Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Do you have auto-hold enabled?
That's one of the reasons I turned Autohold off. I like the initial creep when taking my foot off the brake. Makes for a more gradual transition too.

Although my bigger reason for turning it off is the need for creep in parking spaces and garages. Autohold is probably good if one pedal driving, but it's a bad fit for traditional two pedal use.

frank.herbst

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, , Subaru Imprez
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This happens with pretty much every new car. People go nuts to be the first. Then a usually small percentage don't seem to understand the first year for a new model, much more so for a completely new car, will have some issues. If people didn't stand in line to be the first Ford would need to consider deals on models that will be improved for most follow on years.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
No, it does. Or some do, anyway.

Mine has a tip-in clunk like an old 4-speed auto slamming into Drive from Park every time I start from a stop. Even feathering the accelerator - nothing... nothing... *WHAM* back into the headrest... start of slow acceleration.

Even at parking lot speeds, the tip-in clunk tosses me around. NO other EV does this. I've rented Bolts, I've rented Teslas, I've even rented an I-Pace. None did this.
SteelMach: Does your MMe do this in all drive modes? Is it related to auto-hold or one pedal driving?

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The way I explain it is this - "Your car isn't worth more, your money is worth less."
Yup got an A in economics. So completely understand, car will cost 4x as much but i will only have 2x the money i had. just trying to find some fun in the coming inflation spiral coming soon. IMO

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I could try that. I don't really want to drive with anything other than 1-PD and Auto Hold, though. Those are "essential" features, IMO. But for experiment's sake I could try next time I go somewhere.
If you leave 1PD on all the time, do you also need auto-hold? It would be good to experiment either way.

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Here's an update after day #1 with my FE. Last night I plugged in using the Ford supplied charger using 240 and it worked like a charm! I have developed a new curse phrase in my vocabulary though and its acronym FNGPassword! Frustrating beyond belief. I've gotten so use to automatic passwords via my Mac and Dashlane...lazy. Anyway I had very little issue setting up PAAK with Ford pass. Sirius... had to call to activate my free service since the dealer didn't do that. (Audi dealer did all that stuff before I picked up the car. I pulled the SIM card from my trade but had to call AT&T (real PITA) to get the old car off my accountant reduce that bill until I have to renew. Car Play work fine yesterday without a glitch... except the business about BT and WiFi... not sure I understand that. But today, when I turn to CarPlay, a pop up tells my I'm not connected and to turn off Airplane mode (never on) and connect to WiFi? Now the car's WiFi is on and active but my iPhone 12Pro doesn't connect to the car's WiFi hotspot. When I'm in the car, there are two WiFi connections available. One is "PROXCEXCSDER?" and it shows active/locked. there is another that shows as I hotspot which I can connect to momentarily (phone shows connected) but then when I try to get back to CarPlay it disconnected and reverted to the other "PRO..." and the phone isn't connected! Grrr. Anyway, I'll stop by the dealer tomorrow! o that's it for me. Otherwise all is good so far.S

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yup got an A in economics. So completely understand, car will cost 4x as much but i will only have 2x the money i had. just trying to find some fun in the coming inflation spiral coming soon. IMO
Wow, you are really convinced about inflation spirally out of control. Takes me back to the Jimmy Carter days when folks were paying 18% for a mortgage on their home. But the Money Market accounts did very well.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here's an update after day #1 with my FE. Last night I plugged in using the Ford supplied charger using 240 and it worked like a charm! I have developed a new curse phrase in my vocabulary though and its acronym FNGPassword! Frustrating beyond belief. I've gotten so use to automatic passwords via my Mac and Dashlane...lazy. Anyway I had very little issue setting up PAAK with Ford pass. Sirius... had to call to activate my free service since the dealer didn't do that. (Audi dealer did all that stuff before I picked up the car. I pulled the SIM card from my trade but had to call AT&T (real PITA) to get the old car off my accountant reduce that bill until I have to renew. Car Play work fine yesterday without a glitch... except the business about BT and WiFi... not sure I understand that. But today, when I turn to CarPlay, a pop up tells my I'm not connected and to turn off Airplane mode (never on) and connect to WiFi? Now the car's WiFi is on and active but my iPhone 12Pro doesn't connect to the car's WiFi hotspot. When I'm in the car, there are two WiFi connections available. One is "PROXCEXCSDER?" and it shows active/locked. there is another that shows as I hotspot which I can connect to momentarily (phone shows connected) but then when I try to get back to CarPlay it disconnected and reverted to the other "PRO..." and the phone isn't connected! Grrr. Anyway, I'll stop by the dealer tomorrow! o that's it for me. Otherwise all is good so far.S
That would irritate the crap out of me too. Its beginning to sound like we are going to need technical advisers to figure stuff out. Not counting on that from a dealer.

Jim Glass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That would irritate the crap out of me too. Its beginning to sound like we are going to need technical advisers to figure stuff out. Not counting on that from a dealer.
I did forget to say that CarPlay works anyway!!!! It plays music from my Phone, lets me use WAZE, make phone calls or Message from the app? and access some other stuff.

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
I have never driven an automatic so thus is coming from a novice.

What is auto hold ? And why use it?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

Auto-hold applies the brakes when you come to a complete stop and holds it there without having to keep your foot on the brake. When you press the accelerator, auto-hold releases the brake. But sometimes you can feel this release of the brake, and some people don't like it.

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Its ok. I have it on my Honda and use it mostly when going through the drive-thru or in traffic jams. You push the button to turn on Auto Hold. When you come to a stop, you can take your foot off the gas and the brake; your car stays in place until you put your foot back on the gas. No need to sit there with your foot on the brake. We are really getting a bit spoiled, right?
Sponsored