst the Ford employees I know is that "we do bad, stock prices fall, we do good and stock prices fall" ;)
Yep the chart looks like it, but new ceo, new products, etc. I'm willing to take a large gamble Ford will be higher in the next few years. It is a positive sign the new CEO bought around 1 million dollar worth of ford stock at the lows earlier this year too. I could be wrong and Ford goes bankrupt in 5 years too, but I am willing to take the risk

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...ord-coo-farley-million-ford-stock/3077466001/
Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
This will change your mind

Go download the turo app , rent a model 3 for a day ... go ask your girlfriend/wife or whoever on a date. Go park somewhere nice (view of the golden gate bridge etc) and watch netflix and chill with your significant other .. you will see how it can't compare to have native apps in the car versus fumbling connecting an ipad /laptop etc

Also Tesla charges for premium connectivity for the car, I think Ford should as well for these features. I think most people who use these features don't mind paying 10$ a month for it
Has the world degraded to the point that if you have your wife or girlfriend in the car and you go and park somewhere nice and secluded that what you think of as an option to do is NETFLIX? That was not the case in my early days. The world has moved on. :(

OP
OP

ford_investor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 Mitsubishi Outlander SE
Country flag
Has the world degraded to the point that if you have your wife or girlfriend in the car and you go and park somewhere nice and secluded that what you think of as an option to do is NETFLIX? That was not the case in my early days. The world has moved on. :(
Grab some drive through food, park and watch netflix .... sounds like a normal pandemic 2020 date ?

Jolteon

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
The car won't come with free unlimited data either. Tesla charges $10 for premium connectivity. And if you paid that, you can use car's hotspot.
I pay that because it saves me money, so of course yes.

Ford's data plan is not $9.99/month.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
Google (or Bing) “Netflix and Chill” and you’ll see you are both of the same mind.

Forget about ‘Dog Mode’. Put a ‘Submarine Races’ app in Sync4.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’ll settle for ventilated seats. I’m easy to please though (and I have an iPad to watch all my video entertainment on).

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
A heads-up display. Especially if could show information about what is on the right and left of the vehicle like what is on the model Y center screen.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
I'll tell you their prior CEO (before today) use to LOVE saying that Ford *is* a "tech company."

The $53k Mach-E I've got on order doesn't have the same UX as the $37k Tesla that's the equivalent to the one I've already got, I'd say that's a problem indeed.
The Tesla UX has a LOT of room for improvement.

MyPetSlug

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima, Mazda CX-9
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This to me is the simplest thing. *The* reason why our phones are great is not because a single company has thought of everything. It's that the platform is open source and 3rd party developers are able to create and sell their own content.

Maybe you don't want apps to have complete unrestricted access because driving needs to be safe, but I'm sure there are a lot of APIs Ford's devs can expose. Let there be a marketplace where people can:
  • create games for the Mach E while you're waiting to charge. Or even while driving. Can their be apps that rank drivers by their efficiency? Or shortest time to a destination under the speed limit?
  • Allow customization of the sounds. You should be able to buy a sound pack that makes the car sound like a space ship or whatever.
  • Change what the interface looks like. Everyone has their own personal preferences.
  • Maybe apps that sync your ambient lights to the music
And lots of other stuff I'm sure none of use would think of. This is the biggest piece where I think car companies have to start thinking like tech companies.
Sponsored