Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
Any issues with opening the car without the phone or fob? I can barely get in how was it possible that someone was able to get into my car? I do not keep anything in it but they at least went through the car! Is the Keypad code universal? I can't even get that to work.
Sponsored

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You left out a lot of details. How far were you away from the car? Was it at home, at work, in public places? Did you manually lock the car or are you depending on "walk-away Locking"? Did you buy the MME as a demo car?

Many different possibilities.

OP
OP
mcleanj

mcleanj

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
You left out a lot of details. How far were you away from the car? Was it at home, at work, in public places? Did you manually lock the car or are you depending on "walk-away Locking"? Did you buy the MME as a demo car?

Many different possibilities.
THANKS For your response.

The car expectedly locks when I walk away. I was at home last night and my phone is about 30 to 50 feet away from the car. It was not a demo car.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag

The car expectedly locks when I walk away. I was at home last night and my phone is about 30 to 50 feet away from the car. It was not a demo car.
The short answer is that your car was left unlocked.

The “why” is really the question.

30 feet is pretty close.

I learned to stop trusting the walk away locking on my SS years ago. Wasn’t 100%. I also keep my key fob in my pocket and learned it accidentally will pop the trunk or unlock from time to time.

OP
OP
mcleanj

mcleanj

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
The short answer is that your car was left unlocked.

The “why” is really the question.

30 feet is pretty close.

I learned to stop trusting the walk away locking on my SS years ago. Wasn’t 100%. I also keep my key fob in my pocket and learned it accidentally will pop the trunk or unlock from time to time.
Right, which means the walk away did not work coincidentally last night. Or it stays open at night and I don't know it. I don't use the key so I will have to lock it manually at night just in case!!

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
30 feet is pretty close. The fob or PAAK, if you’re using the latter, could unlock it. Lock the car either manually or through walk away lock then put your FOB in a faraday bag. Iy you’re using a phone as a key that’s a bit more of an issue quote so close.

Reactions: ARK

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag

You need to be about 10ft from the car with a fob for it to sense you, so it's definitely not fob or Paak. Could it be somebody knew or guessed your pin? Turn on securialert, it will give you notification.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
30 feet is pretty close.
It's definitely not close enough. My fob is typically left in the kitchen, less than 20ft from the car in the garage. The car never opened the door without the fob or paak in close proximity. I don't think the car can feel the fob father than 10ft. It's actually easy to experiment.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
It's definitely not close enough. My fob is typically left in the kitchen, less than 20ft from the car in the garage. The car never opened the door without the fob or paak in close proximity. I don't think the car can feel the fob father than 10ft. It's actually easy to experiment.
So if 30 feet away won’t unlock it, I begs the question:

With walk away lock, how far do you have to be for it to lock itself?

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Today I had the fob 1 foot from my MME and when I opened the rear hatch the alarm went off. Not the same thing as it being unlocked but software bug.

The only way to be sure it is locked is to lock it with the fob, phone or touch the lock above the door button and watch the mirrors fold in.

OP
OP
mcleanj

mcleanj

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
So if 30 feet away won’t unlock it, I begs the question:

With walk away lock, how far do you have to be for it to lock itself?
Well the lock away sets in at about 6ft from the car. It is pretty sensitive. The car lights up when I am 15ft from the car but does not unlock.

OP
OP
mcleanj

mcleanj

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Photographer
Country flag
Today I had the fob 1 foot from my MME and when I opened the rear hatch the alarm went off. Not the same thing as it being unlocked but software bug.

The only way to be sure it is locked is to lock it with the fob, phone or touch the lock above the door button and watch the mirrors fold in.
I forget about the lock button! I'll just use that just to be safe. Good idea

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
I agree with most here. The most likely cause of the break in was the walk away lock not locking the car. You can test and check the location where you keep the fob, go back to the car without it and see if it locked. You can disable the door code if you are concern they used it (that is not universal by the way).
I hope that does not happen again to you.

JCHLi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Just curious, but did you have SecuriAlert setup? You can set a schedule so it turns on and off at a certain time. Wouldn't keep anyone out, but you'd get notified someone was opening the door.
Sponsored