harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Wow, you are really convinced about inflation spirally out of control. Takes me back to the Jimmy Carter days when folks were paying 18% for a mortgage on their home. But the Money Market accounts did very well.
i do believe that is the inflation we will have or worse. So as everything doubles one day my house payment and car payment will be smaller. And yes i need stocks to keep up with inflation as i dont want to go back to work. its not that i minded going to work, it was the 8 hours waiting to go home that was the problem.
Sponsored

MikeyC

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt (currently). Mach-E (soon)
Country flag
I don't have a Mach-E, at least yet. So I have to ask: do you have to engage the auto-hold for it not to creep and for true 1 pedal driving? In other words, if you don't activate auto-hold, will it not come to a complete stop without putting your foot on the brake?

Mike

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mache with crap keys
Country flag
Last edited:

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its ok. I have it on my Honda and use it mostly when going through the drive-thru or in traffic jams. You push the button to turn on Auto Hold. When you come to a stop, you can take your foot off the gas and the brake; your car stays in place until you put your foot back on the gas. No need to sit there with your foot on the brake. We are really getting a bit spoiled, right?
I'm coming from a manual gear box where I just ride the clutch! Or use the hand brake

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I don't have a Mach-E, at least yet. So I have to ask: do you have to engage the auto-hold for it not to creep and for true 1 pedal driving? In other words, if you don't activate auto-hold, will it not come to a complete stop without putting your foot on the brake?
You don’t need to use auto-hold if you use 1PD. It won’t creep.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You don’t need to use auto-hold if you use 1PD. It won’t creep.
Maybe it's more to pair with the other high-regen modes then (Unbridled and "L" gear). Because it's a bad fit for traditional two-pedal driving IMO (Whisper and Engaged). It was on the first week I had the car but grew to really dislike it. It was OK at stoplights, but it was downright dangerous in tight spots like parking spaces and garages where you need to inch forward just a bit. Without normal creep, you have to take your foot off the brake and hit the accelerator pedal to get it to move. But once it starts moving it moves pretty fast. Then you have to move back fast to the brake pedal. You've probably already moved 2-3 feet by then, and accelerating. I was afraid I was gonna hit the wall in my garage when I just wanted to inch it forward another half a foot.

I quickly turned it off. But for a one-pedal driving style it makes more sense.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Here's an update after day #1 with my FE. Last night I plugged in using the Ford supplied charger using 240 and it worked like a charm! I have developed a new curse phrase in my vocabulary though and its acronym FNGPassword! Frustrating beyond belief. I've gotten so use to automatic passwords via my Mac and Dashlane...lazy. Anyway I had very little issue setting up PAAK with Ford pass. Sirius... had to call to activate my free service since the dealer didn't do that. (Audi dealer did all that stuff before I picked up the car. I pulled the SIM card from my trade but had to call AT&T (real PITA) to get the old car off my accountant reduce that bill until I have to renew. Car Play work fine yesterday without a glitch... except the business about BT and WiFi... not sure I understand that. But today, when I turn to CarPlay, a pop up tells my I'm not connected and to turn off Airplane mode (never on) and connect to WiFi? Now the car's WiFi is on and active but my iPhone 12Pro doesn't connect to the car's WiFi hotspot. When I'm in the car, there are two WiFi connections available. One is "PROXCEXCSDER?" and it shows active/locked. there is another that shows as I hotspot which I can connect to momentarily (phone shows connected) but then when I try to get back to CarPlay it disconnected and reverted to the other "PRO..." and the phone isn't connected! Grrr. Anyway, I'll stop by the dealer tomorrow! o that's it for me. Otherwise all is good so far.S
Wait, I need a mobile account for my cars wifi? Is that the only way the car works? I am trying to understand all I will need. I will have to go my mobile company and add a device. ???

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Wait, I need a mobile account for my cars wifi? Is that the only way the car works? I am trying to understand all I will need. I will have to go my mobile company and add a device. ???
Not *your* mobile company necessarily - AT&T.

Frustrating, because I do not want to go through the hassle of subscribing to anything with AT&T when Ford already has my credit card and I have the Ford app. Probably will forego the hotspot until Ford can find a way to handle everything themselves.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
No, the car works fine without any of that. I'm confused on what the OP is referring to exactly with the SIM card. I'm not aware that there's a spot in the car anywhere for a SIM card, but I don't know for sure. If there is, it's probably for vehicle hotspot capability (so occupants can connect to the car for internet service on their tablets/devices). But most people won't use the car as a hotspot. Most people will simply pair their own cell phone with the car, and use their phone's data to run Android Auto or Apple Carplay or any other apps that need internet.

The car has it's own internal AT&T dongle for it's internal connected functions for FordPass, OTA updates, etc. Although you can also connect the car to your home wifi for faster OTA update downloading.

I'd be curious to hear more from the OP regarding what he's referring to with the SIM card. I think he was just talking about his trade-in vehicle, not the MME.

Last edited:

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
There are two things here that I think are being confused: a mobile data connection by the car for things like OTA updates and telematics (i.e. FordPass Connect), and connection of other devices inside the car. For the former, my recollection is that the connection will initially be automatically enabled and set up, but that there might be a charge for some of it later on. For the latter, which is the Vehicle Wi-Fi Hotspot, there too the hardware is already installed, but you may need to sign up separately and pay Ford extra for it to be enabled. For both, Ford reportedly uses AT&T's 4G cellular service, so the quality of your car's connection to the Internet is reliant on the particular AT&T signal where you are. (I do not know whether someone with a separate AT&T account can add the car to the account at a better rate than what Ford charges.)

There's a separate option, namely to connect your car to a nearby *Wi-Fi* network to make OTA updates and other FordPass Connect data uses faster and easier, but only when you're parked near that network. Think of when your car is in your garage or alongside your house: rather than relying on the AT&T network, you can use your (presumably faster) home Internet connection via Wi-Fi. {Jonathan}

SteveUk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Maybe it's more to pair with the other high-regen modes then (Unbridled and "L" gear). Because it's a bad fit for traditional two-pedal driving IMO (Whisper and Engaged). It was on the first week I had the car but grew to really dislike it. It was OK at stoplights, but it was downright dangerous in tight spots like parking spaces and garages where you need to inch forward just a bit. Without normal creep, you have to take your foot off the brake and hit the accelerator pedal to get it to move. But once it starts moving it moves pretty fast. Then you have to move back fast to the brake pedal. You've probably already moved 2-3 feet by then, and accelerating. I was afraid I was gonna hit the wall in my garage when I just wanted to inch it forward another half a foot.

that is worrying if you can not control the car properly when trying to move into parking spaces etc like you can with a non EV.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag

I agree with you. In my previous car, I would leave auto-hold off most of the time. But if I was stopped at a red light, I would just hit the physical button to turn it on and remove my foot from the brake. Then when I got home, I would just hit the button again to turn it off so that I could easily pull into the garage. I like having the option, but if it's buried in menus, it's usefulness will be limited for me.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
that is worrying if you can not control the car properly when trying to move into parking spaces etc like you can with a non EV.
I think it's probably fine for those who drive with one pedal. Then the accelerator pedal does the braking too, and you don't need to switch pedals.

And it's fine for traditional 2 pedal drivers with Autohold off. Then it drives like a normal vehicle.

It's just trying to 2-pedal drive with Autohold on that's the problem. So I turn it off.
Sponsored