Someone please start a thread with instructions on how to remove the Frunk divider.

efisher

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E on order
Country flag
Would someone please start a thread with instructions on how to remove the Frunk divider. (For people like me who are mechanically hopeless.)
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Would someone please start a thread with instructions on how to remove the Frunk divider. (For people like me who are mechanically hopeless.)
Since you started the thread wouldn't this qualify even though you're just asking the question?

I'd say the easiest method is a stick of dynamite. Oh wait you wanted the car intact? well then.

If you want to do it carefully: Get a wide bladed screwdriver and pop each one of the fasteners out. Then lift out the divider--took me 15-20 minutes. Replace the fasteners so you plug the holes and they are ready if you ever want to put it back in.

To pop the fastener out you slide the screwdriver in between the top and the ring (sorry no pictures) then you just turn the blade so it puts force on the top. The top should just pop up. Some of mine were a bit touchy so I resorted to getting some needle nose pliers in leiu of the screwdriver: once the top is up high enough I slid the pliers on each side of the top and gently applied more force at an angle so the top pops out. Then you just pull the rest of the fastener out.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
A set of plastic auto trim tools are handy to have. They have all sorts of angled ends, some with U or V shaped openings (like a claw hammer) that are easy to push under the heads of plastic fasteners. A search at Amazon or any auto supply house will show all sorts of available sets. They are also good to nudge apart plastic parts for jobs like installing dash cam wires with minimal scratches. The name on mine is "NyberGlas". There are many manufacturers and types to chose from. Here is an example of one from the set:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Someone please start a thread with instructions on how to remove the Frunk divider. Unknown

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
https://www.amazon.com/QMET-Plastic...t=&hvlocphy=9030037&hvtargid=pla-570352770685

Ford Mustang Mach-E Someone please start a thread with instructions on how to remove the Frunk divider. 1614486293272

The plastic fastener is a 2 piece design. There is an outer plug and inner pin/rivet. Use the tool to pull out the inner pin first. Does not have to come all the way out but far enough to allow the outer plug to collapse so it will come out of the hole. When re-installing. Insert the pin just barely into the outer plug.....push the 2 piece assembly into the hole making sure it penetrates both panels without depressing the pin. When the plug assembly is fully inserted, then push in the pin to 'set' the fastener into place.

Last edited:

TheReverendH

First Name
Harrison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Select AWD
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Let me Google this for you!

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I used a small, flat-bladed screwdriver and a lot of care and patience after reading all of the experiences everyone else shared. The most frustrating thing I encountered was that sometimes the “notch” was not well-lined up for me to get my flat-bladed screwdriver under it. In those cases, I also have a pair of curved needle nosed pliers that helped. Again, patience and going slowly are your friends. And don’t forget - once you’ve removed the dividers, the remaining holes make great storage locations for those plastic rivets so you don’t lose them ?
Sponsored