Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E First Edition, 2019 Audi Q5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wait, I need a mobile account for my cars wifi? Is that the only way the car works? I am trying to understand all I will need. I will have to go my mobile company and add a device. ???
Yes but not right away since Ford supplies a free connection for 6 months I think. but after the free period, you'll have to pay to keep Ford Connect. I had an Audi before this and it was the same. Audi had a separate SIM card, but Ford's is built in (modem)
Sponsored

Finkerton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Country flag
@MZ mach e FWIW, at some point I feel like the drive got smoother. Possibly after a TSB updated the car software, possibly after the recent OTA. But now when I'm in Whisper or Engage mode, I can manage a pretty smooth start and stop reminiscent of the Bolt -- and while occasionally there is still a small amount of a noticeable start/stop jerk, it's really not bad and sometimes isn't there at all. I'm happy to have it in return for the car not rolling forward in one-pedal mode when on an incline, something that drove me nuts on the Bolt. I prefer the steering feel on Unbridled, but I'd rather have floatier steering than a jerk when I gently touch the pedal or come to a stop.

OP
OP

MZ mach e

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Bolt EV
Country flag
@MZ mach e FWIW, at some point I feel like the drive got smoother. Possibly after a TSB updated the car software, possibly after the recent OTA. But now when I'm in Whisper or Engage mode, I can manage a pretty smooth start and stop reminiscent of the Bolt -- and while occasionally there is still a small amount of a noticeable start/stop jerk, it's really not bad and sometimes isn't there at all. I'm happy to have it in return for the car not rolling forward in one-pedal mode when on an incline, something that drove me nuts on the Bolt. I prefer the steering feel on Unbridled, but I'd rather have floatier steering than a jerk when I gently touch the pedal or come to a stop.
@Finkerton Its so funny you mention that. I was just at a light yesterday in my bolt and it was creeping forward down a hill. I'm glad to hear they are working on the Mustang. I did really like that car. I've been simply telling my friends just to wait until a 2022 or later version once they've ironed it all out. My biggest disappointment was in Ford...not the car. I expected there to be issues. But I also expected Ford to step in and not just tell me "Go take it in for service". For a car this new and this important to the future of your brand. Send zone-reps out to people's houses to meet with new owners and assess each car. Ford just hides behind their dealer network and the dealers are only interested in selling cars. Not servicing clients.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ranger and Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I also had a problem with my wipers coming on when the windshield was dry. I discovered the wipers were set for rain sensing. I moved the lever to "off" and, as expected, the problem went away. If it looks like rain, I'll move lever back to rain sensing.
The rain sensing in my 2019 Ranger has a sensitivity adjustment. A little fiddling with that solved the problem. I don’t have my MME yet but I’m expecting something similar.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
The rain sensing in my 2019 Ranger has a sensitivity adjustment. A little fiddling with that solved the problem. I don’t have my MME yet but I’m expecting something similar.
Yep, it does. Little dial inside the wiper stalk you can adjust after you lift the stalk up to the first click (which is auto)

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
@Finkerton Its so funny you mention that. I was just at a light yesterday in my bolt and it was creeping forward down a hill. I'm glad to hear they are working on the Mustang. I did really like that car. I've been simply telling my friends just to wait until a 2022 or later version once they've ironed it all out. My biggest disappointment was in Ford...not the car. I expected there to be issues. But I also expected Ford to step in and not just tell me "Go take it in for service". For a car this new and this important to the future of your brand. Send zone-reps out to people's houses to meet with new owners and assess each car. Ford just hides behind their dealer network and the dealers are only interested in selling cars. Not servicing clients.
My local dealer is fantastic and really focused on customer service. Their electric game gets better every day and if they don't know something, they reach back to Ford tech is fast. They sell allot of Transit Vans and business owners are telling them they are putting off some purchases to wait for the Electric Transit. As a result the dealers ownership is embracing the Electrification as it's more than just a handful of MachEs.
Sponsored