Something odd happened this AM

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, E-Tron
Country flag
Something strange happened this AM. Granted, this is my wife’s telling of the story. She entered car with both her phone and the FOB and left both in the car to go upstairs and get the kids ready. When she came back she says that all the doors were locked and the car was in accessory mode. Only way she got in was with the keypad. I’m not sure how this could have happened? Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Something strange happened this AM. Granted, this is my wife’s telling of the story. She entered car with both her phone and the FOB and left both in the car to go upstairs and get the kids ready. When she came back she says that all the doors were locked and the car was in accessory mode. Only way she got in was with the keypad. I’m not sure how this could have happened? Any thoughts?
Maybe it was doing an update?

It will also do this if it was started remotely through FordPass app.

OP
OP

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, E-Tron
Country flag
Maybe it was doing an update?

It will also do this if it was started remotely through FordPass app.
Maybe an update. Her phone was in the car so she couldn’t have started it remotely.

is there a way to check logs of when car was remotely started?

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe an update. Her phone was in the car so she couldn’t have started it remotely.

is there a way to check logs of when car was remotely started?
Not that I know of

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
not a great idea to have FordPass open looking for you to use PAAK, and have a Fob at the same time. If you are going to use the Fob, then close FordPass on the Phone.

I would recommend wrapping the Fob up in foil, and hiding it in the car for emergencies and/or Valet/Service.... and using PAAK ( after you are sure you know your door pillar code and have set up the PAAK backup code in case of phone problems. )

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Software glitches aside.......the only way I know of to accomplish this is to physically press the lock button. Either press the one on the interior door panel and then close the door or use the door pillar to lock (by holding the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons at the same time). There also is a little lock icon there as well. Not sure if that will force lock the doors with the fob inside or not......it might. I know the other two methods that I mentioned will lock the car even with the fob inside.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
not a great idea to have FordPass open looking for you to use PAAK, and have a Fob at the same time. If you are going to use the Fob, then close FordPass on the Phone.

I would recommend wrapping the Fob up in foil, and hiding it in the car for emergencies and/or Valet/Service.... and using PAAK ( after you are sure you know your door pillar code and have set up the PAAK backup code in case of phone problems. )
Why is that? I haven't had to force close FordPass in over a year and I use the fob always. What sort of problems am I creating by doing this? (serious question as I didn't realize this was an issue....)

Also,
I do have a spare fob hiding in the car. I didn't bother with foil or a faraday bag. I just simply opened the fob and removed the battery. Then placed both in a little plastic bag and hid it somewhere. Even if the battery goes dead, I can still start the car by placing the battery-less fob in the console holder. I've tested it and it works fine. (just another idea for folks to consider...)

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Why is that? I haven't had to force close FordPass in over a year and I use the fob always. What sort of problems am I creating by doing this? (serious question as I didn't realize this was an issue....)
my question would be 'what functionality of Fordpass would you want to use if you have a Fob in your pocket?'... i.e. why have the App running if you are using a Fob?

The thing that I've noticed both myself and a few threads is that people who have BOTH FordPass and PAAK active (with Bluetooth on)... have occasional glitches as the communication fails to transfer from BT/Fordpass at a distance, then transfer to PAAK or Fob once you all get in the car. i.e. depending where you set your phone, or Fob, people seem to have glitches 'finding the key' to start the car.

Wrapping fob in foil and hiding somewhere in cabin, and using just PAAK, seems to be the least problematic while still having the Fob for emergencies, Servce, and Valet parking.

Also,
I do have a spare fob hiding in the car. I didn't bother with foil or a faraday bag. I just simply opened the fob and removed the battery. Then placed both in a little plastic bag and hid it somewhere. Even if the battery goes dead, I can still start the car by placing the battery-less fob in the console holder. I've tested it and it works fine. (just another idea for folks to consider...)
Certainly another approach.... but foil burrito seemed easier than removing battery and replacing when/if I needed it.

Reactions: RLW

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
not a great idea to have FordPass open looking for you to use PAAK, and have a Fob at the same time.
Why not? My phone has FordPass running, and I get in the car with my fob all the time.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Why not? My phone has FordPass running, and I get in the car with my fob all the time.
with PAAK configured, and Bluetooth active ? no problems ?
...maybe it's better now than early days.

But I would still ask, why would you have FordPass running if you also have your Fob in your pocket?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
But I would still ask, why would you have FordPass running if you also have your Fob in your pocket?
Using both works fine for me. I leave FordPass running in the background all the time because my trips close to home are just with PaaK. But when I do grab the fob, why would I take my phone out of my pocket and close FordPass?

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Using both works fine for me. I leave FordPass running in the background all the time because my trips close to home are just with PaaK. But when I do grab the fob, why would I take my phone out of my pocket and close FordPass?
to save phone battery, and prevent key confusion.....
but apparently that's all better now.
I like having my Fob 'in foil' in the car, but if you guys wanna have both all the time, go for it.

getting back to OP thread, my best guess is that the 'start' button on Fordpass got pressed accidentally when putting phone in/out of a pocket if FordPass was open on-screen.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
with PAAK configured, and Bluetooth active ? no problems ?
...maybe it's better now than early days.

Are you on iOS or Android? There's nothing that's detrimental to keep apps running in the background on iOS. They technically aren't "running", but in a paused state with relevant connections still ongoing.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Are you on iOS or Android? There's nothing that's detrimental to keep apps running in the background on iOS. They technically aren't "running", but in a paused state with relevant connections still ongoing.
I had LOTS of problems with my old phone on Android v9 when I first got my MME (Feb '21)

no problems with new phone Android v12, except for one phone update this summer that killed PAAK and I had to delete and re-configure PAAK completely.
Sponsored