Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
How far does the Phone as a key or provided key work? I was in church today, and when I came out, someone had been in my car and gone through my glove box and center console and scatter everything through out the car. I use the walk away lock feature and the horn beeped when I left the car.
Sponsored

agdad

Banned
Banned
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
At a church too, which make it even worse.
I was at noon Mass last year and when Mass was over 5 people discovered their cars had been broken in to.
I carry a concealed Glock to Mass now...... Churches aren't safe anymore

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Set the alarm.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
How far does the Phone as a key or provided key work? I was in church today, and when I came out, someone had been in my car and gone through my glove box and center console and scatter everything through out the car. I use the walk away lock feature and the horn beeped when I left the car.
Do you use the fob or PAAK?

JRinOAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium
Country flag
In FordPass app, under Vehicle, turn on SecuriAlert. You phone will get notifications anytime any door is opened.

Also, another good reason to get a dashcam (THINKWARE U1000) which has a motion detector and starts recording when a person or other vehicle get close.

Kabish

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Mustang
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If you are afraid that your PAAK is reaching the lot, which I suppose it could in the right conditions, then put your phone into airplane mode. Or better yet, shut your phone off while at church. Closing the app is not enough, got to at least turn off BT and WiFi, I suppose you could leave cellular on.

OP
OP
Major

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I carry both the fob and my iPhone is set to work as a key.
I use the iPhone to live-stream the services. That would be interesting to set the Fordpass to inform me if someone opened the door and while live-streaming the messaged appeared on my screen that someone was in the car.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I recommend you have the 21P22 updates performed at your dealer, this should enhance the security of the door modules. Anecdotally based on reports here, early builds will sometimes allow the doors to open while locked when the button is pushed. Usually the thieves go around parking lots trying handles until they get lucky.

OP
OP
Major

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I recommend you have the 21P22 updates performed at your dealer, this should enhance the security of the door modules. Anecdotally based on reports here, early builds will sometimes allow the doors to open while locked when the button is pushed. Usually the thieves go around parking lots trying handles until they get lucky.
Thanks. That's what I really wanted to know - if others had that happen.

Goober96

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E4X, 1996 Mustang Cobra, 2008 Corvette
Country flag
In FordPass app, under Vehicle, turn on SecuriAlert. You phone will get notifications anytime any door is opened.

Also, another good reason to get a dashcam (THINKWARE U1000) which has a motion detector and starts recording when a person or other vehicle get close.
Tell me more about the camera. I read some reviews on it and some say the app isn’t that great. How is it overall? Will the camera connect to the car’s hotspot to upload to cloud or for live viewing on the app? Thanks.

SightUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
ARNG
Country flag
I was at noon Mass last year and when Mass was over 5 people discovered their cars had been broken in to.
This is actually illegal in some states even if you have a CC.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
What happened in the church?

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
That’ll work out well the next time someone ransacks his car.
Sponsored